Dried apricots are very useful dried fruits without pits, which are obtained by drying fruits of apricot. In dried apricots contains many vitamins, trace elements and other nutrients. It is used in cooking, folk medicine, cosmetology, dietology. To whom it is recommended to take dried apricots, find out later in the article.
- chemical composition
- Useful properties
- How to choose
- How to cook
- How to store
- applications for normalization
- digestion From
- constipation To strengthen
- immunity avitaminosis
- For the normalization of the
- heart From
- swelling to reduce weight
- Anti-aging and toning facial mask
The benefits of dried apricots for the body are due to its rich chemical compositiontavom. In 100 grams of dried apricots contains:
- 6.8% of the daily protein norm;
- 0.5% fat;
- 24.2% of carbohydrates;
- 0.8% water.
In addition, the dried apricots contain:
- macro and trace elements( potassium, calcium, silicon, magnesium, sodium, zinc, copper, iron, iodine);
- ascorbic, folic, pantothenic acids;
Dried apricots are rich in vitamins: in 100 grams of dried apricots,
- contains 64.8% of the daily norm of vitamin A;
- 70% of the norm of beta-carotene;
- 6.7% thiamine;
- 11.1% riboflavin;
- 4.4% of vitamin C;
- 36.7% alpha-tocopherol;
- 19.5% of the vitamin PP.
Dried apricots should be included in daily food, because due to its rich chemical composition, dried apricots have a beneficial effect on the body:
- promotes the excretion of heavy metals, toxins and purification of the body;
- lowers cholesterol in the blood;
- promotes kidney cleansing;
- prevents the development of vitamin deficiency;
- helps increase hemoglobin levels in the blood;
- with regular use helps prevent the appearance or retardation of the growth of cancer cells;
- has a general strengthening effect on the body and increases immunity;
- is used to stabilize the digestive system;
- is used to control constipation;
- reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases;
- has a beneficial effect on the organs of vision;
- relief from fever;
- improves skin conditions, giving them a healthy appearance;
- provides prevention of respiratory diseases;
- helps increase potency, which indicates the great benefits of dried apricots for men;
- promotes the removal of inflammatory processes.
Similar beneficial properties for black apricots, however, it should be noted that the positive effect of using black dried apricots at times exceeds the effect of using yellow or brown dried apricots. This is due to the high content of vitamins and microelements in black dried apricots.
Useful for the body and the kernel of apricot kernels, which can be dried with dried apricots:
- is used to treat respiratory diseases( bronchitis, tracheitis, laryngitis and others);
- is included in complex treatment with malignant tumors;
- have an anti-inflammatory effect;
- have a positive effect on the nervous system;
- contribute to the elimination of toxins;
- interfere with the development of dysbacteriosis.
Excessive consumption of dried apricots of dried apricots can bring not only good, but also harm. This is due to the content of amygdaline, which is a toxic component that turns into hydrocyanic acid during digestion.to contents ^
These dried fruits bring great benefits to the body of women and men. Due to its effect, dried apricots are used to treat and prevent various diseases. Indications for the use of dried apricots are diverse:
- metabolic disorders;
- chronic constipation;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- impaired conduction of nerve impulses;
- cardiac rhythm disturbance;
- thyroid disorders;
- prevention of tooth decay, brittle nails and hair loss during pregnancy;
- bleeding disorder;
- normalization of blood pressure;
How to choose
Useful properties of dried apricots are due to the way it is brewed, which can be determined by the appearance of dried fruits. There are several ways of harvesting dried apricots:
- Drying with heat treatment , accompanied by fuming with sulfur dioxide. Dried fruits, subject to such treatment, look appetizing( smooth, beautiful, without dark spots), as all bacteria die under the influence of sulfur dioxide. But such dried apricots become poisonous and inedible. Sulfuric gas after interaction with water turns into a solution of sulfurous acid, which irritates the walls of the digestive organs. It is for this reason that you should not choose dried apricots, guided by its mouth watering. Drying of apricots on a tree .Such dried fruits are more rigid and with a stone. They taste very sweet, they contain a lot of vitamins, macronutrients. Water, which is soaked apricot, is also rich in vitamins, it can be drunk to strengthen immunity. Drying fruits in the shade .Dried apricots, dried in the shade, are also very useful. Its advantage over the apricot is that it is softer and does not contain bones. Such a dried fruit is also rich in vitamins, microelements and other substances necessary for the body.
What you need to know when buying dried apricots:
- You should not choose a beautiful smooth, almost transparent dried apricots, as it is likely to be exposed to sulfur dioxide treatment.
- Natural dried apricot has a dark tint, too light color of dried apricots may indicate that the product was treated with bleaching agents.
- It is not recommended to select shiny dried fruits, they are rubbed with glycerin or fat to give a presentation. They will harm the body.
