Natural hair coloring agents can not only change the image, but also provide care for the curls. One of such means is basma. Thanks to the correct use of this natural dye, you can get any shade from light-brown to black without harm to the hair.
- Composition and benefits of
- Shades of
- Technique of staining
Composition and benefits of
Basma is a natural vegetable hair dye, which is a powder of a greyish-green hue. It is made from the leaves of an indigo plant, common in the tropical climatic zone.
With the help of a dye, you can get dark shades of hair from light brown to black. As a rule, this substance is used together with henna.
Basma consists of active substances, natural resins and vitamins that stimulate hair growth. Thanks to tannins, irritations are eliminated, scalp gets additional nutrition, heals.
Basma stains well, without destroying the structure and natural hair pigment. In addition, it helps to strengthen the curls, making them beautiful and shiny, improves the blood supply to the head. This natural dye miraculously fights dandruff.
After coloring with basma, the curls grow faster, get a healthy look, volume and are better combed. Moreover, basma is absolutely hypoallergenic.to the table of contents ^
Basma is able to dye the hair in different shades, the main thing is to properly observe the holding time and the proportions when mixed with henna. The final shade is also determined by the length, thickness and initial color of the hair.
To obtain a light, slightly noticeable shade, basma and henna should be mixed in equal proportions and kept on the hair for half an hour.
For a light chestnut color, the exposure time should be increased to 1 hour.
Chocolate color can be obtained by mixing basma and henna in a proportion of 1 to 3, respectively, and increasing the holding time to 1.5 hours.
Turn into a burning brunette for 1 hour, you can mix 2 parts of henna with 1 part of basma.
The perfect black color is very difficult to obtain. To do this, first for an hour you need to stain the hair with henna, and then a couple of hours of basmosa. The same way you can get rid of gray hair.
Technique for staining
- In order not to get dirty with a dye, it's better to put on an apron or old clothes.
- The contents of the package should be poured into a plastic or porcelain container. For short hair, one packet is enough, long hair will need two or three.
- Dissolve natural dye in hot water. And the hotter the water, the faster the basma will dissolve.
- Stir the mixture thoroughly so that there is no lumps in it. It should have a thick consistency.
- Apply the dye to pre-washed and well-combed hair. This must be done before the basma completely cools.
- Application is better to start from the occipital zone, gradually moving towards the crown and temples, bangs last. Apply basma from the roots, distributing the composition along the entire length.
- After finishing the procedure, the hair should be wrapped in polyethylene and wrapped in a towel.
- To get a saturated color, the dye on the hair can be kept for more than 1 hour.
- The basma is washed off with warm water. Experts do not recommend using shampoo for the first few days to give the paint an opportunity to gain a foothold.
Hair that has been painted with basma should not be subjected to chemical procedures, nor can it be painted with industrial paints, because in the end result, it is possible to obtain bright orange and green shades of hair. To seriously not harm the hair, you should wait until the basma is finally washed.
It is also dangerous to use basma, which has expired. Otherwise, the hair can become multicolored, and the scalp is very dry. Always pay attention to the release date of the product.