Pearl barley is famous in many countries, but it has gained popularity in Russia. Many scold the pearl barley for lack of pronounced taste, but with the right spices and additional ingredients, excellent dishes are obtained from it. Experimenting with various ways of
preparation, you can get nutritious dishes with the content of vitamins and nutrients.
- chemical composition
- Types cereals
- Useful properties
- How to cook
- In a saucepan
- In multivarka
- dishes Mushroom soup
- Barley porridge with meat
- harm and contraindications
Pearl barley has the following chemical composition:
- vitamins of group B( B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6 and B9), A, E, K;
When losing weight, groats will be useful high protein: 9.3 grams per 100 grams of dry product. Fat in this quantity of barley contains 1.1 grams, and carbohydrates - 73.7 grams.to contents ^
Types of cereals
Pearl barley is a processed barley. Depending on the manipulation of the grain in the production, 3 kinds of cereals are distinguished:
- Perlovka is a peeled barley. The whole pearl barley is added to soups, making side dishes and cereals with vegetable and meat additives. It perfectly retains its shape and does not boil even over a long cooking time.
- Holland - has the shape of a ball, as the outer parts of the grain are ground. Dutch has a shorter cooking time, is used for garnishes.
- A yawn or a barley cereal , is a crushed barley. Yachku often cooked in milk, it is great for baby food.
You can also grow a pearl barley and make flour from it.to contents ^
Pearl barley is widespread not only because of its low cost, but also in its rich chemical composition. Porridge from this product can bring a lot of benefit to the body, if you regularly eat it.
The main useful properties of pearl barley are the following:
- Elimination of unpleasant symptoms in the treatment of ulcers and gastritis;
- Relieving the condition of a patient with diabetes mellitus( the benefit and harm of barley in diabetics are well studied by doctors, regular use of cereals relieves severe attacks);
- Helps the body in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the liver and kidneys( the benefits and harm of the pearl barley for the liver are due to the high content of B vitamins);
- Improving bowel function, fighting with constipation;
- Saturation in small portions of porridge due to the high protein content( the use and harm of the sperm for weight loss are checked by dieticians and many athletes);
- Participation in the normalization of cholesterol;
- Improved immunity( the main benefit of pearl barley for children with poor health);
- Increased lactation with problems with breastfeeding;
- Accelerating the production of collagen, maintaining the elasticity of the skin( this is the special benefit of the pearl barley for the woman's body, many facial care preparations are prepared from it);
- Help with problems with potency, increased male libido, however, the benefits of pearl bar for men can be seen only with prolonged use of the product for food;
- Improvement of the general well-being of a woman during menopause;
- The use of pearl barley in pregnancy is that one serving of porridge a day will allow you to get the necessary nutrients in sufficient quantities, as well as to avoid problems with constipation that occur during hormonal restructuring.
- The benefit of a sprouted barley is that it helps the body to quickly come into shape after the illness, get the necessary B vitamins, prevent the occurrence of cancer.
- The use of flour from pearl barley is the same as that of ordinary porridge. It has a good tackiness, so it is often used in baking slimming in a mixture with rye or wheat.
How to cook
Cooking pearl barley depends on its kind and how it will do. Traditionally, the porridge was cooked in a cast-iron pot in the oven, then pots and plates were used, now many people use the multivar.to contents ^
In the saucepan
When boiling pearl barley, you should use a measuring container to accurately observe all proportions. Before cooking the croup is thoroughly washed under the tap until the water ceases to be cloudy.
To prepare the porridge in a saucepan, add 2.5 parts of water to 1 part of the pearl bar. The groats are poured with liquid, put on medium heat and boiled for about 90-100 minutes until ready. With such proportions, the porridge turns out to be crumbly.
You can pre-soak the grains in advance to speed up the cooking process. For example, in the evening rinse the rump, pour it in the specified proportions with water and leave for half a day, and then cook for no more than half an hour. If a person wants to weld a pearl barley on milk, then the liquid takes at least 3 parts.
