Garlic - a very useful vegetable, used in folk medicine and cosmetology, it perfectly complements the taste of dishes. Contains many useful elements in its composition, for which it gained its popularity. Vegetable has some characteristics that you need to know before you start using it.
- chemical composition
- Useful properties
- preparations based on garlic
- alcohol tincture
- Wine tincture
- garlic capsules
- therapeutic use
- Curative elixir
- To improve heart function
- With atherosclerosis
- From dysbiosis
- In cosmetic
- Acne lotion
- Hand bath
- Nourishing and moisturizingth face mask
- tincture to save
- youth in culinary
- Pickled garlic
- Roasted Garlic
- Baked garlic
- Boiled garlic
- Garlic seasoning
- Garlic salt
- How to choose
- Harvesting and storage
Garlic is rich in elements necessarythe human body. Garlic contains:
- essential oils;
- organic acids;
- herbal extracts;
- macro and microelements: iodine, potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, iron, zinc, titanium, tungsten, selenium( the most important antioxidant), germanium( microelement for the prevention of cancer);
- vitamins: C, D, PP, A and group B.
Useful properties of
The chemical composition, combining vital substances, determines the useful properties of garlic:
- exerts a disinfecting action( kills pathogenic microorganisms);
- protects against the formation of cholesterol;
- improves heart function;
- dilutes blood;
- lowers pressure;
- dilutes and displays phlegm;
- has an anti-inflammatory effect on the mucous membrane of the respiratory system;
- prevents the onset of cancer;
- kills cancer cells;
- promotes the normalization of digestion;
- improves bowel function;
- strengthens the immune system;
- prevents the formation of gallstones;
- reduces the risk of inflammation of the urogenital system in women and men;
- prevents from the development of senile dementia;
- has an antihelminthic effect;
- soothes toothache;
- sucking garlic kills bacteria in the mouth and prevents the appearance of caries( people with a sick stomach, along with benefit and harm);
- has a positive effect on potency due to blood flow to the organs of the reproductive system;
- promotes weight loss;
- relieves pain in the ears;
- strengthens and nourishes the hair;
- also benefits garlic in diabetes, by normalizing blood sugar levels;
- has an antifungal effect.
Garlic, enriched with essential nutrients and healing properties, is used to treat many diseases:
- heart disease;
- elevated level of "bad" cholesterol;
- diabetes mellitus;
- elevated blood sugar level;
- prophylaxis and treatment of scurvy;
- treatment and prevention of common cold and flu;
- hair loss;
Preparations based on garlicto table of contents ^
Slice of garlic cloves finely chopped, pour boiling water( 1/2 liter), cover, towel and leave to infuse for 20 minutes.to contents ^
250 ml of water pour into an enamel mug and bring to a boil.1,5 tablespoons garlic, cut into large pieces, mix, hold for 5 minutes on low heat. Remove from the fire enamel mug, it must be covered with a lid, wrapped in a towel and left for 45 minutes. A strained, boiling broth is ready for use.to contents ^
Peel and finely chop ½ cup of garlic, place it in an enamel saucepan and cover with dark honey to completely hide garlic. Put the saucepan on a slow fire and stir for 20 minutes. When garlic dissolves in syrup, cover the pan and heat again, then syrup, stirring to bring to a boil, at this time pour a little distilled water.to contents ^
Spirituous tincture of
5 cloves of chopped garlic in a jar, pour in 2 cups of vodka and leave for 3 weeks. To prepare the tincture, the contents of the jar should be shaken twice a day. After filtration, the product is ready for use. Tincture of garlic is useful for veins with varicose enlargement.
Take 1 head of garlic, peel the denticles and crush them. Finely chop the leaves of wormwood. Add 10 pinch of wormwood to the chopped garlic and mix in a glass jar. In the mixture, pour in 3.5 cups of hot wine, leave for 5 days, covered with a lid.to contents ^
1-2 heads of garlic cut into small pieces, place in a cup. In a thin trickle of garlic, pour 150 milliliters of olive oil and leave in the sun for 10 days, thoroughly mixing each day. Filter the mixture, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil, pour into the bottle. This antibacterial agent is actively used in folk medicine.to table of contents ^
This is a dietary supplements that are sold in pharmacies. The capsules contain garlic oil. Capsules of garlic are beneficial for the work of the heart and prevent the development of atherosclerosis, can harm people with a sick stomach.to the table of contents ^
Recipes of application
Garlic, which has excellent healing properties, is actively used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes, as well as cooking in the process of preparing various dishes.to the table of contents ^
For therapeutic purposesto contents ^
- onion -10 pieces;
- garlic - 1 head;
- milk - 1 liter;
- honey - 1 tablespoon.
