Currently, rapeseed oil is very popular, and contains a lot of useful substances. Previously it was used only in leather, textile and soap industry. And in cooking and folk medicine began to apply quite recently. It has a pleasant taste, and on beneficial properties is superior to other vegetable oils.
Rapeseed oil is made by pressing of a herbaceous plant of rape, which grows in conditions of moderate climate in places with high humidity.
The calorific value of rapeseed oil is about 900 kcal, in it almost 100% of fats, which contain saturated and unsaturated fatty acids. These substances help the normal functioning of the circulatory system, make the walls of the vessels strong and elastic, and also fill the deficiency of linoleic acid.
The composition of rapeseed oil contains such useful substances as:
- vitamin A, which increases immunity and improves vision;
- vitamin D - prevents the development of rickets in children, protects adults from skin diseases;
- vitamin E or tocopherols are antioxidants that prevent the development of cancer cells, protect the body from viruses and bacteria;
- retinol, vitamins B and F - beneficial effect on the nervous system, accelerate fat metabolism;
- hormone estradiol - positively affects women's health and reproductive function.
Rapeseed oil can be refined and unrefined. Accordingly, in the first version, the product is extracted by hot pressing, and in the second, it is cold.
Unrefined rapeseed oil contains 64% of erucic acid. But a large amount of this substance negatively affects the work of the kidneys, heart and liver. Therefore, to prepare the oil, suitable for consumption, use special varieties of rapeseed, derived by Canadian breeders, in which only 5% of erucic acid.
Rapeseed oil, thanks to its unique composition, can benefit the human body:
- improves immunity, helps to cope with viral and bacterial infections;
- strengthens blood vessels, prevents the appearance of atherosclerotic plaques;
- positively affects the composition and viscosity of the blood, thereby reducing the risk of stroke, heart attack and thrombosis;
- normalizes the hormonal background in women, restores the menstrual cycle, relieves severe symptoms in the premenstrual period and with menopause;
- reduces the risk of malignant tumors and fights against cancer cells;
- promotes splitting of fatty deposits and speeds up metabolic processes in the whole organism. During diets, its regular use should be combined with proper nutrition and exercise;
- restores the work of the gastrointestinal tract, reduces acidity, heals ulcerative manifestations in the intestine;
- remove toxins and toxins from the body;
- stimulates the production of collagen fibers, which helps to smooth small facial wrinkles;
- helps to cope with insomnia, strengthens the nervous system during depression and restless states;
- is actively used in cosmetology in creams, masks, injection solutions and healing ointments;
- during pregnancy and lactation regular use of this product provides the newborn's body with the necessary minerals and useful elements;
- does not contain cholesterol, but is rich in useful fatty acids, so it is used in the production of baby food;
- in the form of lotions helps with diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
The main disadvantage of rapeseed oil is the presence of erucic acid. Accumulating in the body, it can cause dangerous toxic poisoning.
The main contraindications for the use of rapeseed oil are:
- hepatitis of any type;
- cholelithiasis in the acute stage;
- diarrhea and dysentery;
- allergic reactions and individual intolerance of the constituents of the product.
The product has a wide range of applications and can retain its useful properties for several years.to contents ^
Rapeseed oil is an excellent alternative to olive oil, due to its taste, useful properties and more affordable price. It is best to use it in raw form, as a dressing for salads, cooking sauces and marinades. It has a pleasant, delicate aroma and does not lose its original transparency.
It is allowed to take rapeseed oil with dietary nutrition, as it is well absorbed by the body. The product helps in combating excess kilograms and is recommended for use in atherosclerosis and diseases of the cardiovascular system.
For children, rapeseed oil can be added drop by drop in vegetable puree, aged 4-6 months, gradually increasing the dose to 2 ml per week.
In folk medicineto the table of contents ^
To maintain health and get the daily norm of useful substances, it is enough to consume 1 tablespoon of rapeseed oil per day.to the table of contents ^
For the treatment of joints
Warm rapeseed oil must be impregnated with a woolen cloth or cotton wool applied as a compress to the aching joint and tightly rewound with a bandage.to table of contents ^
From a hangover
Rapeseed oil helps relieve hangover symptoms. To do this, dilute a few drops of oil in a glass of water and drink on an empty stomach.to contents ^
From burns and wounds
It is enough to lubricate damaged places with rapeseed oil, it has a healing effect and starts the regeneration process.to contents ^
Rapeseed oil is used to improve the health and external condition of the skin, as well as to combat dermatological problems.to contents ^
Bath with rapeseed oil will help to give the skin incredible tenderness and velvety. For its preparation, it is necessary to add in warm water:
- 50 grams of dried lavender flowers;
- 12 grams of soda;
- 5 grams of cornstarch;
- 100 grams of sea salt;
- 30 ml of rapeseed oil;
- 220 ml of milk.
The duration of the reception of such a bath should not exceed 20 minutes.to the table of contents ^
Mask for strengthening hair
If you add rapeseed oil to the hair mask - per 100 ml of the base, 7 ml of oil, this will greatly improve the condition of the curls. The oil will help strengthen the strands, prevent cross-section and give the hair a shine. If desired, the oil can be added to shampoo.to table of contents ^
Mask for hair restoration
- for 15 ml of rapeseed oil and avocado;
- 10 drops of vitamin A;
- 5 drops of essential oil or rosemary.
Apply the mixture to the roots and scalp for 45 minutes and rinse with the usual method.to table of contents ^
Mask for lightening hair and removing paint
- 1 liter fatty yogurt;
- 30 ml of rapeseed oil;
- 15 grams of sea salt.
Composition spread to the hair, cover the head with polyethylene and a towel. Leave the mask for an hour, then rinse. Use no more than twice in 10 days.to the table of contents ^
Mask for skin rejuvenation
To support the appearance of aging skin, the following composition will help: 15 ml of rapeseed oil and one drop of essential oils of rosewood, sandalwood and orange.to the table of contents ^
Mask from acne
Add to one tablespoon of rapeseed oil 2 drops of carnation, lavender and cedar. Apply the mixture to problem areas for 15 minutes.to the table of contents ^
Mask for dry skin
To nourish and moisturize the face and lips, a mixture of:
- 15 ml of rapeseed oil;
- 2 drops of rose aether;
- 2 drops of ester of limetta;
- 1 drops of lemon balm oil.
Mask for weathered skin
Two dessert spoons of rapeseed oil mixed with honey, cream or natural yoghurt, taken in equal amounts - 1 tablespoon each. Composition put on the skin, rinse with warm water after 20-25 minutes.to contents ^
Massage oil moisturizing
- for 30 ml of rapeseed and grape seed oil;
- 2 drops of peppermint ether;
- 3 drops of eucalyptus ester;
- 4 drops of rosemary oil.
Mixture used for massage procedure.to contents ^
How to store
The choice and storage of rapeseed oil must be taken seriously.
Buy the product best at specialized points of sale.
Good quality product should be transparent, amber-yellow and contain no more than 0.6% erucic acid.
In order to keep useful properties and qualities in oil for a long time, it should be stored in a glass container, in a darkened and cool room. Unrefined rapeseed oil is recommended to be stored only in the refrigerator and try to use it as soon as possible after opening the container.