- Good dried apricots should not stick together and spread out when pressing. These signs indicate a violation of the technology of storage of the product.
- Quality dried apricot has a pleasant smell and taste of dried apricots. Sour taste or unpleasant smell indicates improper drying of the product or the lack of quality of the raw material itself.
How to cook
Useful dried apricots cooked at home by yourself, as in this case you can be sure of its quality. You should start with the preparation of fruit. It is necessary to take apricots without damage, not too ripe, firm to the touch. Wash, peel, cut in half, remove bones. Remove fruits with worms and larvae( black or dark dots).
Half the fruit put in a colander and hold for 15 minutes over a container with boiling water. After that, for a few minutes, dip the dried apricots into syrup( dried apricots for desserts) or salted solution( dried apricots for meat dishes).
Next, apricots should be placed on a platter. Lay out should be on the sides, and leave the central part free, as there will drain water. Apricots can be placed on top of each other( no more than 3 pieces).After the water drains, the apricots need to be spread on the grate in such a way that their edges do not touch each other and put in the dryer.
Dry at 50 degrees, finish drying at 45 degrees. Drying of apricots takes from 10 to 15 hours. Check the preparedness of dried apricots can be by touch: it should not stick to your hands.
You can dry apricots in the open air. In this case, a tray with apricots should be put on a large piece of gauze( 3 times more tray), the ends of the gauze to pull and tie to the knot( the distance from the tray to the knot is 20 centimeters).A tray hangs on a clothesline and on a sunny day apricots dry up well.to the table of contents ^
How to store
To keep the dried apricots longer, it must be stored correctly. Do it better in wooden boxes with lids or linen bags.
If you wish, you can freeze dried fruits. With this method of storing dried apricots will save all the useful properties for a year and a half.to table of contents ^
Recipes for application ofto table of contents ^
To normalize digestion
- dried apricots - 50 grams;
- water is 200 milliliters.
Dried fruits should be poured with boiling water and insist for 2 hours. The benefit of dried apricots, filled with boiling water, is that all the vitamins and minerals necessary for the body are stored in it.to contents ^
- dried apricots - 250 grams;
- water - 1 liter.
Dried apricots with water and cook for 20 minutes over low heat. Infuse the broth all night. In the morning, drink half an glass of broth on an empty stomach and during the day use all the remaining liquid and berries. The recommended course of treatment is 2-3 weeks.to table of contents ^
To strengthen the immunity of
- dried apricots - 200 grams;
- raisins - 200 grams;
- nuts are walnuts - 200 grams;
- lemon - 1 piece;
- honey - 1 glass.
Dried fruits and lemon wash and twist in a meat grinder, add 1 cup of honey and stir. Keep refrigerated.
- dried apricots - 100 grams;
- lemon - 1 piece;
- honey - 2 tablespoons.
Dried apricots and lemon in a meat grinder, add honey. Take in the morning 1 teaspoon before eating. Daily intake of a mixture with dried apricots on an empty stomach will benefit the body, allowing you to forget about beriberi.to the table of contents ^
To normalize the heart
- dried apricots - 50 grams;Boiling water is 200 milliliters of
Pour the dried apricots with boiling water and press for 4 hours. Take ½ cup before eating.to contents ^
- dried apricots - 150 grams;
- Prunes - 100 grams;
- sugar - ¼ cup;
- water - 2 liters.
Mix all the ingredients and cook for 5 minutes, then infuse for an hour. The benefit of compote from dried apricots is that it helps to remove swelling. It is taken three times a day for a glass.to contents ^
For weight loss
- dried apricots - 300 grams;
- peach juice is 500 milliliters.
Dried apricots through a meat grinder or crushed in puree, add peach juice. Take 3-4 times during the day.to the table of contents ^
Anti-aging and toning facial mask
- dried apricots - 200 grams;
- milk powder - 2 teaspoons.
Dried apricots through a meat grinder or chopped in a puree, add the milk powder, mix thoroughly. The mask should be applied evenly to the skin of the face, after 15 minutes, rinse with warm water.to contents ^
Dried apricots are harmless products, however, you need to know some of the features of its use. It is not recommended to use dried apricots:
- for children under 1 year;
- hypotension, since dried apricots help reduce blood pressure;
- in diabetes mellitus;
- when allergic to this product;
- for intestinal disorders, since dried apricots help to improve digestion;
- for pancreatitis and liver diseases.
Excessive infatuation with any variety of dried apricots can lead to stomach upset or cause allergies.
In order to avoid harm to the body from eating dried apricots, you should follow certain rules:
- per day eat no more than 100 grams for an adult;
- the purchased dried apricots should be thoroughly washed, changing the water, then soak for 5 minutes, drain the water and rinse the dried fruits once more;
- store dried apricots in a wooden box or bag.
To avoid the harmful effects of dried apricots, it is better to prepare it yourself.