What is the most delicious in any Easter cake? Of course, sweet! So beautiful, sweet, alluring. Let's face it, we all tried to pick the top of the cake as a child. In fact, it is not so difficult to prepare a tasty icing, besides, the fudge for the Easter cake is prepared according to different recipes, so you can always choose the option that you personally like.
Traditional fudge with egg
In most cases, fondant for cakes is cooked with egg. It turns out, firstly, beautiful( a real white hat, which is well adhered to any jewelry), and secondly, incredibly tasty, tender and airy.
Some landlords are afraid to take up the preparation of this version of jewelry, because they are worried that the fudge will not stiffen properly. Before Easter, even in the stores there are blanks for this decoration - packages with a dry mixture, in which you need to add egg white and whip it. In fact, you can perfectly cope with cooking even without such store "cribs."
For preparation you will need the following components:
- egg white - 1 piece;
- powdered sugar - 200 g( approximately);
- lemon juice - 1 tsp;
- food coloring - on the tip of the knife( optional).
The preparation of the sweet according to this recipe takes place in several stages.
- The egg protein must be placed in a bowl and shaken slightly with a fork or mixer at a slow speed. As a result, a light foam should form on the surface of the protein.
- Next in the bowl you need to add half of the whole volume of powdered sugar and gently mix everything.
- To the sugar and egg mixture, add a little lemon juice and mix again. At this stage, the mixture should turn white.
- Now you can turn on the mixer and start whipping the mixture until it thickens. Gradually add the remaining powdered sugar in small portions to it. You can add more or less powder, depending on the desired density of sweets.
- If you want to make a color decoration for a cake, then the dye should be added to the mixture at the very last. It needs to be mixed very carefully so that the color turns out to be beautiful and uniform.
That's it, now you can paint your creation neatly on the cake. Do not forget that any sprinkling should be applied to protein fondant for cakes immediately, otherwise it just will not stick.
How to make a protein glaze - video
Recommendations for working with egg fudge for cakes
Since fondant based on protein and powdered sugar is the most popular option for housewives, let's take a closer look at the rules for working with this product. Thanks to the following tips, you will get very beautiful kulichiki "as from pictures".
- Never apply glaze on hot pastries. In this case, it simply melt and spread. Wait for the complete cooling of your cakes.
- Do not rush to cut the cakes, give the glaze the opportunity to completely freeze. However, if it is sufficiently well-beaten by a mixer, then the hardening will pass very quickly. But if you are very much in a hurry, put the products in the oven at a low temperature( no more than 130 degrees), this will speed up the process. Only in this case do not leave the cakes without attention, since if you overstay them in the oven, the glaze will darken.
- Do not cook sweets beforehand. It freezes very quickly, so whisk the proteins with sugar immediately before the beginning of the decorating process.
- Powder should be applied immediately after glaze. However, if you did not have time to do this, and the glaze froze, do not worry, just paint the white surface with confectionery markers. Will be no less attractive.
- You can apply the sweet on the rosy surface of a cake in many ways. Here are the three most convenient. The first is using a pastry brush. The second is a dipping cake in a large bowl with a sweet. The third is using a confectioner's bag. The third option is more preferable, since it allows to give the tip an interesting shape.
- Try to first apply a thin layer of jam on the surface, and only then glaze. Firstly, so it will lie evenly, and secondly, such a solution will make the taste of your kulichki even more vivid and original.
Glaze based on lemon juice
Now many housewives are increasingly abandoning protein glaze, as they do not want to eat raw egg whites. Many believe that this way you can get infected with worms. However, this applies only to domestic, not store eggs. In any case, to use or not to use egg white to decorate Easter cakes is up to you. Even without this ingredient, you can cook the same white and no less delicious glaze with lemon juice.
For its preparation you will need only two ingredients:
- Sugar powder - 100 gr.
- Lemon juice - 2-3 tbsp.spoons.
If you do not like lemons very much or if you want the fondant to turn out not so sweet and sour, you can use the juice of other fruits. The juice of pineapples and oranges is the most successful in this recipe.
However, if you urgently need to make sugar sweet, you can do without juice at all. Just heat in a saucepan of ordinary water and add a powder of sugar to it, stirring until the mixture thickens.
Preparing sugar fudge for cakes is extremely simple. All you need to do is thoroughly rub the two ingredients together until uniform. To avoid lumps, you can pre-sift the powdered sugar through a sieve.
Sugar glaze for cakes without eggs - video
Cakes with brown top look less traditional, however not less attractive. Chocolate is loved by both adults and children, so with this variant of fudge you will not lose.
For this recipe, prepare the following products:
- dark or milk chocolate - 100 g( one standard tile);
- powdered sugar - 150 g;
- butter - 50 g;
- cocoa( in powder) - 4 tbsp.spoons;
- milk - 6-7 tbsp.spoons;
- potato starch - 1 teaspoon.
