The beauty of nails excites every woman, because the hands are almost always in sight, and often depends on their appearance the general impression of the image. Every year in the nail industry there are new products aimed at obtaining a quality, beautiful, persistent manicure. But there are also proven tools for years that will never go out of fashion, such as a nail biogel. This coating not only allows you to get perfectly groomed nails, but also significantly strengthens them without damaging the structure.
Biogel made a real breakthrough several years ago, ahead of the popular at that time helium varnish and acrylic. Unlike other artificial coatings, the biogel is absolutely safe and can be used both for nail extensions or restoration, and simply for a beautiful bright manicure.
Features of biogel
It is increasingly used for manicure and pedicure, as it gives the nails a natural and well-groomed appearance, does not cause any harm, even restores and strengthens, stimulates growth.
What is a biogel? It is a plastic material used as a decorative coating for nails, it does not contain any toxic substances.
All resins in its composition are of natural origin and are extracted from a teak tree that grows in South Asia. Resins are responsible for the formation of a strong, but elastic coating, resistant to the appearance of cracks. This manicure lasts as long as possible - up to 3 weeks.
- Biogel for nails is significantly different from other popular coatings, because more than half consists of protein, which is responsible for nutrition and restoration of the nail plate. Also included in the composition are calcium, vitamins A and E.
- Very popular is the build-up of biogel, this manicure, unlike acrylic, looks as natural as possible, and the nails themselves are durable and do not break.
- Biogel coating is used to strengthen the nail plates, their nutrition, restore the damaged or weakened structure. This material is recommended to use after removal of accrued nails, in particular, acrylic, when the natural are badly spoiled.
- The composition itself is colorless, so decorative coatings or patterns are applied after it. There are also colored species, they are usually transparent. Biogel is often used as a transparent base for a jacket or drawing pictures on the nails.
- Biogel forms a strong breathable coating.
- Gives the nails a well-groomed, healthy look, returns shine.
- It looks natural.
- The components included in its composition prevent the destruction of nail plates, make them stronger, more even.
- During the application, the structure of the nail is not destroyed, as well as after it. Increases natural growth.
- Between applications, you can not take breaks.
- Easy application, as well as self-removal makes the coating affordable for many girls.
- No contraindications for pregnant or lactating women.
Drawbacks of the
- Removal of the coating is carried out with a means containing acetone, which requires further care of the nail plate, its nutrition and moistening.
- Cover "afraid" of cleaning products containing alcohol or acetone, work should be done only with gloves.
- Correction is required every 2 weeks.
- Constraints in the design. Today there are not so many colors of the coating, most often it is applied in a transparent or solid shade, after which the painting is done.
Biogel differs from other types of coatings
Biogel has several features that distinguish it from other decorative coatings for manicure:
- It allows the nail plate and the area around it to breathe, which other means can not. Thanks to this, the nail growth is not slowed down, but even stimulated.
- If we consider biogel as a means for building, then unlike acrylic, it can be used on thin and brittle nails without harming them. This is due to the fact that the surface of the nail plate does not cut down for better adhesion to the material, but it is treated with a special acid-free primer that acts as a base.
- Nail extensions that are biogel are less durable than acrylic nails, but they look more natural. After removing the biogel, you can immediately apply it again or build up with its help nails of any length, since it does not take time to restore and rest the nail plates.
- Due to the protein in the composition, a smooth film forms, which does not fill all irregularities of the plate. This is exactly what distinguishes the biogel from gel-varnish or acrylic, which, filling all the microcracks and roughness, severely injures the nail when removed.
- The drawings or varnish applied over the biogel can be changed without removing the coating itself. To do this, it is enough to wipe the decorative layer with a nail polish remover( without acetone!) And apply a new one.
- Biogel is considered a completely natural material, as it does not contain harmful substances such as acetone, acrylic acid, etc. It can be used even during pregnancy, and it is not contraindicated to allergic people.
Biogel or shellac?
Many girls wonder what is better - shellac or biogel? Both coatings are very popular and allow you to get a quality, persistent manicure.
Manicure with biogel Manicure with shellac
They have similar features:
- Both products are a mixture of gel and varnish, they give a stable and durable coating that can hold up to 3 weeks without losing sight.
