Nothing so does not spoil your hands as exfoliated, cracked and tubercular nails. But, in whatever state they are, with a great desire and patience, everything can be corrected. How to strengthen the nails, will be discussed in detail below. To give nail plates a healthy appearance can help both store cosmetic preparations and home-made preparations.
Gel protection and acrylic
At present, various types of gels are widely used to strengthen nails. Let us dwell on them in more detail.
- Gel-lacquer is a coating for strengthening and decorating nails, which remains unchanged for 14 days. It makes elastic thin horny plates, and gives fragile nails strength. It can be worn separately or used as a base for normal varnish. The first means of this type was presented by the American firm CND under the name "Shellac".Currently, shellac is called gels varnishes of any manufacturer, although they are not an exact copy of each other. The main difference is that almost any gel-lacquer, except shellac, requires a primer, that is, a base coat.
- Vita gel( VitaGel) is a transparent product that is used as a base for regular varnish or shellac or as an independent coating. Thanks to vitamins E, A and B5, which is part of the product, the nails stop breaking and splitting. In addition, their accelerated growth is observed. At the moment, there are 2 variants of the vitale gel for strengthening the nails:
- "Strength" nourishes and strengthens natural nails, while stimulating their growth. Feature of the remedy is that nutrients enter the nail plate gradually within two weeks.
- "Rekovery" is a preparation for nails that need special protection( thin, exfoliated or damaged after removal of gel-varnish or acrylic).
- Biogel. This tool, which not so long ago appeared on the market of cosmetic services. It consists of only natural ingredients, namely teakwood resin and protein. There are several types of biogel:
- Bio Sculpture gel - a transparent composition that strengthens and moistens the nail plate and heals microcracks. Usually this type of gel is used as a basis for manicure, since after applying it, it practically does not give an additional shine. The drug does not dry more than two minutes.
- S-coating, or hard biogel, strengthens the nails due to a strong base. As a rule, it is used for nail extensions with elongation.
- UV biogel strengthens the nail plates in the summer. It protects them from ultraviolet, preventing brittleness, dryness and thinning. In addition, the composition has a beneficial effect on the cuticle. The cosmetic is applied to the base coat. After 40 seconds it completely dries.
- Royal Sealer, due to the bluish tint, successfully neutralizes the yellow and gray color of the nail plates.
- Color biogel serves not only for decoration, but also for giving nails strength.
To create a gel-coated manicure, you need to do the following:
- Polish the nails, then wipe them dry.
- Apply a thin layer of clear coat.
- After 2 minutes, apply the biogel of the selected color.
- Cover the nail with a second layer of gel or a fixer.
- Put the foil caps on the fingers for 5 minutes. During this time the product will dry up, and the healing ingredients will completely absorb.
Make your nails more sturdy and help acrylic. Like most gels, this material is used for building up. Under the acrylic coating, the nails continue to grow, without breaking or splitting. The main disadvantage of this hardener is its airtightness. Acrylic does not allow the horny plates to breathe, so it can be worn continuously for no more than three weeks in a row.
Recently, acrylic powder for strengthening and nail extension began to be in great demand. Usually, this cosmetic product is applied on top of the gel-varnish. As a result, the nails acquire additional strength.
Varnishes with curative effect
If brittle nails varnish is not recommended. An exception to this rule are strengthening nail polishes. At the moment, several brands of well-known manufacturers have gained particular popularity. Let us dwell in more detail on some of them.
- "Smart enamel" treatment complex from "Frenchi" company. It includes several tools that are recommended to be used simultaneously. After several weeks of applying the "Smart enamel", the nails become stronger and more flexible. The main drawback of this product is its weak stability. Updating the coating will have every 2-3 days.
- Firming varnish from Sally Hansen. Means effectively restores problem nails, but to achieve a positive result it will take at least two months of regular application.
- Nail polish remover, balm and cuticle care cream from Trind. All three drugs used in the complex have a beneficial effect on the nail plates. At the same time, the appearance of the nails changes for the better quickly. The main disadvantage of this complex is the presence of formaldehyde in its composition.
- Varnish for restoration of horny plate «Orly».This brand can be used not only as a therapeutic brand, but also as a decorative coating with pearlescent effect.
