In the struggle for a beautiful figure and ideal proportions in the course go any means, including tablets that reduce appetite, or anorectics. Their effectiveness has long been proven, so these funds are often included in a comprehensive weight loss course. In this case, the complex must necessarily include physical activity, as well as correction of nutrition, otherwise blunting appetite with medicinal forms will not bring the expected result.
- Principle of operation
- List of
- Side effects of
For the purposes of weight loss, both medical preparations and biologically active food additives( BAA) are used. The effectiveness of the first group of tablets is much higher, but they can have side effects and have a larger list of contraindications. Additives to reduce appetite are sold in pharmacies without prescriptions, have fewer side effects, but also less effectiveness.
Principle of action
Suppressing appetite plays an important role in the process of losing weight because it positively affects the emotional and psychological state of the losing weight. That is, at the sight of the desired or forbidden food a person does not experience unpleasant feelings and struggles with himself less. Such drugs provide a relatively easy stay on the diet, do not give up, help after it for some time to enter a new rhythm and not return only the dropped weight.
Most often, the standard course of taking pills to reduce appetite lasts a month, after which you need to make a one-month break before continuing the treatment. It is important to understand that anorectics do not work with a particular problem of excess weight, that is, they do not destroy fats, but with its causes - overeating and improper diet.
Generally, preparations containing this substance are prescription and are used to treat obesity with a body mass index of over 30 kg / m2 if all non-drug treatments did not result in more than 5 kg in 3 months. It is allowed to be used with a BMI of 27 if the patient has obesity-related diseases: hypertension, type II diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, dyslipoproteinemia, etc.
More commonly available are dietary supplements that contain substances such as:
- microcrystalline cellulose, the main principle of which is swelling in the stomach and creating the effect of fullness and satiety;
- chromium compounds, which stabilize blood sugar level and reduce craving for food and sweet in particular;
- vegetable extracts and oils that reduce hunger.
- Microcrystalline cellulose( MCC) - one of the most sparing and popular drugs for reducing appetite. In parallel to creating a feeling of satiety, it helps to cleanse the intestines from toxins and slag like a sorbent. Contraindications and side effects are not present, except for the individual intolerance of the component. Special note when taking - use at least 2 liters of clean water a day. The course of treatment is 3-4 weeks.
- Chromium picolinate( Fat-X analogs, Ironman Chromium picolinate) - to regulate the level of insulin in the blood and reduce cravings for sweets.
- Turboslim "Control of appetite" - a drug from a series of dietary supplements for weight loss from the company "Evalar".Contains in the bulk of the natural components: inulin( natural polysaccharide, prolongs the feeling of satiety, stimulates the exchange of fats);extract hoodia gordonii( extract from the South African cactus, which suppresses the feeling of hunger and thirst, gives a tonic effect);L-carnitine( for splitting fats and raising the tone) and chromium picolinate.
- Garcinia Forte is another anorektik from the company "Evalar".It consists of: an extract of Cambodian garcinia( contains hydroxyl ammonium acid to enhance metabolism and purification from slags, pectin to reduce the feeling of hunger);vitamin C, chromium picolinate, algae extract of kelp and fucus. The drug effectively suppresses cravings for sweets and flour.
- Liprina is an anorektik on plant components, contains hordia extract of gordonium, chromium picolinate, vitamins B1 and B6.In addition to reducing the feeling of hunger, it enhances and improves fat and protein metabolism.
- Sibutramine( analogues of Goldline, Lindax, Meridia, Obustat, Reduxin, Reductil, Redus, Sibutrex, Sibutrim, Slimex, Slimia).Is a serious drug for the treatment of obesity solely for the purpose and under the supervision of a doctor. This active substance is prohibited for use in Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States because of its health hazards, clearly exceeding the benefits, and in Russia listed in the list of potent and toxic substances.
- LiDa( DaLi, LiDa, Dali, DaiDaiHua) is the most controversial anorexic drug. Initially, the additive was positioned as a 100% multi-component herbal preparation with high efficiency and complete safety. After the clinical studies it was found out that Lida contains an undeclared component - sibutramine, which explained its effectiveness, as well as a lot of side effects and complications with health. As a result, the drug was banned from being distributed to the Russian Federation. Currently, in Russia, the Lida additive, which includes L-carnitine in place of sibutramine and plant components, has been approved for sale.
General contraindications for almost all anorectics:
- pregnancy and lactation period;
- age is 18 and over 65 years;
- individual intolerance of drug components;
- acute diseases of the alimentary canal.
Among the special contraindications for the use of sibutramine and the like substances are:
- Renal, hepatic or heart failure.
- Anorexia nervosa or bulimia nervosa in the anamnesis.
- Ischemic heart disease, arrhythmia, tachycardia, stroke.
- Obesity associated with hormonal disorders.
- High blood pressure.
- Neuropsychiatric diseases.
- Reception of psychotropic drugs.
Side effects of
Any drug for weight loss has certain side effects, and in dosage forms as opposed to dietary supplements, they are stated much more. For this reason, strong drugs are appropriate for the treatment of severe forms of obesity and are less commonly used in the normal diet to eliminate excess 2-5 kg.
Among the noted side effects when taking drugs with the content of sibutramine are called:
- Failures in the endocrine system of varying severity.
- Neuroses, anxiety.
- Sleep disorders, insomnia. Dizziness, headaches, loss of consciousness.
- Disorders in the functioning of the digestive tract( diarrhea or constipation, nausea).
- Increased blood pressure, heart rate.
- Dry mouth.
- Change in taste sensations.
- "Narcotic" dependence on drugs.
- Erectile dysfunction.
Among other consequences, when taking dietary supplements are called:
- Exacerbation of gastrointestinal diseases.
- Nervous excitability.
It is also important to understand that dietary supplements are not a medicine, but not because their effectiveness is inadequate. It is rather in the commercial interests of manufacturers to create, clinically test and bring to market a much simpler product that falls less under the rules of pharmaceutical control. That is, it is quite possible that the advertised novelty against appetite simply did not pass the necessary long-term comprehensive research, and therefore does not have in the instructions a complete list of contraindications and proven side effects.