In mid-July, one of the most delicious and healthy berries ripe under the name of Irga. Dark blue, with a sweet, honeyy taste, it has a beneficial effect on the work of the whole organism. The use of irgi will strengthen immunity, reduce blood pressure, have a mild sedative effect and improve digestion. In the summer it is better to eat it fresh, but if you properly prepare the Irgu for the winter, you can get a charge of vitamins and nutrients at any time of the year.
- Methods blank irgi the winter
- jam irgi
- compote and juice
- paste of irgi
- Saskatoon in its own juices without sugar
- Kvass from irgi
- Other harvesting
workpiece from the fruitsIrgi can be cooked for the winter delicious dishes - jam, compote, juice, jam and much more. In addition, the berries can be dried or frozen, which will preserve the maximum useful properties of the fruit.
Jam from jirga
There are a lot of recipes for jam making, it is cooked with the addition of fruits, citrus and other berries, everyone finds a combination to their taste by samples and experiments.
To prepare the simplest jam, you will need only 3 ingredients - the berry itself, water and granulated sugar. For 1 kg irgi you will need the same amount of sugar and 300 ml of pure water.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- berries sort out, remove spoiled specimens, rinse well, get rid of dust and debris;
- in a separate pan;
- in another saucepan bring the water to a boil, add sugar and cook, without stopping stirring, until the grains of sugar dissolve;
- pour more boiling sweet berries liquid and cook for 5 minutes, all the while stirring the mass;
- switch off the cooker and cool the berry mixture;
- repeat the process 3 times;
- jam pour over pre-prepared glass containers. Jam, cooked in this way, can be sugared, so it is recommended to add a pinch of citric acid at the end of cooking or use the recipe below.
Jam of leavon and lemon
- 1,5 kg irgi;
- 700 grams of granulated sugar;
- 1 cup of water;
- 1 medium-sized lemon.
- Cleaned berries in a cooking bowl, preferably in a wide enamel bowl with low sides.
- Pour in water and put on fire until boiling.
- Reduce fire to medium, cover the bowl and cook for half an hour, watching to ensure that the mass is not burnt.
- After the above time, add sugar to the irge and cook for another 30 minutes without a lid, constantly mixing berries.
- Lemon is well washed and passed through a meat grinder along with the peel. You can use a blender or cut into pieces with a knife, but then they will be felt in the prepared jam.
- Cooking while the mass does not thicken. Check the readiness is simple - you need to drip a drop of jam on a saucer, if it does not spread, the jam is ready.
Jam differs from jam with a thicker consistency, but it is also prepared simply:
- , pure ripe berries are mildly mashed with a spoon and covered with sugar;
- is left for 2-3 hours, and the irca will have time to soak up the sugar and let the juice go;
- then the berry mass is sent to the stove and cooked until thick;
- 5 minutes before the end, add a couple of grams of citric acid;
- is stored in a sealed, sterilized jar of small volume.
Compote and juice
To prepare a compote, you must choose slightly immature fruit. They blanched, laid out on cans and poured sugar syrup. Banks with compote are sterilized and rolled up.
Irgi juice is prepared according to another technology: the berries are pre-ground and often prepared with the addition of other berries, for example, currants. Recipe: sour juice from the
It will take:
- 1 kg of berries;
- 0,5 kg of currant;
- 350 grams of sugar.
Method of preparation:
- To enhance the aroma and juiciness, the berries are spread thinly on a flat surface and kept in a cool room, such as a basement or pantry, for a week. However, this is not an obligatory step.
- They are then blanched and passed through a juicer. If there is no such device in the kitchen, you can wipe the berries and squeeze the juice through the cheesecloth.
- Add sugar to the juice and heat on a low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Distribute to sterilized jars, roll up with covers.
Frozen berries of irgi retain their benefits and taste to the maximum. Frozen product is further used for making compotes, baking stuffs and various berry desserts.
The freezing process is as follows:
- the berries are picked, the stems are removed, washed and dried;
- is laid out in one row on a flat surface, for example, a tray or a tray;
- is placed in the freezer for 2 hours;
- is then spread out in small portions over packages or containers;
- is stored in the freezer.
From Berries Irgi you get very delicious raisins, which can compete with grape according to its taste qualities. It can be used as a useful snack and added to sweet pastries, compotes.
- The berries are spread on a flat surface and dried in the sun or in the oven at 60-70 degrees.
- Clean a large wooden, cardboard or plastic container and dry it well.
- Bottom the floor with clean paper.
- Put the dried berries and sprinkle them with sugar.
- Cover with a clean cloth and put a heavy press on top.
Pastille made of sirloin
Another delicacy, which is obtained by the drying method.
- 1 kg of irgi;
- oil for greasing;
- 300 grams of sugar.
- The berries are blanched and grinded.
- Add sugar.
- Distribute a thin layer( 10 mm) on the parchment, which must be pre-oiled.
- Dry at 50 degrees, but do not close the oven door.
- Finished pastille does not stick to the hands.
- The delicacy is folded with a roll and wrapped in a clean cloth.
Irga in its own juice without sugar
This is one of the easiest ways to keep berries for the winter. Method of preparation:
- Pure dry berries should be spread over cans.
- Add boiling water.
- Add citric acid( 2 grams per liter of liquid).
- Banks sterilize and cork.
Kvass from irgi
This drink is considered curative: it is used for hypertension, but you can drink it and just as a useful preventative.
- 1 kg of irgi;
- 10 liters of clean water;
- 30 grams of yeast;
- 2 cups of honey.
- Wipe the berries, pour in water, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Cool and drain the broth.
- Add to liquid honey, yeast and leave to ferment for 12 hours.
- Spread on bottles.
From ergy you can prepare not only sweet drinks, but also excellent home-made wine, tinctures, liquor. Strong drinks are pleasant taste and with moderate use will not harm the body.
To prepare the liquor, the berries are spread out to the jar not completely, leaving the place beginning with the "shoulders".Sugar is topped up on top and vodka is poured in. Insist for at least two months in a dark place.
To make wine from irgi, you must first extract the juice from the berries. For 1 liter of juice, take 1 kg of sugar and 2 liters of water.
- Boil the sugar syrup.
- After water and sugar are cooked for 15 minutes, the mixture is poured into berry juice, mixed and distributed in bottles.
- The neck of the bottle is clogged with a stopper.
- When the wine becomes lighter, it is poured into a clean container, tightly closed and left for 90 days until cooked.
- The finished drink is filtered and re-distributed over clean bottles.
In addition to the above-mentioned most popular ways of harvesting, you can prepare berry marmalade, mashed potatoes and syrup for winter from Irga. Any recipe will allow you all the winter to please yourself with a delicious and healthy berry!