Despite the for a large number of ingredients, the cooking process remains simple and straightforward. Let's break it into five points and analyze each of them.
- Sugar powder and fresh milk should be combined and mixed thoroughly to get rid of the lumps. This milk mixture should be placed on a slow fire and wait until it boils.
- After the mixture boils, it can add butter and broken pieces of chocolate.
- Constantly stirring, you need to wait until the chocolate is completely dissolved.
- The next step is to add the remaining ingredients - potato starch and cocoa powder. It is important to mix everything thoroughly and achieve complete homogeneity.
- The mixture is ready to be applied to the surface of the cake. Apply it should be warm, but not hot.
By the way, this glaze is suitable not only for cakes, but also for traditional Easter cottage cheese. The combination of cottage cheese and chocolate is always winning and successful. In addition, you can experiment, using not dark( or milk) chocolate, and white. This glaze will have a beautiful shade and a pleasant milky flavor.
Glaze "Toffee" on
milk Surprisingly, the icing for Easter bunnies can be cooked even on milk with the addition of our favorite sweets from childhood - toffee. Preparing the yummy for this recipe, you probably surprise all your friends, because such a variant of fondness is infrequent.
- Candies "toffee"( solid) - 200 g.
- Butter - 40 g.
- Milk( can be replaced with cream) - a quarter of the glass.
- Sugar powder - 1-2 tbsp.spoons( depending on how sweet you are to glaze).
So, how to make a sweetie for cakes based on milk and toffee:
- Butter should be melt, and then pour in milk or cream.
- Stirring, you need to wait until the milk and butter mixture boils.
- In the boiling mixture you need to enter the powdered sugar and completely dissolve it.
- In a homogeneous mass, it only remains to add the toffee and, stirring, wait until they dissolve and the mass again becomes homogeneous.
Sweet recipe with gelatin
Glaze with gelatin has many advantages. First, it is incredibly attractive externally. This glaze is very beautiful and glitters, it is almost a mirror.
Secondly, this version of the glaze does not completely stick to your hands. Remember the traditional eclairs, filled with chocolate. For their preparation use this glaze with gelatin.
It is very important that this ingredient does not completely degrade the taste of the product, and it is quite easy to work with it.
- Chocolate - 50 g.
- Gelatin - 3 g.
- Whey - 30 g.
You can take absolutely any chocolate for cooking and even mix several different types. As for whey, in this recipe its use is preferable, since it gives exactly the brightest shine.
However, in extreme cases, you can replace the serum with liquid cream or plain milk. Experiment to find your "own" version.
- First of all, pour gelatin with serum and allow it time to get wet and increase in volume. At this time, in a water bath or in a microwave oven, you must melt the chocolate.
- When both ingredients are ready, they need to be mixed, constantly stirring actively.
- The finished mixture should be warm during application.
You need to use it to spread this glaze in a thin layer. Keep an eye on her consistency.
Fruit and berry varieties of glaze for cakes
If you are a real fan of fruits and berries, then you can choose any variant of simple glaze based on these ingredients.
- Peel and cut apples, pour them with water and cook until soft. Rub apples through a sieve, add sugar and allow the mixture to thicken over low heat.
- Take fresh or canned apricots and cook the fondant according to the same principle as the apple one.
- Mix orange peel with orange juice and add the mixture to any basic sweet( protein or sugar).
- Add a couple of spoons of freshly squeezed cherry juice to the basic sweetener or a couple of spoons of cherry jam syrup.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raspberry liqueur with a small pinch of citric acid( or a couple drops of lemon juice), add it all to the basic sweet.
How to decorate an Easter cake?
Sweet is not the only kind of decor for an Easter cake. Usually, housewives use other decorations to emphasize the atmosphere of the holiday and to please their loved ones.
- The most usual option - a color powder from the store. However, this option is by no means finite.
- As a powder, you can also use coconut chips( ordinary or colored) and colored sugar( it is made from ordinary sugar and food colors).
- And of course, delicious and beautiful powder will be crushed dried fruits, nuts, candied fruits.
- The decor of the dough is also very beautiful. The dough for cakes is deformed during baking, therefore it is better to decorate the decorations separately from a denser dough. It is not necessary to have special talents to make complex decor. Crosses, pigtails, flowers from the dough will perfectly suit. Such decorations are attached to the surface of the cake with the help of raw egg white.
- The most creative hostesses should try to prepare decorations for cakes from sugar mastic. For this, mastic can be prepared on its own or buy a set of colored finished mastic in the store.
Whichever version of fudge and ornaments you use, the main thing is to come to the point of the soul and love. Easter is a holiday, during which it is so important to show love and care for your relatives, so prepare the most delicious and beautiful cakes for them.