In the Middle East, it is said that if a person will eat only dates and water, then he will feel great without other food. Scientists did not check this, but they agree on one thing: this product is really capable of providing the body with a mass of nutrients. Dates are actively used in the cosmetics industry and in cooking, they can be purchased in almost any store of products, and a low price makes this fruit affordable for everyone.
- chemical composition
- Useful properties
- Methods and
- use of recipes in medicine
- from swelling
- stomach impotence
- from colds and to strengthen
- immunity from
- migraine from urolithiasis
- diarrhea dystrophy
- In cosmetology
- Maskgrowth of eyelashes
- Hair mask
- Mask from wrinkles
- In cooking
- Sweets from dried fruits
- Bars of muesli
- Date milk
- How to choose
- How to use
- Like xanit
- harm and contraindications
Dates come in many varieties, but each fruit contains the same substance:
- vitamins of group B( B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9);
- vitamin K;
At the same time they contain 1.8 grams of proteins, 0.15 grams of fat and 75 grams of carbohydrates.to contents ^
Useful properties of
Depending on how the dates will be used, the following useful properties can be determined:
- increase in hemoglobin level in the blood if the deficiency is caused by a meager diet;
- improvement in general body tone;
- acceleration of rehabilitation after long-term illnesses:
- strengthening of teeth and bones, improvement of hair and nails condition;
- lowering blood pressure;
- improved vision and prevention of eye diseases: conjunctivitis and cataract;
- sleep normalization;
- have a helminthic effect;
- increased lactation during breastfeeding in women;
- strengthening of immunity;
- maintenance in good condition of the body of pregnant women;
- decreased predisposition to edema;
- prevention of oncological diseases;
- increased sexual desire;
- improving the work of the gastrointestinal tract, fighting with constipation;
- help in dealing with viral diseases during the flu season and colds.
Methods and recipes for the application ofto the table of contents ^
These fruits are widely used in folk medicine, especially in the countries of origin of this product. It is believed that they treat almost all diseases: they improve the health of men, clean the liver, improve the work of the intestines, fight infertility and so on.
- When pregnant, the rich chemical composition of fruits, while observing daily norms, really helps the expectant mother to feel good. Regular use of dates can be a prevention of miscarriage. A high nutritional value will also help after the birth of the baby, when the woman will breastfeed. Special recipes are not required here: it is enough just to eat a few fruits every day.
- If we talk about the benefits and harm of dates for women in general, they help to overcome the desire to eat sweet, which has a beneficial effect on the figure. One date contains fewer calories than a few pieces of chocolate, but it tastes much better than it. And they also improve health during critical days, normalize the hormonal background, provide prevention of anemia. And it does not matter, fresh or dried dates, the benefits and harm do not depend on it.
- The use and harm of dates for men is that a rich chemical composition with regular consumption of food can affect fertility. If a person leads a healthy lifestyle, then together with the daily use of dates increases sexual activity, and the age of onset of dysfunction is delayed.
- It is equally useful to learn about the benefits and harm of dates for the liver. They help this body to better and faster cleanse the blood of toxins, and therefore people who regularly use this product quickly come to form after a tumultuous feast with alcohol and fatty foods.
- The use and harm of dates in diabetes cause controversy, since sweetness with this disease must be eaten, but it is required to comply with the prescriptions of doctors. Therefore, if you want to include dried fruit in the menu, it is worth consulting with the doctor.
- Regular use of dates significantly improves the work of the gastrointestinal tract and relieves constipation.
- dried dates - 10 pieces;
- seeds of cumin - 1 tablespoon with a slide.
Finish the dates with a blender and mix with cumin. There is a teaspoon for half an hour before a meal, you can drink a glass of water. The course lasts until the symptoms stop.to contents ^
- grated ginger root - 1 teaspoon;
- cardamom powder - pinch;
- saffron - pinch;
- dried dates - 10 pieces.
Dates should be put in a glass container or jar, add spices on top, mix thoroughly and put for 2 weeks in a dark place to insist. Then you have to eat 1 fruit every morning until breakfast.to contents ^
For colds and to strengthen the immunity
Composition( all products are taken in equal parts):
- honey floral;
- grated ginger;
- black cumin.
Dates should be cleaned of seeds and chopped in a blender along with the rest of the ingredients. The mixture should be kept in a glass jar in the refrigerator, there are 1-2 teaspoons with tea every day. If instead of honey take any natural syrup, then the mixture can be brought to a boil on the stove, then the real jam will turn out.to table of contents ^
Daily to consume 80 grams of dates, washed down with green tea, which reduces pressure and decoction of field horsetail about 20 milliliters.to table of contents ^
- bones date - 30 pieces;
- filtered water - 1 liter.
Bones are piled in a saucepan, poured from above with water and put on a plate. After the water boils, the bones are boiled for another 10 minutes under the lid, the fire can be reduced. Take half a cup before meals.
Date stones should be slightly dried in the oven or left for a few days on the table. Then they are ground into a powder in a coffee grinder and they use 1 teaspoonful each, when digestion problems occur. The effect of this agent is the same as that of activated carbon.to table of contents ^
In case of dystrophy
In rice decoction, cook a few dates and take this medicine daily for 1 glass before eating.to the table of contents ^
In the cosmetology of
Interest in the use of the bone of the date appeared even among the ancient inhabitants of the Middle East. Women noticed that the date oil perfectly helps to maintain youthful skin, nourishes the hair, strengthens the nails. For this, the product was applied directly to the desired area of the body.