Peel the onions and garlic, and boil them in milk for an hour. In the milk put the honey and mix until dissolved. Use the elixir 3 times a day. It helps to increase immunity.to contents ^
- milk - 1 glass;
- garlic - 1 tooth.
Milk warm, pour into a mug garlic, pour warm milk, stir and drink. It is recommended to drink 1-2 times a day. Cough passes very quickly, immunity is strengthened. Despite the huge benefits of milk with garlic harm the stomach, so it is better to drink it after eating.
- milk is 200 milliliters;
- garlic - 1 tooth;
- honey acacia - 1 tablespoon.
Garlic finely chopped, pour the milk, add honey and mix. Take before bedtime, this remedy well soothes and relaxes the nervous system.to table of contents ^
To improve heart function
- garlic juice - 100 grams;
- polyfloral honey - 200 grams.
Honey mixed with freshly prepared garlic juice, take 4 times a day before meals for 1 month. Garlic with honey brings not only benefits, but also harm to people with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.to table of contents ^
- onion - 100 g;
- vodka is 400 milliliters.
Onions peel off the husks, cut and crush. Pour the onion with vodka and leave for 3 days to insist. Take 3 drops a day for 10 drops per 15 milliliters of water.to table of contents ^
- garlic - 4 teeth;
- sour milk or kefir - 500 milliliters.
Crush the garlic in a gruel, pour it with milk and mix. Take 0.5 glasses before meals in the morning and evening. Garlic with yogurt along with the benefit can cause harm.to table of contents ^
Garlic is enriched with macro and microelements, essential oils, plant extracts, vitamins. Due to its composition is actively used for cosmetic purposes: it has anti-inflammatory, softening and soothing properties of the skin.to contents ^
- liquid honey - 10 grams;
- glycerin - 10 grams;
- garlic juice - 5 grams;
- borax - 4 grams;
- water is 100 milliliters.
Mix the listed ingredients. To wipe on the night the skin received by losonom daily.to contents ^
- garlic - 1 head;
- alcohol solution( 1: 5);
- decoction of potato peel.
Garlic should be cleaned and finely chopped, poured with alcohol and insist for 3 days. After 3 days, cook the broth of potato peel, cool and add to it 5 drops of garlic tincture. In this broth, it is recommended to keep hands for 10 minutes. After the specified time, the hands must be wiped with a towel and greased with a nutritious cream.to the table of contents ^
Nourishing and moisturizing face mask
- infusion of garlic - 2 drops;
- egg yolk - 1 piece;
- vegetable oil - 2 teaspoons;
- cabbage juice( fresh) - 1 teaspoon;
- carrot juice - 1 teaspoon;
- lemon juice - ½ teaspoon;
- cream - 2 teaspoons.
Mix all the ingredients, slowly apply to the skin with a cotton swab. Wash off with warm water after 15 minutes.to contents ^
Tincture to preserve youth
- garlic - 1 tooth;
- Perga - 1 teaspoon;
- water or milk is 200 milliliters.
Garlic finely chopped and pounded with perga into boiling liquid, remove from heat. After 10 minutes you can drink the tincture. It is recommended to drink 1 glass a week.to table of contents ^
Garlic is able to impart special flavor to dishes, so there are many recipes that include this useful product.to contents ^
- garlic - 1 kilogram;
- pepper fragrant peas - 10 pieces;
- bay leaf - 3 pieces;
- carnations - 5 pieces;
- cinnamon - 1 stick;
- jars with a volume of 250 milliliters - 5 pieces.
Ingredients for marinade preparation:
- water - 625 milliliters;
- sugar - 84 grams;
- salt - 34 grams;
- acetic essence - 25 milliliters.
Rinse garlic and place in a sieve, so that the glass water. Sticks of cinnamon are divided into 5 parts and placed in a jar, there also put bay leaf, cloves and pepper. Prepare the marinade, adding the last vinegar essence. Put the garlic in jars, place them in an enameled basin, with the bottom sent to the tissue. Pour marinade and cover with lids, previously having poured with boiling water. Then the banks must be sterilized and rolled up.
In pickled garlic are all vitamins, minerals and useful chemical elements, but in comparison with fresh product, it acquires a softer and pleasant taste. You should not abuse pickled garlic, as it can bring not only benefits, but also harm in the form of headaches, swelling, retardation of reaction.to contents ^
- garlic - 6 teeth;
- vegetable oil - 4 tablespoons.
In the hot vegetable oil, lower the garlic and fry until softened. Fried garlic benefits the body by clearing it of toxins. When exposed to a high temperature, the vitamin C and allicin disappear in the garlic, but other useful substances remain, such as potassium, calcium, iron, manganese, and B vitamins. In fried garlic, the amount of phytoncids decreases, which give it burning properties and can harm the stomach.to contents ^
- garlic - 1 head;
- corn oil - 3 drops.
