Sunflower is a unpretentious and widespread plant everywhere. Seeds of this sun flower are considered not only excellent delicacy, but also a useful product with a rich composition. They are used in different forms and are the ingredients of many recipes. Knowledge of useful properties and contraindications of sunflower seeds allows them to be used with maximum efficiency.
- chemical composition
- Useful properties
- How to choose
- As use
- As store
- therapeutic use
- Atherosclerosis and elevated pressure
- from insomnia
- From osteochondrosis
- cosmetic purposes
- Nourishing mask
- From brittle nails
- For culinary purposes
- Vegetable salad
- Dessert with oatmeal
- Harm and contraindications
CThe ecology of sunflower is of considerable biological value, since it has a composition that is superior in quality to meat and eggs. At the same time, its digestion and assimilation is much easier than the above products.
The calorie content of the seeds is very high and is 601 kilocalories per 100 grams of edible part, nutritional value at the same time:
- fats - 52.9 grams;
- proteins - 20.7 grams;
- carbohydrates - 10.5 grams;
- water - 8 grams;
- dietary fiber - 5 grams;
- ash - 2.9 grams.
A large number of interchangeable and irreplaceable amino acids( 13,121 and 6,479 grams per 100 grams of product) are present in the proteins.
In the sunflower seed there is a significant amount of vitamins and minerals( % of the daily norm per 100 grams of the product):
- E - 208%,
- B1 - 122.7%,
- PP - 78.5%,
- B6 - 67, 3%,
- B9 - 56.8%,
- B5 - 22.6%,
- B4 - 11%.
- Magnesium - 79,3%,
- Phosphorus - 66,3%,
- Calcium - 36,7%,
- Potassium - 25,9%,
- Sodium - 12,3%.
- Manganese - 97.5%,
- Selenium - 96.4%,
- Zinc - 41.7%,
- Iron - 33.9%.
A rather significant share in the composition of seeds is occupied by dietary fiber, pectin. The seed of a sunflower is characterized by the presence of a high level of phytosterols( 970.9% of the daily rate).The main part among them is beta-sitosterol, which in 100 grams of raw materials contains 150 milligrams( 151.3% of the daily rate).The presence of these substances makes it possible to classify sunflower seeds as a category of women's products.to contents ^
The use of sunflower seeds attracts its taste, high nutritional value, pleasant pastime. At the same time, the rich chemical composition determines the useful properties of the product:
- Beneficial effect on the functioning of the circulatory system and heart. Seeds contribute to lowering blood pressure. Components of the composition( phytosterols, essential fatty acids) actively dissolve cholesterol plaques, contribute to the prevention of atherosclerosis. In this case, the seeds of sunflower seeds are especially useful. They regulate the level of cholesterol in the body and have a significant content of vitamin E.
- It is useful to use the product in diabetes. Components of the composition improve the metabolism in the body, the product contains a minimum amount of harmful sugars. Benefits and harm sunflower seeds in diabetes are determined by the volume and type of product used. The amount should be limited, it is better to count the calories, preferably it should be given to the dried seeds.
- Activation of the immune system, increased appetite, acceleration of tissue regeneration, beneficial effect on the organs of vision.
- Positive effect on the digestive tract. Seeds improve metabolism in the liver, eliminate stagnation in the bile duct, stimulate intestinal peristalsis with constipation, stabilize the acid-base balance, eliminate heartburn.
- Healing and rejuvenating effect on the skin, hair, nails due to a significant presence in the fatty acids.
- Useful properties of fried seeds are caused by high caloric content and high content of magnesium. They optimize the mineralization of the bone system. With heavy physical exertion, the seeds perfectly strengthen and build up the muscle tissue of the body. In this case, brings a significant benefit kozinak from sunflower seeds.
- It is useful to massage finger pads with manual cleaning of seeds, it has a calming effect, helps to relieve tension, because this area is rich in nerve endings. The process of luzgan has an anti-anxiety effect, removes irritability, stressful condition.
