Stuffed Bulgarian pepper is one of the most popular main dishes. In the summer season it is often present on our table. This popularity is easy to explain: it's a healthy vegetable garnish and a hearty meat dish at the same time.
- Methods for the preparation of frozen peppers
- At the plate
- The oven
- In multivarka
- In a double boiler
- In Aerogrill
- products Important subtleties
- Simple and delicious recipes
To enjoy a favorite dish, not only in the season, you can freeze the stuffed peppers for the future,because the price of fresh pepper in the winter does not allow you to often cook this dish. Many do not dare to freeze this semi-finished product, because they do not know how to properly prepare frozen stuffed peppers, whether they need to be defrosted, how long to cook and how much can be stored in the freezer. The answers to all these questions you will now find out.
Ways to prepare
Prepare frozen stuffed peppers not only on the stove, they are baked in the oven or stewed in a multivarquet, steamed and aerogrilled. You can choose the most convenient way for yourself, knowing the merits and demerits of each of them.
On the plate
The traditional way of cooking, it is used most often. To prepare a semi-finished product from frozen peppers, it is necessary to perform the following actions:
- put the peppers, without defrosting, into a large saucepan and place them in a vertical position, with a narrow end down;
- add grated carrot, finely crumbled onion, bay leaf, tomato paste, diluted in water, or sour cream;
- can make a sauce of onions, carrots, celery, tomato paste and sour cream separately and add to the peppers;
- sauce should cover the puffs completely;
- bring the contents of the pan to a boil, make the fire quieter and cook for 50-60 minutes.
Serve peppers with sauce in deep soup plates, with sour cream, mayonnaise or other sauce.
In the oven
In the oven frozen peppers will be ready in 40 minutes. For this it is necessary:
- on the greased pan to lay frozen peppers( without preliminary defrosting);
- pour sour cream or tomato sauce, sprinkle with spices and dried herbs;
- bake for half an hour at 180 degrees;
- sprinkle with grated cheese;
- continue cooking until the cheese melts and a ruddy crust is formed;
- serve hot, with sour cream or mayonnaise.
In the multistake
It's easiest to prepare frozen stuffed peppers in a multivariate, but this method is the longest. If you are not in a hurry, you can safely start cooking:
- peppers put in a bowl multivark open hole, through which laying stuffing, up;
- pour the sauce( sour cream, tomato sauce, stewed vegetables), add water, dried herbs and spices;
- cook in "Quenching" mode for 2 hours;Pre-thawed peppers are cooked in an hour.
In the steamer
The steamer will allow you to cook frozen pepper without using sauce and butter. It is enough to make several manipulations:
- in the steamer's tank to pour water;
- on the grill to lay out the frozen peppers;
- cook for 40-60 minutes.
Similarly it is possible to prepare frozen peppers and on a "steamed" mode in a multivark.
This machine will make it easy to prepare a frozen semi-finished product without excess fat and calories. All that is needed is:
- put the peppers in the grill mold;
- pour stuffed vegetables with tomato, sour cream or mushroom sauce;
- set the temperature to 235 degrees;
- place in aerogril and prepare for 40 minutes.
The main question that the housewives ask themselves before starting to prepare frozen stuffed peppers: should they be defrosted? In order not to lose flavor, aroma and benefits, it is better to prepare semi-finished products without preliminary defrosting, but this will significantly increase the time of heat treatment. To make peppers cook faster, they can be laid out for the night on the lower shelf of the refrigerator: this is the most sparing way to defrost the semi-finished product, preserving all its useful and taste qualities.
Otherwise, the preparation for cooking is to wash, peel and cut the vegetables for the sauce.
Tips and tricks
There is nothing complicated in the preparation of frozen stuffed peppers, it does not require a lot of culinary talent and experience, in fact this is a pre-prepared semi-finished product. It is enough to remember a few tips and start cooking:
- if you decide to unfreeze a semi-finished product, remember that you can not do this in a microwave oven, it is undesirable at room temperature, and best of all on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator;
- the thawed product must not be refrozen;
- stuffing peppers can not only be minced meat, but also mushrooms, vegetables, potatoes and cereals;
- as a sauce for frozen stuffed peppers serve ketchup, sour cream, mayonnaise and other sauces based on them;
- extinguishes pepper in tomato paste, diluted in water, sour cream, a mixture of ketchup and sour cream, vegetable sauce with onions, carrots, olives and mushrooms, it all depends on your culinary preferences and imagination;
- instead of tomato paste, you can choose finely chopped blanched tomatoes or tomato juice;
- serves peppers as a separate dish or along with the garnish;
- uses rice, pea or mashed potatoes, pasta, buckwheat porridge, stewed or fried potatoes as a side dish;
- it is important to set peppers in a pan or other container vertically, so that the juice does not flow out during cooking;
- in a multi-bar pepper is cooked in the "Quenching" or "First dishes" mode.
The simplest and most common way, available to everyone: put out the frozen stuffed peppers in a saucepan on a plate with fragrant herbs.
For this you need the following ingredients:
- 8 frozen peppers;
- 200 grams of sour cream;
- 70 grams of tomato paste;
- 1 carrot;
- celery root;
- 1 onion;
- a mixture of Italian herbs;
- odorless vegetable oil.
- Vegetables should be cleaned, cut rather small and fried in oil.
- Add sour cream, tomato paste and a little water to the frying pan. Extinguish 5-10 minutes.
- Peppers, without thawing, put into a saucepan and pour the sauce so that it completely covers the vegetables.
- Add water if necessary.
- Sprinkle with herbs and spices and simmer for 45-60 minutes.
- If the peppers were previously thawed, reduce the cooking time to 30 minutes.