Cut the tip of the head of garlic before the appearance of denticles. Sprinkle garlic with oil and place in the oven. Bake for about 1 hour at a temperature of +180 degrees. Baked garlic benefits the body, however, with excessive use can cause harm.to contents ^
- garlic - 15 denticles;
- olive oil - 125 milliliters;
- grape seed oil - 50 grams;
- chili pepper - 1 piece;
- carnations - 1 piece;
- bay leaf - 1 piece;
- rosemary - ½ sprigs;
- fine sea salt - 2 pinch;
- mixture of peppers peas - ½ teaspoon.
Wash and dry all ingredients, place them in a saucepan, add the garlic and pour a mixture of oils. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes without boiling. After cooling the contents of the pan, transfer to a glass jar and store in a refrigerator. Perfectly combined with meat dishes.
It is not recommended to use people suffering from pancreatitis and gastritis, as they cooked garlic instead of good only harm.to contents ^
100 grams of fresh garlic grind in a coffee grinder, pour the resulting powder into a glass jar and add to different dishes to give a special taste and aroma.to contents ^
- dry garlic - 50 grams;
- sea salt - 150 grams.
Mix garlic and salt. This salt can be added to salads and rub it with meat dishes before baking. It gives them an exquisite taste and aroma. Pickled garlic is not recommended for people with a sick stomach, as it can cause serious harm.back to contents ^
How to choose
To use garlic for medical, cosmetic or food purposes it is important that it retain its useful properties. The maximum concentration of nutrients in garlic, which grew in a hot climate. When choosing garlic, it is important that it is firm and dry. These are two indicators of ripened garlic.
It is not recommended to take large heads, as garlic cloves in small heads have a more delicate taste. Determine the state of maturity of garlic can be touched. In ripe garlic, the denticles will be probed well. A large amount of husks on the head of garlic - an indicator of insufficient maturity of the vegetable. Ripe garlic will not bloom when squeezing the head.
Sprouted garlic can not be taken, because it does not retain useful properties, and it does not taste good. Sprouted garlic will not be of use, but can do harm. Such garlic can only be taken for planting.to contents ^
Harvesting and storage of
Garlic is a vegetable available in stores at any time of the year, however, it is best to grow it on your own and store it for the whole year. Then you can be sure of the naturalness and usefulness of the product. If there is no garden or dacha, then you can buy garlic during the harvest and harvest for the winter.
Shelf life of summer garlic is higher than winter garlic. This must be taken into account when storing. Harvesting should be carried out in sunny weather without rain. The harvested crop is left in the shade for a couple of days to dry. Dried garlic is cleaned of the remaining land.
To keep the garlic longer, it must be stored in a dark, cool place. The refrigerator for storage will not work.
- One of the most popular ways of storing garlic is storing in pigtails. This method protects against mold, drying and germination. From the stems of garlic and rope, a pigtail is tied and suspended from the ceiling. Garlic bulbs should only come in contact with air. Keep garlic in a dry place with access to oxygen.
- If you can not connect the pigtail, you can put the garlic in nylon stockings and hang it. Dried garlic in reasonable quantities can benefit the body.
- If it is not possible to suspend garlic to the ceiling, it can be stored in drawers. In this case, the heads of garlic should be poured with salt. It is necessary to pay attention to the material from which the box is made - metal is not suitable for storage.
- You can also store garlic-poured garlic in cans that are tightly closed with a lid.
When storing garlic by any of the described methods, it should be periodically sorted and selected spoiled or soft vegetables. They should be used first.to table of contents ^
Garlic should be included in the diet very carefully. This vegetable is very useful for the body, however, the passionate use of garlic every day in large quantities can lead to side effects:
- delayed reactions;
- loss of concentration;
Along with benefits for the heart, blood vessels, intestines and respiratory organs, garlic can seriously damage health if used improperly. It is contraindicated to consume garlic to people suffering from the following diseases:
- peptic ulcer;
- stones in the gallbladder;
- allergic reaction;
- kidney disease;
- pregnancy( garlic for pregnant women is contraindicated, since in addition to health and beauty benefits, it can harm the body).
In hypertension and other diseases of the cardiovascular system, you need to use garlic with caution, so as not to cause side effects.
Garlic inflames appetite, so it is contraindicated to people with excess weight, so as not to cause overeating.to the table of contents ^
Garlic in a variety of ways can not only benefit, but also harm for men and women, as when used creates a rather noticeable odor from the mouth. In general, the benefits and harms of garlic for the human body are interrelated.
- Young green garlic and its arrows, which benefit the digestive and respiratory systems, can cause serious harm to people suffering from ulcers.
- Black garlic, despite its benefits for digestion, can also cause harm in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The intake of garlic on an empty stomach can harm the stomach.
- Husky and garlic feathers, when used improperly, can be harmful for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and for high blood coagulability.