- Sunflower seeds are used in many diets for weight loss. This is due to their ability to activate the metabolic process. The use and harm of sunflower seeds in a diet is determined by their rational use. To get rid of excess weight it is recommended to combine them with intense physical exertion.
- Positive effect on the female reproductive system due to the content in the composition of magnesium, selenium, iron. This is due to the benefits of sunflower seeds during pregnancy. During menopause, they improve general condition and relieve symptoms.
- Seeds are beneficial not only to women, but also to men, having a positive effect on potency.
- Sunflower oil obtained from purified seeds is used for therapy of thrombophlebitis, digestive tract and respiratory diseases, in cosmetology.
- High content of selenium helps to protect against cancer.
- The use and harm of sunflower seeds for children depends on the type and amount of the product. A significant amount of calcium strengthens bones and teeth. A useful and delicious treat in this case can serve as a kozinak.
How to choose
Useful properties and taste of sunflower seeds depend on their freshness and quality. Therefore, when choosing a product, it is advisable to follow certain rules:
- It is preferable to choose the product in the skin. The benefits and harm of sunflower seeds peeled directly depend on their freshness. Some time the lain product quickly loses its useful qualities and becomes harmful, since without the husks there is oxidation of fats, and they become dangerous for the human body. Stale and rancid peeled seeds often have a yellowish tinge.
- It is advisable to pay attention to the date of packaging the goods. In the product collected and packaged in autumn, the content of useful substances is much higher than in the spring seed.
- Sunflower seeds are better to buy on the market by weight. In doing so, you need to make sure that the raw materials are stored sheltered. From the purchase of goods in packages, especially from fried and salted, should be discarded.
How to use
The use of sunflower seeds depends to a large extent on the form in which they are used.
- It is better to keep your medicinal qualities fresh and dried product. For drying it is convenient to use a microwave or an oven. The shorter the time the heat treatment takes place, the better for preserving the useful composition of the product.
- For the purpose of healing, rejuvenating the skin and body, the benefits and harms of sunflower seeds for women depend on their kind. In this case, raw or dried seeds are preferable, since they retain the maximum amount of nutrients.
- The benefits and harms of sunflower seeds for men are determined by the purpose of consumption. To build and strengthen muscle mass, it is recommended to give preference to fried seeds. However, for certain diseases( diabetes, atherosclerosis and others), it is advisable to limit the amount of the dried product.
- Peeled sunflower seeds are usually eaten in large quantities, and their high caloric value should be taken into account. This type of product produces sunflower oil, which has a set of useful properties.
- The benefits and harms of white sunflower seeds are due to the same factors as ordinary blacks. The curative composition of them is the same. The use of white seeds is preferable from the point of view of comfort: they are easier to clean, do not spoil your fingers. Perhaps their long-term storage without loss of useful composition.
- The acceptable daily intake rate of seeds is not more than 100 grams. But because of their high caloric content and in the presence of contraindications( diabetes, high cholesterol), it is desirable to limit to 20 grams of the product.
How to store
Sunflower seeds are quite demanding for storage conditions. At an elevated ambient temperature, the product quickly loses useful properties due to the occurrence of oxidative reactions.
Optimal storage conditions should not exceed +10 degrees( preferably from 0 to +8 degrees), the seed moisture level is not higher than 20%.To preserve the quality of the seeds should be stored in the refrigerator.
Buy is preferable to the product in small volumes( up to half a kilogram).It is desirable to dry them immediately.
In the finished form, sunflower seeds retain freshness for several weeks. In the refrigerator, the storage time is 3 months, while the packaging should be sealed, in the freezer the period increases to six months.