IBX for problem nails
The American cosmetic company "Famous Names" has developed an absolute new system for complex nail plate restoration, called "IBX". It includes 2 cosmetic products with a curative effect, which are used simultaneously for the following purposes:
- to eliminate certain damages on the nail plate;
- for complex treatment of thin and exfoliating nails;
- as a protective primer for lacquer or gel coating.
Unlike varnishes and gels that can be wiped off, this cosmetic product is absorbed into the horny coating. As a result, you can remove it only by cutting off the overgrown nail.
- Nails should be thoroughly cleaned and dried.
- For damaged areas in several layers, the preparation IBX Repair is applied.
- After this, the nails should be dried with a hair dryer, and then polymerized in a lamp and remove the sticky layer.
- Cover the nail plates with the composition of the second vial, dry and polymerize. If treatment is carried out for the first time, IBX is applied twice.
- At the end of the procedure, the horny plates and cuticles are treated with oil.
How to strengthen nails with silk
To strengthen the nails, you can use not only a variety of artificial coatings, but also natural fabrics. Most often silk is used for these purposes. It gives strength to the nail plate, prevents brittleness and delamination. In addition, silk, unlike gel or acrylic coating, does not damage the structure of the horny plate.
Silk nails can be strengthened both in the beauty salon and at home. To conduct the procedure yourself, you need to prepare the following materials and tools:
- nail file;
- special glue;
- pink or white silk;
- nail polish remover.
The process of coating the nail with silk occurs in the following sequence:
- Before you start to strengthen, you need to cut out the silk from the figure, exactly repeating the silhouette of each nail.
- Thoroughly degrease the horny plates with a nail polish remover. Wait until they are completely dry.
- Take the fabric cover, firmly press it against the nail and pour glue onto it.
- Spread the adhesive evenly over the entire surface of the nail plate. For this purpose, you can use a wooden stick.
- Repeat the procedure on each nail.
- A dried base coat and a decorative varnish are applied over the dried adhesive.
Home remedies for nails
In order to cure problem nails, it is not necessary to purchase expensive cosmetics or to visit beauty salons. It is enough to use rich in vitamins to strengthen nails products and pharmacy products. Let us consider in more detail a few simple recipes.
- One of the most accessible and effective ways to strengthen the nails is vegetable oil. It should be regularly rubbed into the skin of hands and horny plates after peeling or cleansing agent and leave on them until completely absorbed.
- To rid the nails of brittleness and delamination will help and pharmacy sea salt. Once a month, you should do with her hand baths. For this, the salt is dissolved in hot water. Then immerse the fingertips in the resulting liquid for 10 minutes. After the tray, apply a nourishing cream.
- You can use iodine to strengthen your nails. They can lubricate the horny plates, and also prepare a bath with the following recipes:
- A tablespoon of salt is dissolved in half a glass of warm water. Then add to it 3-4 drops of iodine. The fingers are kept in this solution for about 20 minutes.
- 100 ml of natural orange juice is mixed with the same amount of warm water.30 g of salt are poured into the solution and 5 drops of iodine are added. Keep the nails in the bath for a quarter of an hour. After that, the hands and nail plates are lubricated with cream.
- An indispensable home remedy for nail strengthening is lemon juice. He not only gives strength to nails, but also makes them more shiny. In addition, it has a whitening effect. Once a week, you can immerse the fingertips in the flesh of a cut fruit or rub nails with lemon crusts.
- For nutrition and strengthening of nails, it is useful to use home-made masks. Below are some examples.
To prepare it you will need:
- 2 teaspoons of cottage cheese;
- 1 teaspoon of sour cream.
Ingredients mix and apply a mask on the hands and nail plates. Leave for 20 minutes. After that, rub the mass into the skin and horny plates with massage movements. Rinse with water.
For it you need to take:
- 1 teaspoon of natural honey;
- 6 tbsp.spoons of hot milk.
Dissolve honey in milk. Using a cotton swab, apply the composition on the hands and nails, making circular motions. Leave the mask on the skin until the morning. After several applications, the skin will become smooth and velvety, and the nails will noticeably strengthen.
As you can see, there are a lot of ways to give nails a healthy, well-groomed look. Most of them are available to women of any income. The main thing is to conduct procedures on a regular basis, trying various options. Over time, it becomes clear which of them is most effective.