Freezing is one of the most popular ways of harvesting vegetables, fruits, berries, mushrooms and greens. After all, it's nice to enjoy a cold autumn or frosty winter day with fresh raspberries, fragrant fragrances of June with strawberries and like freshly picked dill and parsley! That's just to use frozen food you need to competently.
- Frozen berries and fruits should not be subjected to an emergency defrost( for example, in a microwave oven), otherwise they will lose their taste and appearance. Defrost them for 1-1.5 hours at room temperature. And even better - on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator, it will take 6-8 hours.
- If you want to cook a compote of frozen fruit or fruit juice from berries, do not unfreeze them, but immediately put them in a pot of boiling water. The same applies to mushrooms: they are frozen cooked, which means you can not thaw in the future soup.
- Frozen greens are placed in dishes only when they are ready and removed from the plate.
- It is most convenient to freeze products portion by piece. Calculate how many berries you need for pie or cooking compote, mushrooms - for frying or soup( that is, for one cooking), and freeze such portions in separate packages.
- If electricity is cut off in your house, do not worry and do not get frozen food from the freezer: for another five hours they can be there without risk of deterioration.
A small culinary secret
You will be surprised, but cucumbers and tomatoes can also be frozen! This is usually done with substandard vegetables that can not be rolled into cans.
With tomatoes, remove the cuticle, cut the flesh into slices, place on a board or tray in one layer and send to the freezer. When the vegetables are cold, we pack by sachets or containers and use it in winter to make pizza, sauce or borsch refueling.
Frozen cucumbers can be used in the cold season for cooking okroshki. They need to be washed, cut into cubes and packed.
Important rule: do not defrost the cucumbers( otherwise they will turn into porridge), and immediately put in ready-made okroshka.
You can freeze zucchini to prepare stew in winter. For this, the pulp of zucchini is rubbed on a large grater, squeezed out the juice and packaged in a suitable container.