Ways of using
The composition of seeds saturated with nutrients allows them to be used for various purposes. They are used as a part of folk methods for combating diseases, as cosmetology, in cooking.to contents ^
For medicinal purposes
The benefits and harm of decoction from sunflower seeds and other products containing this product is determined based on the purpose of its use, contraindications, individual tolerability. Before using, it is advisable to consult a doctor.to table of contents ^
With atherosclerosis and increased pressure
For the treatment of disease it is preferable to choose unripened seeds( 500 grams).It should be boiled in 2 liters of water a couple of hours. Broth is received in small amounts during the day. The course of treatment lasts 14 days. After a break of 5 days, then the therapy is resumed. The course of therapy is carried out until the pressure values stabilize.to the table of contents ^
In case of sleep disorders, it is recommended to drink 1 cup of fresh, dried or slightly fried seeds.to contents ^
With bronchitis has a curative effect of decoction. For its preparation, 2-3 tablespoons of sunflower seeds are poured into half a liter of sweetened water. The broth boils until one part of the liquid evaporates. Then the solution is filtered and taken three times a day for 1 tablespoon.to table of contents ^
From the lock
In this case, effective use of sunflower oil. Take it should be 1 tablespoon in the morning for half an hour before meals.to table of contents ^
The warmed sunflower oil is rubbed into the diseased parts of the body before going to bed for 2 weeks.to the table of contents ^
For cosmetic purposes
There are many cosmetic products, which include seeds: masks for hair and face, scrubs. They contribute to the removal of dead skin layers, renew and nourish it.to the table of contents ^
The crushed peeled seeds are mixed with sour cream in equal proportions. After that, the mass is applied to the face for 30 minutes. The skin after the mask becomes velvety and smooth.to the table of contents ^
From the fragility of nails
Sunflower oil is used to strengthen the nail plate.2 tablespoons oil mixed with 3 drops of iodine and 5 drops of vitamins A and B. This solution drops fingers for a quarter of an hour. Duration of treatment 2 weeks.to the table of contents ^
To obtain the product, it is necessary to grind the purified sunflower seeds into a fine crumb with the help of a grinder. A tablespoon of powder from seeds to mix with several teaspoons of distilled water until a homogeneous mixture is formed. Scrub rub into the skin of the face and neck, then wash with warm water.to the table of contents ^
For culinary purposes,
Sunflower seeds give a piquant taste to baking, often added to prepared dishes, can be used as flour, replacing wheat.to contents ^
To chop a slice of white cabbage( the size of a palm), half a red onion, 1 sweet pepper, 1 apple, a bunch of parsley. Mix all the ingredients. Tin a tablespoon of seeds and peel 20 minutes in a frying pan, then add to the salad.
In a pepper mill, grind a pinch of coriander, cumin, pepper seeds with a pea. The resulting seasoning and a pinch of turmeric is added to the rest of the ingredients. Salad and season with vegetable oil.to contents ^
Heat 3 tablespoons of sugar and 1 tablespoon of honey over low heat until a uniform composition is obtained. After that, add 200 grams of peeled seeds, mix thoroughly. Next, put the mixture on foil( thickness of 1 cm layer) and divide into strips. The product is ready for use after full cooling.to the table of contents ^
Dessert with oatmeal
1 jam is prepared from 1 nectarine. To do this, it is cut into small slices and cooked with the addition of a small amount of water to a puree state. Then oatmeal is prepared from 4 tablespoons of oatmeal, 1 glass of milk, 1 teaspoon of sugar. The dessert is laid out in a glass in layers: first porridge, then jam, the top layer - peeled sunflower seeds( 10 grams).to contents ^
Harm and contraindications
Moderate consumption of sunflower seeds has a beneficial effect on health. However, in some cases, this product can cause harm to the body and be contraindicated.
- The benefits, harms and calories of sunflower seeds are determined by the amount of the product. In half a glass of seed contains 375 calories, unlimited consumption of them contributes to a set of excess weight, the deposition of fats.
- The salty product has a significant amount of sodium in the composition, which causes an increase in pressure, heart disease.
- Do not take the seeds in large quantities in diabetes due to high calorie. From fried and refined should also be discarded.
- When frying seeds on oil, they form carcinogens due to the oxidation of fats. The use of such a product is harmful to health.
- When choosing a ready-made, packaged product in its composition, a hazardous substance - cadmium can be present, with accumulation causing pathological processes in the body.