Pickled and pickled cucumbers - welcome guests on the winter table. Usually, small and medium-sized cucumbers are used to prepare such blanks. But often it happens that cucumbers in the garden are overripe. They became large, almost with zucchini, and turned yellow.
If they turned out to be a large number, then throw very sorry. But this is not necessary! You can prepare overgrown cucumbers for the winter. Of course, the billets will not turn out to be as tasty as from selected fruits, but they will also please you on cold winter evenings.
How to do this? After all, in the neck of the can they can not fit. In addition, they have thick tough skins and large seeds. Therefore, most of the overgrown cucumbers are preparing for the winter, a variety of salads. But not only. They can be salted, marinated, and sour.
- Properties preform overgrown cucumbers
- Salting overgrown cucumbers
- Fermentation overgrown cucumbers
- Pickling overgrown cucumbers
- Overgrown cucumbers Korean
- salad overgrown cucumbers
- How to store blanks from overgrown cucumber
Properties preform overgrown
- cucumber Yellowing cucumbers with thick and stiffpeel should be cleaned before cooking.
- If overgrown cucumbers have very large seeds, it is better to use recipes that use sliced cucumbers. Then, before cutting, the seeds are best removed.
- For cucumbers that are very bitter, it is better to use recipes using mustard. She will disguise the bitterness.
- To billets from overripe cucumbers better kept, you can add vinegar to them.
Salting overgrown cucumbers
To pickle overgrown cucumbers for the winter, it will not take long or a lot of ingredients. It is enough to have cucumbers and salt at hand. Cucumber bay pickle, you will get an excellent snack, which many will like.
When pickling cucumbers need to be cut large enough. The form of slicing can be different: circles, brusochki, straw. Such cucumbers perfectly suited both as an independent snack, and as an ingredient for the preparation of pickles and vinaigrettes.
Recipe for salted overgrown cucumbers:
- First carefully wash and sterilize the jars.
- In each jar put 5 rings of chopped red hot pepper, currant and cherry leaves, as well as a small piece of horseradish root. You can add 4-5 small cloves of garlic entirely.
- Place in the jar large chopped cucumbers, peeled and seeded. On top of cucumbers put pepper, cherry and currant leaves, horseradish root, garlic.
- Prepare brine by dissolving salt in boiling water( 3 tablespoons per 1 liter).Pour it into jars and cover with a towel.
- Soak cucumbers in a dark place for about 8 hours, and then cap them.
Fermentation of overgrown cucumbers
Sour cucumbers are a fairly common snack, which is excellent for potatoes and meat dishes. Plus this method is that there is no need for sterilization, cooking marinade.
The essence of the fermentation of overgrown cucumbers is that the cucumber, washed from the skin and seeds, is cut into large plates, and then laid in layers, pouring a mixture of salt, sugar and spices. In the end, pour a little vinegar, in order to extend the shelf life of cucumbers.
Then oppression is put on top and left for two days. Then go down to the cellar or put in another cool place.
In addition to the fact that overgrown cucumbers themselves can be fermented, they can be used as an ingredient for cooking cucumbers, sour in their own juice. For this, cucumber of medium size and grated cucumber( without skin and seeds) are laid in a layer in a jar. You can add greens. Cucumbers put under oppression. The cucumbers are quenched by lactic fermentation.
Marinating overgrown cucumbers
For those who like pickled cucumbers, there is the possibility of pickling and overgrown cucumbers. Unfortunately, they can not be marinated completely. But cut into circles or cubes, it is quite possible. In addition, you can pickle overgrown cucumbers with or without skin. Recipe for pickled overgrown cucumbers with mustard:
- Take 3 kg of overripe cucumbers and wash. Then peel and cut into cubes of medium size.
- Prepare the marinade. Mix 200 ml of vegetable oil and table vinegar. In the resulting mixture, dissolve the salt( 3 tablespoons) and sugar( 200 g).Then add black pepper, chopped garlic( two medium heads) and mustard powder( 2 tablespoons).
- The resulting marinade pour into a container with cucumbers, soak until the juice is released( about 2 hours).
- While cucumbers are insisted, wash and sterilize the jars.
- Put cucumbers in sterile liter jars, pour over marinade. Then sterilize them for at least 15 minutes. At the end of the sterilization, cap the jars with covers and wrap the blanket in an inverted position.
Recipe for marinated overgrown cucumber in circles( with skin):
- Prepare overgrown cucumbers as much as it enters a half-liter jar. Wash them, cut off the tips.
- In a sterile jar, place 2 sprigs of dill, 1/3 of the carrot, cut into slices, and a little garlic.
- Fill the jar with cucumbers, which previously cut into slices with the skin.
- On top of the cucumber again put a sprig of dill, carrots and garlic.
- In each half-liter jar, pour in salt( 1 tsp), sugar( 1 tablespoon) and pour 1 tablespoon of vinegar and deodorized vegetable oil.
- Pour the cucumbers with chilled boiled water. Sterilize the jars for a quarter of an hour. Seal with sterile lids.
Overgrown cucumbers in Korean
Salads cooked in Korean have a very original taste, which is sharp and piquant. They often include garlic, coriander and vinegar. Using these ingredients, you can prepare a salad in Korean from any product, including from overgrown cucumbers.
Recipe for overgrown cucumbers in Korean:
- Wash, brush 500-600 g of carrots and grate on Korean grater.
- Then prepare 2 kg of overripe cucumbers. Wash them and, if the skin is too thick and hard, peel the cucumbers from it. Then remove the seeds, cut the cucumbers into large lobules.
- Place a cucumber and carrot in a suitable container.
- There also pour half a glass of table vinegar and vegetable oil, chopped garlic( 4-5 denticles), salt( 50 g), sugar( 0.5 cups) and half a pack of carrot seasoning in Korean.
- Stir all the ingredients and leave in a bowl.
- After 4 hours, spread the salad over the jars, cover and sterilize for 10-15 minutes. Then, close the jars and turn them upside down.
Salad from overgrown cucumbers
Overgrown cucumbers can not only be sour, salt and marinate. Adding other vegetables, you can prepare an excellent salad, which is perfect as a snack, and can also act as a vegetable garnish.
Recipe for salad from overgrown cucumbers:
- Overgrown cucumber( 10 pieces), peel and cut into small pieces.
- Extinguish cucumbers in a frying pan with preheated oil until transparent.
- Add to the cucumber a diced onion, grated carrots( 1 pc.) And chopped lettuce( 2 pcs.)
- Stew the vegetables together for 25 minutes, then place the diced tomatoes( 3-4 pcs.) Into the frying pan..Put the whole together for another 10 minutes.
- Add a little salt, sugar and black pepper to your liking.
- Stew the salad for another 5 minutes and can be stored in sterilized cans.
How to store billets from overgrown cucumbers
Billets from overgrown cucumbers that have been sterilized should be stored in a cool place without access to direct sunlight. Although they are perfectly stored and at room temperature. But pickled cucumbers and salads, which are not sterilized, should be stored strictly in a cold place. It can be a cellar or a cellar. If not available, you can store it in the refrigerator.
Now you do not have to throw out overgrown cucumbers. With a little effort and spending some time, you can cook from them such delicious blanks for the winter that you lick your fingers!