Alycha is rich in vitamins and a delicious fruit. The trees of the plum are very fertile. Only one of them can receive up to 100 kg of ripe fruit. And, of course, the harvesting of cherry plums for the winter is very popular.
Methods blank cherry plum:
- Jam Jam
- compote Marinated plums with tomato sauce
This versatile product can be prepared a variety of dishes: jam or marmalade, jams, fruit drinks, and even sauces for meat or fish. The dishes prepared from this fruit will taste even the most capricious gourmets.
Red sugar and sugar contain more pectin than in yellow and prunes. This is the ideal fruit for cooking jam, jam, marmalade or jelly.
Plum from plum
For jam from red plum you will need a minimum of products:
- For 2 kg of plum - 1 kg of granulated sugar.
- If desired, you can add cardamom or cinnamon.
- We sort the ripe fruits, remove the spoiled and moldy ones, mine and add them to the pan. Pour the water so that all the plums are completely covered. We put on the fire and boil for 10-15 minutes. This procedure is necessary in order to easily separate the flesh from unnecessary bones and skins.
- Fill the boiled fruit with cold water, then dry it with a towel and wipe it through a sieve.
- The resulting puree is mixed with sugar and cooked over low heat for 2-3 hours until the jam thickens. In red alycha, sufficient content of natural pectin, so no additional thickeners are required.
- We add cardamom or cinnamon to the taste for a few minutes before full readiness.
- Ready jam is poured into pre-sterilized jars and rolled up with lids. Before the cooling, banks should be placed in a dry place and covered with a warm blanket.
It only remains to wait for a cold winter to warm up with hot tea with a surprisingly tasty dessert.
Jam can be prepared from both red and yellow plum. There are no special differences between recipes with bones and without them, but the jam without pits is kept much longer.
Unbelievably delicious is jam with yellow plum without pits with oranges. To prepare it you will need:
- 2 kg of plums;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 1 kg of oranges.
- My ripe fruit of yellow cherry plum, let's dry. Cut into 4 parts, extract the bones.
- Thoroughly washed oranges are filled with water and cook for 2-3 minutes after boiling. Zedra will give a light citrus flavor to the jam.
- Cut the welded oranges to homogeneity using a blender or meat grinder. The blender will produce a more homogeneous mashed potatoes.
- Mix plums, orange mass and sugar. The mixture is left for 30-40 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- After boiling, cook for 10 minutes and set aside the saucepan.
- When the jam is a little cool, you can pour it over the jars and roll them up. We turn the jars upside down, cover it with something warm and leave it to cool down.
Store the jam in a cool dry place. Then it will definitely live to winter.
A plaster compote
From this wonderful southern plum you can also close various compotes. The cooking process does not differ from the traditional compote from other types of berries and fruits. Use only strong ripe fruit.
Fill sterilized jars to the top with fruits, pour boiling water and let stand for about half an hour. Drain the water in a saucepan, add sugar( kilogram of sugar per kilogram of sink) and bring to a boil. The resulting syrup is filled with fruit and rolled up with lids. Compote obtained sugary taste, before use it should be diluted with water.
Pickled cherry plum with tomatoes
You can cook not only sweet, but also spicy dishes from cherry plums.
It would seem incongruous products - tomatoes and sweet cherry plum. But with the right approach, you will get a unique and very tasty pickle delicacy. Even the beginning chefs will cope with the preparation of pickled plums with tomatoes:
- Choose ripe tomatoes, approximately the same with a plum-sized.
- We wash the dried and dried vegetables and fruits in cans to the brim.
- From above, we lay the sprigs of dill and finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare hot filling: add sugar and salt to the water( 1 liter of water for 1 tablespoon).
- Fill the jars to the brim and close them with lids. For complete confidence in safety, you can merge marinade, boil and refill and then roll up.
You can add a little vinegar to add a sour taste. You can use plums of any color, including immature green. This marinated miracle will serve as an excellent snack to any table.
Tkemali sauce is also made from these fruits. It is an excellent addition to meat or fish. There is nothing difficult in the preparation of this masterpiece of Georgian cuisine.
The set of ingredients for the sauce always remains the same:
- cherry plum 2.5 kg;
- 200 ml of water;
- for 1 tbsp.a bed of sugar and salt;
- spicy chilli to taste;
- garlic - 20 denticles;
- 1 tbsp.a spoon of coriander seeds;
- greens( dill, basil, coriander, mint);
- ground pepper( red or black to choose from).
You can cook the sauce not only for dinner, but also for winter. The winter version has minor differences from the traditional recipe.
Preparation of tkemali for the winter:
- Wash the washed fruits, take out the bones and put them in a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until the juice comes out.
- Fruit to pour out sugar, salt, ground pepper and finely chopped garlic.
- Blend the mixture over low heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the embroidered greens and capsicum.
- Ready sauce pour over cans and close with lids.
For long-term storage, sterilize the jars in any convenient way. The color of the sauce will turn red or yellow, depending on the selected plum. The quantity of products can be adjusted at their discretion, add more pepper or less garlic, you can add seasoning hops-suneli or ucco-suneli, the amount of greenery is also calculated at will.
To keep cherry plum until winter, you do not need to roll it up or boil it, you can dry it. It will be stored for an unlimited amount of time.
A simple recipe for dried plum:
- To begin with, it is necessary to wash the ripe fruit, boil until soft, rub through a sieve.
- The resulting gruel mixture is cooked until it thickens, the main thing is that it does not burn.
- If you add sugar to the mixture, you get a pastille. And you can simply dry it without adding foreign products.
- If there is a dryer for pastille, pour the mixture into a tray in a thin layer and dry for about 24 hours at a temperature of 40 degrees.
- If there is no dryer, you can dry it in the oven at a temperature of 90 degrees. This method is even faster - it will dry out after 7-8 hours. Be sure to open the oven door slightly to allow excess steam.
If the plum is frozen, in winter it is possible to prepare dishes according to the same principle as fresh fruit.
The process of freezing a plum is simple: it is enough to peel the fruits, smooth and whole to wash and completely dry. Then place in the freezer. With bones or without - to whom as more like.
To ensure that whole plums or halves do not stick together during freezing, it is advisable to slightly freeze them separately, and only then decompose into packages or containers. When freezing in cherry plum, more vitamins are retained than with any other method of harvesting it for the winter.
It would seem that such a simple fruit - cherry plum. And how versatile is its use in cooking! A huge number of different recipes, and all dishes are unique, very tasty and useful. Having prepared cherry plum for the winter, you can enjoy dishes from this wonderful fruit all year round.