The summer season is rich not only with warmth, but also with a generous harvest of our favorite fruits and vegetables. Bright fresh radish is one of the first to start to please the eye and stomach after winter dishes. The low calorie content of the product helps to prepare the body for the beach season.
The radish is rich in fiber and vegetable protein and saturates the body with the necessary vitamins and minerals. It is great for fresh salads and baked vegetable garnishes. It is most useful to use it in large pieces, to avoid oxidation.
However, the radish can not be stored long in fresh form, it quickly rot and fade. The shelf-life of early varieties in the refrigerator is only 1.5-2 weeks, and the later - from 1 to 1.5 months. Therefore, the hostesses are trying to find a way to prepare a radish for the winter, to diversify the dishes in the winter dark evenings. A useful root vegetable will dilute the winter diet with a bright color and original taste of the usual product.
- Preparing the radish for harvesting for the winter
- Procurement methods
Preparing the radish for the workpiece for the winter
There are many ways and recipes for keeping the radish for the winter. Each mistress tries to find her own and please her family.
To prepare the radishes for the winter, you need to choose dense and large fruits. They contain more moisture, and therefore they fade more slowly.
If you grow radishes on your own, then for stocks for the winter it is best to prepare the radish well in advance. To do this, it is watered abundantly in the mornings. When harvesting, the leaves are not completely cut off.
Methods of harvesting
Radish is not the most popular product for blanks for the winter. However, the housewives open all the new recipes with which to store this useful vegetable. Among the methods of harvesting radishes, we can distinguish:
Freeze of radish is possible only in industrial freezers with low temperature( up to -40 degrees).Unfortunately, in the home freezer to prepare a quality radish will not work. The fact is that when frozen, moisture in the root crop will crystallize and destroy the structure. In winter, your desired harvest will upset you with its insipidity and softened form.
Preservation of radish will allow you to maximize the variety of your table in the winter. This is an indispensable snack will taste to all family members. In the countries of the East marinated radish is very revered on the table. A hostess with such a treat is always respected in society. However, it may be that vinegar is not recommended for everyone to eat. Can be preserved just radish with herbs, also in a wide variety of salads. Therefore, you can safely prepare for several recipes.
Before canning, you need to prepare root crops, accompanying ingredients and dishes. Radish should be chosen the same in size for a better taste and appearance of your workpiece. All products should be thoroughly washed, cleaned of rootlets, grains. Then put everything in a jar, pour marinade or pickle. It is necessary to sterilize the jars and covers and close tightly.
Marinade for radishes can be done very different. Modern housewives often use salt in its composition of soy sauce, add ginger and spices. For example, the addition of rosemary or black pepper will give the preparation notes of French cuisine. South American color can be achieved by adding tomato and red pepper to the recipe.
Radish pickling for the winter is a fairly simple process. Very often it is harvested in the form of assorted. However, you need to carefully select the mixture for a harmonious taste. The presence of salt will help radish to remain better. Prior to serving the dish, it is advisable to try it and, if necessary, rinse it to remove excess saline.
Delicious radish harvesting recipes for the winter
A simple billet recipe requires minimum ingredients, but will give a wonderful taste in winter. To taste the radish will remind the taste of pickled gherkins. The quantity of products is calculated on 8 cans on half-liter. For canning you will need:
- 2 kg of fresh radishes;
- 2 bunches of fresh dill;
- 4 tbsp.9% vinegar;
- 2 liters of water;
- 8-10 cloves of garlic;
- 4 tbsp.salts;
- 4-5 laurel sheets;
- 10 peas of black pepper.
- First of all we prepare banks: sterilize the way convenient for you, boil the lids. You can do this with a microwave at a high power of 5-7 minutes, except for the covers. Preparing radish, herbs and garlic. Cut the radish with thick circles. Garlic is cleaned and cut into slices.
- In unheated, sterilized cans we lay out layers of radish, 4-5 cloves of garlic and a couple of twigs of greenery. It turns out three layers in a half-liter jar.
- Let's start preparing the brine. We bring the water to a boil. Add salt and pepper. To taste, you can add other spices and spices, for example, coriander or coriander.
- In the finished marinade pour vinegar and pour into the jars.
- After this, we screw the filled cans.
- Banks put in the heat cover down for a day, wrapped.
Dietary radish salad in Korean style
Radish in Korean has a sharp and juicy taste. He is also known as "HE".This appetizing salad is a great appetizer and a dietary dish. It can be prepared from any kind of radish, with the addition of rice vinegar and spices. This salad can push any dish into the shade. It is perfectly stored in the refrigerator after opening an appetizing jar.
This budget procurement includes:
- radish - 1 kg;
- garlic - 10 denticles;
- chili - 3 pcs.;
- coriander - 50 g;Sweet pepper
- - 5 pcs.;
- onion - 2 medium heads;
- coriander seeds - 3 tsp;
- granulated sugar - 20 g;
- sea salt - 15 g;
- rice vinegar - 30 ml.
- Preliminary radish should be soaked for 5-10 minutes in cold water, washed with a brush and cut off the tips.
- Cut vegetables with thin straws or figured shredding for vegetables.
- Sliced radish salt and actively knead it until juice comes, it is convenient to do in a deep salad bowl.
- Then put it in a colander and wait 20 minutes. From the radish, excess moisture will leave, and this will help get rid of the bitterness.
- Seed the coriander seeds in a dry griddle for 3-4 minutes before the appearance of the fragrance, then grind in a mortar.
- Garlic can be finely chopped or passed through a press.
- Cut the chili pods with rings.
- Cut fresh cilantro as small as possible.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Evenly combine the workpiece with rice vinegar and sugar.
- After this, spread out in sterilized jars and tighten with boiled lids. In the heat put is not necessary.
The number of ingredients is calculated for 4 cans of 500 g.
Recipe for radish salad with tops
For this original piece you need to take a fresh radish with greens. Salted tops have a very piquant taste and will not leave indifferent even the most fastidious gourmet. Also add the green onions. You can take with already hard feathers. We add our favorite Korean seasoning. Be sure to put red pepper with garlic and salt.
All the ingredients are thoroughly washed. We cut the radish into halves. We cut the green onions at an angle so that they turn out sharp feathers. Mix everything well in a deep bowl, sprinkle with salt. Salt should be taken a little more than for a normal salad. Salt is recommended to take a large and not iodized. Add the ground garlic with pepper and seasoning. All we compact into prepared banks and roll them up with covers. Salty crispy radish will delight you throughout the winter.
It remains to wish patience to wait for a useful supply and a pleasant appetite!