Now it is used in the production of cosmetics. To see the date oil in the composition can be quite rare, but it is almost always a guarantee of a good result. If you get a bottle of pure oil, you can prepare your home cosmetic product yourself or enrich the available.to the table of contents ^
Mask for the growth of eyelashes
From the dried dates get a stone, the fruit is sent to a hot dry frying pan. It is necessary to ensure that it completely burned down. The ash of the date is mixed with a small amount of water and used on eyelashes. To do this, using an old brush from the carcass carefully apply the mixture from the roots to the tips and leave for the night. In the morning the remains are gently washed off with water so that the ashes do not get into the eyes.to the table of contents ^
- date oil - 1 tablespoon;
- avocado oil - 1 tablespoon;
- essential oil ylang-ylang - 3 drops.
Mix all the ingredients, heat a little on a water bath and spread over the entire length of the hair. Keep under a towel for about an hour, then wash off with shampoo. You can make this mask once a week, the result will appear immediately: the hair is smooth and shiny.to contents ^
- date oil - 1 teaspoon;
- egg yolk - 1 piece.
The yolk must be beaten with a fork and mixed with butter. Spread the mixture over the face and neck, leave for 15 minutes and rinse with cool water. Make a mask 2 times a week. It perfectly nourishes the skin, prevents its aging, smoothes fine wrinkles.to the table of contents ^
In the cooking of
In cooking, these fruits are most often used in the following cases:
- when making sweets;
- for muesli bars;
- as the basis for the cake;
- as a sweetener and sweetener for smoothies and smoothies.
Often used not pure fruit, and syrup from dates. The benefits and harms of such a product remain unchanged, since it is made only from dates and water without additional sweeteners. It turns out a kind of sauce, which is added to ice cream, pancakes and other desserts.to contents ^
Sweets from dried fruits
- dried apricots, dates, white raisins - 10 pieces each;
- Prunes - 5 pieces;
- nuts - not more than 30 grams.
All the ingredients must be ground in a blender. Nuts should be chopped finely with a knife, and then added to the grinded dried fruits. Then you have to moisten your hands with cold water and form small balls from the mass. They are put on a cutting board and sent to the refrigerator to freeze. For the recipe, you can use many other dried fruits, as well as add cocoa and coconut chips.
- oat flakes - 200 grams;
- dates - 20 pieces;
- dried apricots, prunes, raisins, figs and other dried fruits - to taste;
- nuts - 50 grams;
- honey or any syrup - how much will the mass take.
You need to grind the nuts and dried fruits with a blender, as the mass comes out quite sticky, doing it best in parts. Then mix everything with oat flakes and add honey or syrup for viscosity. Then, heat the oven to 180 degrees, and cover the baking sheet with baking paper.
Mass lay out a large layer thickness of 1 centimeter and level. In the oven, bake for 15 minutes, and then cut the hot workpiece into equal rectangles. To store such bars is best in the refrigerator, it is most convenient to carry it in foil with you. Since black raisins can be bitter, for this recipe it is better to opt for white.to the table of contents ^
It happens that a child does not sleep well, and then before going to bed he can give warm milk with the finely chopped dates, a sweet drink for sure the kid will drink with pleasure.
- milk - 1 glass;
- dates - 1-2 pieces.
Milk needs to be heated a little, add dates to it without seeds and beat the mixture with a blender. Milk can and does not heat, and then you get a kind of milkshake. When whipping to it, you can add a couple of slices of a chopped banana.to contents ^
How to choose
When choosing dates, you should be guided by the following criteria:
- country of origin;
- the size of the fetus;
- method of preparation;
- terms of sale.
Dates are supplied mainly from Iran, Tunisia, Egypt and Algeria, although they grow in many other countries. The country of origin does not always affect the taste, but if there is a choice between dates from the USA or Egypt, it is better to choose the second option.
The size of the fruit is affected by the variety: the quality dates should be approximately the same size, with no prominent specimens. Large varieties are more expensive, but taste does not differ from smaller ones.
Next, it is worth considering the way of cooking: drying or drying. Sun-dried dates are more juicy, they have a bright shine, very sticky to the touch. These are convenient to use in baking or eat yourself.
And here for smoothies and date paste it is better to use dates dried, which have a more plastic pulp and are more finely mashed in puree. But both groups of fruits should not have external flaws, traces of damage and the like.
And last, what the buyer should pay attention to, this is what they get the dates from when they are sold. Capacities should be closed with a lid, especially if the trade is carried out on the street. The seller must put fruit in the package either with his hands in gloves, or with a special plastic spatula. Incorrect storage of dates can spoil a truly high-quality product.to the table of contents ^
How to use
The first thing to remember - dates should be washed before use. Since they are quite sticky, during transportation, dust, hairs and other debris could get attached to them, which you need to get rid of. For washing, tap water is suitable, then the dates are laid out on a paper towel and allowed to dry.
To consume them best on their own, like sweets. You can prepare with them smoothies, used in baking, add to dairy products.to contents ^
How to store
Everyone should decide for himself, in what form the fruit will be stored: in clean or dirty. On the one hand, it is much more convenient to get a clean fruit from the jar and immediately eat it than wash it in the sink and wait until it dries. On the other hand, if you do not dry the dates after washing, they can deteriorate during storage.
They can be stored in several places:
- in the refrigerator( up to a year);
- in the freezer( up to 5 years);
- on the shelf in the closet( up to six months).
These tips apply only to those fruits that are dried or dried, fresh dates can not be stored in a standard cupboard. Keep the product in a jar with a loose lid or holes to avoid the appearance of mold.to table of contents ^
Harm and contraindications
Contraindications in dates are few:
- individual intolerance;
- diabetes mellitus( consultation with a doctor is needed);
- various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, limiting the use of cellulose;
Sometimes manufacturers for the best storage process fruits with chemicals, for example, sulfur dioxide, this can lead to irritation of the gastric mucosa.