Scandinavian walking is a kind of physical activity, when walking is done using sticks, and the step itself is performed in an original way. Initially, the style was practiced by Finnish skiers, trying not to lose shape during the off-season. Today there is a popularization of this sport in our country. The simplicity facilitates its spread, it is not necessary to look for a special place for training and buy expensive equipment.
The use of
The external plainness of occupations strikingly contrasts with the practical impact. Walking brings tremendous benefits, while developing muscle groups of the lower and upper parts of the body.
- Walking involves about 90% of the muscles, and calories are 46% faster than during a walk;
- Allows you to lose weight in the shortest possible time, since the consumption of calories for Nordic walking is 700 units per hour;
- Provides assistance in eliminating problems in the area of the shoulder girdle, back and neck, correcting the posture;
- Returns activity to people with diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system;
- Helps maintain the shape of professional athletes and climbers. It is the most popular discipline for pensioners, since the use of sticks reduces the burden on the knee joints and spine;
- Develops endurance, strengthens the cardiovascular system;
- Accelerates the metabolism, thereby saturating the body with oxygen;
- During and after walking improves mood, a person feels a rush of vivacity, vitality, willingness and desire to act;
- The brain starts to work faster, the mind grows;
- puts pressure in order;
- Normalizes blood sugar levels;
- Returns a sense of balance and tranquility.
You can talk about the first results after 1.5 months of training, after a year, positive changes in the body take a serious nature. When it is better to conduct training - experts do not give recommendations. It can be both morning and evening hours.to the table of contents ^
Asking the question what is better to run or Nordic walking, one must remember the versatility of training with sticks. In some situations, it is recommended in a special order.
The following factors serve as indications for occupations:
- A sedentary lifestyle. Scandinavian walking for children helps to rectify the harmful effects of prolonged sitting at the desk and computer;
- Osteochondrosis. Scandinavian walking is included in many rehabilitation programs, it effectively eliminates problems caused by a lack of motor activity. In addition, outdoor activities also provide good body hardening;Excess weight. Scandinavian walking is a means of intense burning of calories. Classes do not carry discomfort like other sports types, including running and weight training. Persons suffering from fatigue experience a traditionally high load on the knee joints. With ordinary walking, this becomes a problem, the sticks also allow you to proportionally distribute the weight to the whole body;
- Osteoarthritis. This kind of walking is one of the few ways to overcome the disease. Today, experts also recognize the positive effect it has on coxarthrosis of the hip joint;
- Parkinson's disease.
- Pain in the spine, elimination of orthopedic problems;
- Vegetosovascular dystonia;
- Rehabilitation with vertebral hernia;
- Diseases of the joints;
- Prevention of gynecological diseases;
- Recovery after a heart attack;
- Stress, nerve strain, depression;
- For pensioners, such training helps to maintain motor activity and preserve youth. In the process, the body is saturated with oxygen, toxins are released, the density of muscles and bones increases by 4-6%;
- Pregnant Finnish walking is not contraindicated. Especially for women in the position, experts developed an original technique. Training combines with respiratory practice, which contributes to the health of mom and baby.
- Do this gymnastics can and preschool children. Especially for them there are group lessons of Scandinavian walking.
With the use of walking with sticks, it has contraindications. If they are available from training, you should abstain.
- Cardiac diseases, including acute insufficiency and other diseases involving bed rest. However, Scandinavian walking after a stroke increases life expectancy;
- Colds, diseases of an infectious nature;
- Inflammatory processes in the body, aneurysms, various types of tumors;
- Current consequences of injuries, with painful reaction to movement;
- Prolonged lack of physical activity. Lessons should be preceded by a doctor's consultation;
- Recently transferred embolism and thrombophlebitis;
- Aortic stenosis;
- Gastric tachycardia;
- Acute renal disease;
- Pulmonary insufficiency;
- Glaucoma, progressive myopia, threatened detachment of the retina;
- Severe diabetes mellitus not controlled by insulin;
- Surgical operations in the abdominal cavity;
There is a list of contraindications in which it is contraindicated in groups, individual training is allowed only:
- Falls that have not passed since 3 months;
- Recently carried operations on the joints of the feet;
- Arthritis affecting the ability to hold a stick.
There are many factors preventing the training. In order to avoid negative consequences, it is recommended to consult a doctor and, on the basis of his recommendations, start( or not start) to study.to contents ^
Buying equipment and equipment for classes does not involve significant financial expenditure. Walking is one of the most democratic sports, where, if desired, you can buy all the necessary equipment, keeping within 1000 rubles.
