Recently, people are more and more worried about the problem of healthy, maximally natural and healthy food. Many refuse from the products of wheat flour, since they are very caloric. But than to replace it? To help come not only the widely known rye, buckwheat, flaxseed, but also such a rare species as amaranth. Learning how to properly take amaranth flour without harm and benefit to the body, you can safely include it in your diet.
- Properties and chemical composition of
- Use of
- Application of
- cooking In cosmetology
- For weight loss
- For children
- In pregnancy
Properties and chemical composition
Amaranth flour has a unique composition and high biological value. It is produced from the seeds of a useful plant. A distinctive feature of this product is a high protein content of about 15 grams per 100 grams of flour. Thanks to this, 100 grams of the product can half cover the human need for vegetable protein. That's why it's so important to include vegetarians and fasting people in your diet.
There are other factors that indicate the exceptional value of amaranth flour:
- Amaranth flour is rich in polyunsaturated fats, including Omega-6 and Omega-3, fiber and a whole complex of vitamins and minerals. Especially in this flour vitamins A and E, as well as iron, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, copper and magnesium.
- Lysine, which is in the composition, takes part in the synthesis of antibodies and hormones, the process of hematopoiesis and the work of the heart. Also, lysine significantly increases the resistance of the immune system to various diseases.
- Vitamins of group B, as well as A and E have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory effect, improve the functioning of cardiovascular system, promote regeneration of damaged cells, strengthen immunity and make skin, hair and nails more beautiful.
- Amaranth flour protein perfectly covers the body's need for essential amino acids: lysine, tryptophan and methionine. They take part in the process of building all the cells of the body, stimulate the synthesis of collagen, participate in protein and carbohydrate metabolism.
- Amaranth is the most valuable source of the unique squalene substance that prevents the development of malignant tumors, has a rejuvenating effect, normalizes the hormonal balance, while being completely non-toxic and safe in any concentration and dosage.
- Amaranth flour has a lower calorie content than wheat flour. Its nutritional value is 300 kilocalories per 100 grams of product, most of which is carbohydrates.
The use of amaranth flour is undeniable.
Micro and macro elements play a role in the work of the heart, are responsible for building the bone and muscle systems, regulate the synthesis of hemoglobin.
Contained in amaranth flour and plant hormones - phytosterols, which have bactericidal and antimicrobial properties.
The high content of useful substances helps make flour from amaranth an indispensable product for a variety of diseases:
- anemia - amaranth is a source of substances that participate in the process of hemoglobin formation;
- of the gastrointestinal tract - flour helps to normalize the acid-base balance in the gastric juice, accelerate the healing of small wounds in the stomach, stabilize the process of bile excretion in the liver;
- cardiovascular system - squalene and phospholipids reduce the level of bad cholesterol, normalize blood clotting, increase the elasticity of the walls of the vessels, and the macroelements play an important role in contracting the heart muscle;
- of the reproductive system of men and women - useful substances of amaranth flour normalize the level of hormones, and Omega-6 provide an invaluable benefit for the female body and stabilize the menstrual cycle;
- oncological diseases - amaranth detoxifies free radicals, which can cause the formation of malignant tumors.
This product can be used for diabetes and obesity. Fiber, contained in such flour, stabilizes blood sugar, speeds up the production of insulin and improves fat metabolism.
Amaranth flour is very useful, but it turns out that under certain conditions even the most useful product can do harm. Substances from flour in raw form are very poorly digested, so it must be treated thermally.
In addition, in flour sometimes there are toxic products after its production, the effect of which can be neutralized during cooking. Individual intolerance to amaranth seeds is also possible. Therefore, when first used, it is recommended to try a very small amount of the product in order to avoid an allergic reaction.
