Garlic arrowheads have recently been eaten, previously they were considered inedible useless waste. In fact, the arrows are even more useful than the garlic itself. They can be added to various dishes as a seasoning and an additional ingredient, or harvested garlic arrows for the winter. It is important to remember that you can use only the early arrows, which have not yet blossomed. If seeds appeared on them and the bud turned into a flower, they became unfit for further processing.
- Methods of harvesting garlic shooters for the winter
- Delicious recipes
There are many ways to harvest garlic shooters for the winter: they are pickled, canned, frozen, cooked pastas and sauces. Store such products usually in small-size cans, up to 500 ml., Which before filling is necessarily sterilized with boiling water. In some ways, sterilization is carried out in two steps, first treating empty, and then filled and closed cans.
Consider the most common ways of harvesting garlic shooters.
Pickled arrows are added to a variety of stews, meat and fish dishes, salads and side dishes to create a flavor and a more intense taste. To properly marinate the arrows, you must perform a simple sequence of actions:
- Arrows( 1 kilogram) rinse and cut into small blocks.
- Make a marinade by boiling a mixture of water( 1 liter), table vinegar 9%( 100 ml) and salt( 100 g).
- Blanch the stems with boiling water for three minutes.
- Put on the bottom of the prepared spice capacity( to taste, usually use hot pepper, mustard grains, black pepper peas, bay leaf), then garlic billet and pour hot marinade.
- Cover the jar and sterilize it for at least 5 minutes, the time depends on the volume of the container.
- Clog the can, turn over and cool.
There are two ways to prepare pickled garlic arrows. The leaven does not imply the clogging of the cans, the arrows reach the desired condition under oppression for a month.
- The washed arrows are cut into cubes up to 6 cm long.
- Tightly fit into a clean and spacious container.
- Dilute sugar and salt in water( from the calculation: 70 grams per liter of water), boil, cool and pour arrows.
- Cover the container with gauze, put a plate on top of which to put pressure, while some of the liquid will protrude above the plate.
- Clean in the cold for a month.
- Wash the stems and cut into small bars.
- Dip into boiling water for a couple of minutes.
- Put several dill branches on the bottom of the container, spread the stems of garlic and dill again.
- Prepare brine from salted water and vinegar( 60-70 g salt and 30 ml vinegar 9% per liter of water).
- Fill the marinade with arrows, put the dish on top and apply a heavy, steady object.
- Leave for 14 days for fermentation, and the temperature must be at room temperature.
- Periodically during this period, it is necessary to remove the foam and add brine.
The preservation process is similar to marinating, but it has some significant differences.
- To begin with, you should prepare a marinade and pour it with arrow-cut sticks.
- Cook the mixture for 20 minutes, pour vinegar 3 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Spread the garlic with marinade into cans, tighten the lids.
- Cover the jars with a warm blanket, leave to cool.
This sauce is stored for two weeks at 4 degrees, has a piquant taste and can easily replace mayonnaise in salads and other dishes.
- On a half kilo of garlic shooter you need to take 100 grams of salt and a teaspoon of dried coriander.
- Rinse arrows and grind them using a meat grinder, or use a blender.
- Add the spices and distribute the workpiece over sterile jars.
This billet is used as a seasoning, adding a small amount to the first and main dishes, side dishes and snacks. Original sandwiches are made from it.
- Wash and grind the arrows.
- Rinse in a blender until pasta is in place.
- Put in a clean plate, add salt( a tablespoon "with a slide" per kilogram of arrows) and oil( olive, sunflower - 5-6 tablespoons).
- Transfer to a sterile container and cover with caps.
- This paste can also be stored in a freezer in special containers.
The oil in the recipe can be replaced with soft cheese or mayonnaise.
Freezing is the fastest, easiest and most useful way to store garlic hands. It will save all the vitamins and useful elements, as well as the aroma and structure of the stems. Arrows are frozen completely, cut into small blocks or grind to a mashed state.
The very process of freezing is extremely simple:
- Arrows should be washed and dried with paper napkins.
- Put a sheet of parchment on the bottom of the freezer and spread the stems with a thin layer.
- After 12 hours, the frozen arrows should be spread over packages and containers and put in a freezer.
Prepared for freezing paste immediately put in a pre-prepared container, tightly closed and stored in the freezer.
Arrows of garlic with parsley, basil, dill and thyme
Such a billet is conveniently laid out on molds( for example, for ice) and added without defrosting to any hot dishes.
You will need:
- 550 grams of garlic shooter;
- 250 grams of fresh herbs;
- spices and condiments to taste.
- Arrows of garlic and greens rinse, dry with paper towels.
- Grind with a meat grinder or blender.
- Add a lot of seasonings and spices.
- Distribute according to molds and put into the freezer.
- You can put the paste in a dry, clean container and store it in the refrigerator for a few days.
Very tasty and unusual pickled salad with tomato paste. The ingredients are designed for 4 liter cans:
- garlic hands;
- 650 ml of water;
- 450 grams of tomato paste;
- 1 large spoon of salt;
- 100 grams of sugar;
- 100 ml of olive oil;
- 50 ml of vinegar 9%.
- Dissolve the tomato paste in water.
- Add oil and salt, then sugar, bring to a boil.
- Cut the stems of garlic with 3-4 cm brushes, transfer to boiling brine.
- Cooking a quarter of an hour.
- Pour apple cider vinegar and hold for 4 more minutes.
- Dispense according to the treated containers and close well.
Arrows of garlic in soy sauce
Soy sauce and coriander will give a special oriental note to the garlic arrows. On a liter jar you will need:
- 450 grams of garlic arrow;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 45 ml of soy sauce;
- 45 ml of olive oil;
- for 1 large spoonful of salt, vinegar and sugar;
- 3 small spoons of paprika;
- a small spoonful of coriander;
- a pair of black peppercorns.
- The washed and dried arrows cut into bars.
- Fry 12 minutes without a lid in hot oil.
- Pour in the vinegar and soy sauce, bring to a boil.
- Add sugar, crushed garlic and other spices.
- Stew for 6 minutes.
- Mix the mixture in a jar and sterilize it for 10 minutes from the boiling point of the water.
- Then you can roll up the lid.
Seasoning for hot dishes
Fast way to billet from a minimum of ingredients. This seasoning is stored in the refrigerator and used as an additive in the first and main dishes instead of the usual salt.
- arrows of garlic;
- bunch of dill;
Method of preparation:
- Garlic stems and dill twisted in a meat grinder.
- Mix with salt, the paste should be very well salted.
- Place in a sterile container, top with salt.
- Cover the lids with boiling water, wipe and cover the jars.