Among the major manufacturers of equipment today are the following companies: Exel( Finland), Karhu( Finland), Leki( Germany), Gabel( Italy), Komperdell( Austria), Swix( Norway).to the table of contents ^
When walking, the main function is laid on the sticks, they are also the main accessories of the athlete. For all the importance, the rest of the equipment, including clothes and shoes, does not play a significant role.
Growth table for the selection of sticks
The structure of the sticks includes a shaft, handles, knobs and lugs.
As the materials of the shaft, carbon, aluminum alloys, various composites are used. The requirements are reduced to the absence of vibration and vibration.
The handle should sit comfortably in the palm of your hand without causing slipping and rubbing. Comfort is achieved through rubberized components or simulated cork. Hands securely fixes the strap - a special fastener, created by the type of gloves.
The tips for the sticks are made of tungsten. Products of serious manufacturers include removable attachments for use on various surfaces.
Sticks for Nordic walking are divided into folding and fixed models. Folding options are cheaper, made of aluminum, however, there are also carbon telescopic sticks. All prefabricated versions are equipped with an internal shock absorber. The main advantage is universality, when the length is adjusted in parallel with the growth, which is especially important for the child.
Fixed sticks characterize the increased quality. Here the driving parts and the shock absorber are missing, and the strength is determined by the index. Lessons of Finnish walking, it says that it makes sense for beginners to dwell on softer models.to contents ^
The main criterion in choosing clothes for training is convenience and comfort. Much depends on the weather conditions, the time of year. Light clothing is best, and even if it's damp in the street, two sweaters will be preferable to one heavy jacket.
Rainwater uses rainwear and gloves. In the heat can be limited to shorts, T-shirt or top, a must-have headwear, which, like other items of the wardrobe should have a light tint, reflecting the sun's rays.
Scandinavian walking in winter depends on the region, in a cold climate you can not do without thermal underwear, combining it with layers of outerwear. In cold weather, a neck scarf is used to protect the neck, and a cap, fur headphones, will work well for the ears.
Manufacturers of accessories did not ignore the clothes, presenting to the services of athletes quality balanced sets for each time of year.to the table of contents ^
Picking up shoes, attention is paid to the softness of the sole. Considering the load on the legs, flexible sneakers with high damping properties are best suited. Much depends on the landscape, it is about asphalt, dirt and grass.
In winter, the seasonal factor, including ice and snow, comes into play. To avoid falls and injuries will help shoes with a corrugated sole and thorns.
For comfortable use, it is necessary that the gap between the thumb and toe is about 0.5 centimeters. During the training of the foot, space is provided, and the fingers can be freely compressed.
technique to table of contents ^
Given the intensity that Finnish walking carries, the warm-up is mandatory. It involves swinging from side to side, pulling back and forth, bending forward with the emphasis on sticks, lifting on the socks, folding the knee joints with ankle lift to buttocks. If health allows you to make several sit-ups.to table of contents ^
After a few minutes, when the body is ready for loads, you can proceed directly to walking. Often, it is mastered with the help of an instructor who is able to deliver equipment in one lesson. Having mastered several rules, you will correctly move when Nordic walking. So, the human step is carried out in two stages: the support and the transfer of the body. Scandinavian walking is different in that:
- First of all, the heel descends to the ground, followed by the back part and at the end of the sock. As a result, the leg makes a roll and at every step all the muscles of the foot work;
- One of the clear examples of how to use sticks is the work of the palms. Brush, laid back your hands after the push is opened, so that the wrist joint remains healthy. The lantern securely fastens the stick to his hand, and it does not fall;
- Hands in elbows do not bend, but work like pendulums back and forth in the shoulder joint, the amplitude of arm lift should be no more than 45 degrees relative to the body;
- Parallel to walking, breathing is performed. The first 2 steps for inhalation involve the nose, exhalation( it must be deep) occurs through the mouth in the next 3-4 steps. During intensive training, all breathing follows a similar pattern, but only through the mouth;
- The back should be straight. Try to keep the posture is not necessary, the correct choice of sticks will do everything himself.
Possible beginner errors:
Taking into account the above comments with Nordic walking will allow you to progress from occupation to occupation.
A typical schedule includes at least 3 workouts per week, a minimum of 30 minutes.to the table of contents ^
Training usually ends with a hitch. This is a complex of simple exercises designed to relieve agitation and calm down, lasting 10-15 minutes. The main value of the process is the smooth termination of training. A quick stop after the Nordic walk leads to excess venous blood and overload.
A simple example of a hitch is the swinging of hands up and down, light squats, stretching to the sky, forward, backward. Followed by foot swings, it is desirable that the sock touched his palm. Joints are kneaded in circular movements, wrists, elbows, and knees are involved.
If health allows you to make rotational movements on the toes of the legs, stretching the Achilles tendon. The pace should be gradually reduced to smoothly return to the familiar state.