- Nails get a natural and well-groomed appearance, a permanent shine.
- The products do not harm the structure of the nail plate, because before cutting they do not require cutting to improve adhesion to the surface.
- Both products contain natural harmless substances, so allergies and pregnant women can do such a manicure.
- Both coatings are very durable, resistant to scratches. But it is important to avoid contact of nails with the means containing acetone, as it dissolves these compounds.
- Correction for each type of manicure is made on average once every 2-3 weeks.
- Removal of both coatings is easy with the help of special compounds.
But biogel and shellac have some differences:
- With the help of biogel, you can adjust the shape of the nail and build up, and shellac allows you to get only a decorative coating.
- Biogel has the property of self-leveling, evenly distributed over the surface of the nail.
- Biogel restores and strengthens the surface of the nail plates, and shellac does it only visually, under it the nail remains as fragile or thin as it was, although it looks stronger and thicker.
- Nails covered with biogel continue to breathe, while shellac implies a dense coating.
- The number of shades of biogel is very limited, so it is often combined with conventional varnishes. Shellac often do without drawings, and biogel, on the contrary, is often accompanied by all sorts of ornaments.
- The cost of biogel is usually higher than that of shellac.
Which is better - each solves for itself. If the target is only a persistent decorative coating, then shellac will do. And the nails, which need to be reconstructed or extended, should be covered with biogel.
Biogel application at home
It is possible to apply biogels by adjusting or increasing nails with it, even at home, but this will require not only the appropriate skills, but also a certain set of tools:
- A set of biogels, including finish gel and liquid to remove the sticky layer.
- Roller for grinding.
- UV lamp.
The application itself occurs in several stages:
- Before handling the biogel, the hands should be treated with an antiseptic.
- Use a wooden stick to move the cuticles and correct them.
- Make the nail polishing with a roller, taking care not to damage the structure.
- Apply the degreasing primer, and after it another one - to improve the adhesion of the product to the nail. Sometimes you can do only one thing, it depends on the manufacturer. Dry it well.
- Use a brush to apply biogel in the direction from the edge to the cuticle, not bringing to the last about 2 mm.
- Dry under a UV lamp.
- If necessary, repeat the application procedure up to 2-3 layers. At this stage, you can correct the irregularities by removing the sticky layer with a wash without acetone and gently polishing the desired areas.
- Apply a layer of finish gel, then remove the sticky layer.
- Apply oil to the cuticle.
You can also use a biogel for a pedicure in a similar way.
Biogel nail alignment + color coating. Video
Many do not know how to remove biogel from nails.
- For this, you do not need to cut the coating, just soak it in a special liquid containing acetone or isopropyl alcohol.
- Withstand compresses on her nails for at least 10 minutes.
- The remnants of the product can be carefully scraped off with a wooden stick. After removal of the biogel, it is recommended to moisten the nails by making an oil bath, as the acetone dries strongly.
Ideas for manicure
- The most popular manicure with biogel - French. By the line of a smile it is possible to put a painting or paste on separate fingers of a rhinestone.
- Classic monochrome manicure will be appropriate everywhere. This year, give preference to natural shades. To avoid becoming bored, dilute it with bright patches on individual fingers. Manicure with biogel
- Flower ornaments never go out of fashion. Combine them with a one-color manicure in pastel colors or a jacket. Will complement the painting with glitters or sequins.
- The combination of two or more shades always looks fresh and original. It can be lines, geometric shapes, multi-colored dots. Effectively look contrasting combinations, for example, scarlet in the base plate with mint on the rest of the surface.
- Stained glass jacket. It looks best on long, square nails. In this case, the main part of the plate is covered with a transparent composition, and the tips - with a dark color imitating a shade of stained glass. Complement the manicure bright rhinestones.
- Original manicure in the style of ombre will be good for nails of different lengths. Transitions of hues can be from smooth to contrasting. You can alternate colors from the thumb to the little finger.
- Animal print emphasizes bright nature. Classic leopard with a red background or black spots on a dark background.
- Lunar manicure of different shades will look very impressive, especially on short nails.
Video on the subject: