Adding hot pepper to any dish will give it a piquancy, make the taste brighter and more harmonious. Hot pepper has different names - chili, cayenne, bitter, burning, besides the usual red color, the pepper can have other shades - yellow, dark green, olive, burgundy. Regardless of the name and color, sharp pepper varieties will bring a lot of benefit to the body: the use of this vegetable stimulates blood circulation, speeds up metabolism, strengthens immunity and improves mood. The undoubted advantage is that it is possible to prepare a variety of blanks from hot pepper for the winter: in the form of seasoning, lettuce, pickle pepper whole or in the form of pasta and sauce. Blanks from hot peppers are often much tastier than fresh summer vegetables.
How to prepare
Before you start choosing the method and directly preparing the blanks from hot pepper for the winter, you need to conduct preparatory procedures. After all, hot pepper contains ingredients that can irritate the skin and mucous, so you should always work with gloves( especially if your hands have scratches and cuts), and also prepare a gauze bandage for the face.
Preparation of pepper does not take long, it is enough to rinse, dry, in some cases, peppers are removed seeds, which contribute to the allocation of even more bitterness during storage.
It is advisable to prepare a hot pepper for winter in several ways, because the chosen method will envy the continued use of the vegetable. For example, dried and ground chili is used as a condiment for salads, snacks and main courses, canned pepper can be served as a snack or added to sauces and second courses, dried whole pepper serves as seasoning, it is added to hot dishes and even used as a decoration. The shelf life also depends on the chosen method.
You can dry the bitter pepper whole, hang it by the pedicle and dry it right in the room on the rope. So the vegetable will not only not lose its useful properties, but also retain a beautiful appearance.
There is another way to dry the pepper to use it as a seasoning. For this it is necessary:
- to pass pods of sharp pepper through a meat grinder;
- the resulting mass is spread out on a baking sheet and dried at a temperature of 60 degrees to the desired consistency;
- to be placed in a bag or container, it is possible to mix the powder and salt first.
A blank prepared in this way can be stored for up to 12 months.
Hot pepper is very convenient to store in the freezer, with this method, the loss of nutrients, appearance and taste of the product will be minimal. In order to properly freeze hot pepper for the winter, it is necessary to perform a number of simple actions:
- pods to sort out, remove corrupted and rotten specimens;Rinse and dry
- endure two minutes in boiling water, it will provide better safety and will reduce acuity if the pepper is too burning;
- if desired, you can remove seeds from pepper;
- so that the workpiece takes up less space, it is cut into thin strips or threaded one on top of the other;
- , then the pepper is spread in one layer on a pallet or placed in a special container( bag with a fastener), and placed in a freezer.
The shelf-life of such product is not more than 12 months, it is impossible to re-freeze pepper.
To make a billet from hot pepper, it is not necessary to pick it up and turn it into jars, you can pick it up, fill the brine and withstand some time under the load. This method is considered more useful than canning, but it is stored less.
- 1 kilogram of bitter pepper;
- 15 grams of assorted greens( parsley, celery, basil, dill);
- 60 grams of garlic;
- 1 liter of water;
- 60 ml of vinegar 9%;
- 50 grams of salt.
How to Cook:
- Peppers to stick a toothpick in the area of the peduncle, spread on a baking tray and bake in the oven until soft( so the pickles will taste better).
- Cool, compact in layers in pre-sterilized jars.
- On each of the layers of pepper lay garlic and greens.
- In the boiling salted water pour the vinegar, cool and pour the liquid with pepper.
- Put on top of the bend and leave to be salted 21 days at room temperature.
- Store on refrigerator shelf.
This is the most delicious way to keep the hot pepper for the winter. There are a lot of recipes for pickling, but the principle is the same for all - pepper is spread in glass sterilized jars, poured with marinade, prepared on the basis of vinegar and salt with the addition of spices, and clogged with sterile lids. Depending on the formulation before blockage, cans of pepper are sterilized in boiling water or cooked without sterilization.
There are a few tricks that will help to avoid annoying blunders during pickling:
- baked pepper batch, unlike other vegetable spins, does not need a lot of spices, enough small cloves, peppercorns, ginger and garlic;
- salt use only large, not iodized;
- for the twist to choose small jars up to 1 liter;
- to store pickled peppers can be 12-18 months in a darkened cool room;
- to make the taste of pickled peppers softer, it is prepared with pieces of sweet pepper, carrots or onions.
Recipe: hot pepper in a spicy marinade
Ingredients per liter jar:
- pepper to take as much as fit in the jar;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- 2 laurel leaves;
- several peas of black pepper;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- dill, coriander, horseradish to taste;
- 60 ml.vinegar 9%.
- Put the spices on the bottom of the sterile jar, on them are washed and dried pepper pods.
- Pour boiling water, pour salt directly into the jar and pour the vinegar.
- Cover the container with a lid and place in a container with moderately boiling water.
- Sterilize the workpiece for 12-15 minutes.
- Seal the jar with a lid and cool in an inverted state.
Sour hot pepper for the winter
In order to ferment the bitter pepper, in addition to salt, nothing is needed. The very process of sourcing is stretched for a long period of time, including the preparatory stage and the time of the leaven itself. But the peppers are very delicious, this is one of the best recipes for the preparation of hot pepper for the winter.
You will need:
- 1.4 kg of chili pepper;
- 12 large spoons of salt.
How to cook:
- Spread peppers on a flat surface( tray or tray) and leave for 2 days to dry and wrinkle.
- Make fruit in punctures in several places with a fork or toothpick.
- Put the peppers in a bowl, where they will be sour, and pour brine from cold boiled water and salt. The water should be so much as to cover the vegetables completely.
- Set on top of the bending and leave for 72 hours at room temperature.
- Drain the first brine, fill with fresh and again put under load, for 5 days.
- Then pepper pods in a sterile jar and pour fresh brine.
- Close the cap nylon and put it in the refrigerator.
Spicy seasoning for the winter
This seasoning is served with any dish, side dish and meat, add to the sauces. To keep it longer, during cooking, you can pour a little vinegar and / or vegetable oil into the jar.
- 5 pods of bitter pepper;
- 800 grams of sweet peppers;
- 80 grams of garlic;
- 3 small spoons of salt.
- Sweet pepper to rinse, cut out the core, treat on a meat grinder along with garlic and pods of hot pepper.
- Sprinkle salt, put in small sterile jars and close the lid.
- If desired, pour the vinegar and a little oil, store on the shelf of the refrigerator.
Having prepared a hot pepper for the winter, you will provide yourself with a wonderful seasoning that will help to keep warm in the cold evenings!