When a Dutchman or a yacht is cooked, the proportions are kept the same, only the cooking time changes. The smaller the groats, the less it should be cooked, so it is necessary to soak solely large pearl barley.
In the multi-machine
When cooking porridge in a multivarque groats are prepared in the same way as in the recipe described above. In this case, only the proportions change: pearl barley and water are taken in equal amounts. Since the multivark is closed with a tight lid and practically does not allow the steam to come out, more liquid will make pearl gruel viscous, rather than crumbly.
Prepare the groats in the "Kasha" mode for an hour. The exact time depends on the weight of the cereals and the model of the multivark. You can experiment and add something new to the groats each time: carrots, onions, mushrooms, meat. So it will not just be a fragrant side dish, but a completely independent dish.to the table of contents ^
Recipes of dishesto the table of contents ^
- pearl barley - 1 glass;
- dried forest mushrooms - 50 grams;
- carrots and onions - 1 piece;
- potatoes - 2 pieces;
- spices - to taste;
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon.
Mushrooms pre-soak in water for 4-5 hours, then rinse under a tap to remove sand. Wash the pearl barley and soak for at least 3 hours.
Mushrooms and rump to send in a pan, add the spices and pour the water to the brim, simmer for 15 minutes. Then cut into cubes potatoes and send to the broth.
In a frying pan make a roast: add the finely chopped onions to the vegetable oil and grate the carrots on a large grater. After 3-5 minutes, send the roast in a saucepan. When the potatoes are cooked, remove the pot from the heat and let the soup infuse for 10 minutes under the lid.to contents ^
- pearl barley - 200 grams;
- beef - 350 grams;
- pickled cucumbers and potatoes raw - 3 pieces each;Carrots and bulbs of
- - 1 piece each;
- tomato paste and vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon each;
- sour cream - to taste for decoration before serving;
- spices and fresh herbs - to taste;
- water - 3-4 liters.
The meat is cut into large pieces, sent to a saucepan and poured with water. At once it is possible to add spices and a bay leaf. Boil broth for an hour over medium heat, periodically taking off the foam. Then strain, meat to postpone.
Pear croup separately boil until cooked, to make it crumbly: in a multivark in the proportions of 1: 1 to water, in a saucepan 1: 2.5.
Carrots with onion fry in a frying pan, add tomato paste and lightly fry.
Cut into cubes potatoes, finely crumble pickled cucumbers.
Broth to return to the stove, bring to a boil and put potatoes into it. When it is boiled, add meat, pearl barley, roast, cucumber. Leave the soup for about 20 minutes, so that the broth soaked in the aroma of all the ingredients.
Serve rassolnik with a spoon of sour cream, sprinkle with chopped greens.
If desired, you can not cook meat broth, and use vegetable from celery and bulbs.to contents ^
Pear sauce with meat
- pearl barley - 1 glass;
- water - 2 cups for multivark, 3 cups for a plate;
- pork or beef - 200 grams;
- Carrots and onions - 1 piece each;
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon;
- salt and black pepper to taste.
Wash the peel, pour into cool water and leave while meat is being cooked.
In a bowl of multivarks or a saucepan fry pieces of meat on the oil until a crust is formed. Grate the carrots and finely chop the onion, send to the meat and keep for 5 minutes. Then add the pearl bar with water and spices. In the multivarquet, the dish is cooked for 45 minutes on the "Plov" mode, on the stove for about an hour, without opening the lid, but stirring occasionally.to table of contents ^
Harm and contraindications
Pearl barley has only one contraindication: it can not be eaten with gluten intolerance. Barley, from which the pearl barley is produced, is a cereal plant that is banned in celiac disease. The rest can eat 200-300 grams of pearl barley in a dry equivalent during the day and not be afraid of possible consequences.
Be careful only with barley flour, as in large quantities it has a high caloric value. The benefits and harm of the pearl barley in this form are delineated by the size of the portion in the daily ration.