It is necessary to approach the choice of amaranth flour responsibly, because the composition of this product depends on what benefit it will bring to the body. Therefore it is important to choose the most pure product without any additional additives and take into account possible contraindications.to table of contents ^
Application ofto the table of contents ^
In the cooking of
Amaranth flour is widely used in the preparation of baking and bakery products. They have an unusual nutty taste, airiness and can be stored for a long time in the fresh air. This product helps to bring variety and benefit to the diet. When preparing baking, amaranth flour is usually mixed in half with wheat flour. This method allows you to simplify the cooking process and at the same time preserve the nutty taste. You can try to bake bread from amaranth flour. To do this, the classic version with an oven, and more modern methods with a bread maker or multivarquet, are also suitable. You will need the following ingredients:
- amaranth flour or flakes of it - 100 grams;
- wheat flour - 350 grams;
- bran - 35 grams;
- water - 350 milliliters;
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons;
- yeast dry - 3 teaspoons;
- sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- salt - 1 teaspoon.
Knead the dough and put it in a warm place for three hours. It should increase several times. After that, the dough is put in a prepared baking dish for 30 minutes. When half an hour is over, put the dough in the oven, bake at 200 degrees for about half an hour. Delicious bread with a pleasant nutty flavor is ready.
In addition to baking, flour can be added to meat and fish mincemeat. You can also use amaranth for baby food.to contents ^
The use of flour for the skin is indisputable, because it has a high concentration of vitamins and mineral elements. Amaranth flour in the makeup helps to reduce facial wrinkles, whiten the skin, clean the pores, give a healthy complexion and radiance. It is recommended to use it for tired, age, problem skin. You can use flour as a mask, mixing it with egg, sour cream, avocado pulp, any base oil or pharmacy vitamin A in capsules.
You can apply amaranth flour and in its pure form, gently scrubbing your face and body. Before use, it is necessary to check the agent on a small area of the skin to prevent the risk of a possible allergic reaction.to the table of contents ^
For weight loss
Incorporating amaranth flour into the diet will not help to lose weight quickly, but with regular use it will help to maintain a stable tendency to weight loss.
- Due to the high content of phytonutrients, the body's ability to absorb excess cholesterol when consuming fatty foods is reduced.
- Saturation of flour with fiber allows you to retain a sense of satiety for a long time, which excludes cravings for snacks.
- Flour contains vegetable protein, which promotes fat burning and muscle strengthening, and also increases the production of the hormone suppressing excessive appetite.
- The low salt and fat content is an important factor in dietary nutrition.
Amaranth flour contains a large amount of iron, which is ideal for infants. Stocks of iron in the child's body is enough for the baby's life from birth, but after reaching half a year this amount is reduced, and the child must additionally receive iron with baby food. Moreover, it is advisable to begin to introduce complementary foods from 6 months onwards.
The daily need of babies is about 11 milligrams of iron. One cup of ground amaranth seeds contains up to 15 milligrams of iron. This amount is easily mixed with the usual baby food, so that the child gets enough iron every day.
Clinical trials have shown that the use of amaranth flour for baby food is an effective complementary method in treating children with physical developmental disabilities. Also baby food with amaranth flour stimulates the growth of children and strengthens immunity.to table of contents ^
Due to the high content of vitamin E in amaranth flour, it can be called an absolutely indispensable product for pregnant and lactating women. Vitamin E plays a key role in the development of the fetus during pregnancy - it protects the embryo cells from genetic mutations that can be triggered by the action of toxins, free radicals and harmful radiations. In addition, vitamin E promotes stimulation of lactation and greatly improves the taste and quality of mother's milk.
In addition to vitamin E, amaranth flour contains a huge amount of other vitamins and macro and microelements needed for pregnant women. Virtually the entire complex of minerals and nutrients that women should receive during pregnancy and lactation, is contained in amaranth flour.
Separately, it is worth noting the high content of vegetable protein, which has nutritional properties and is well absorbed, which is especially important for women waiting for the baby, because in this period they have to take a very responsible approach to the choice of nutrition and follow the weight set.