Cough is one of the most unpleasant symptoms of colds and other respiratory problems. By analogy with other manifestations of catarrhal disease, this symptom must be treated separately. To cure a cough, you can use tablets, syrups, suspensions, drops and solutions for inhalation.
One of the most effective drugs today is syrup Gelisal. It can be used to treat cough in children and adults, and thanks to its plant composition, one can not worry about the harmful effects on the body. The only thing that can arise is an allergy to plant extracts used to produce syrup.
- 1 Action
- 1.1 Composition
- 2 Application for children
- 3 Application for adults
- 4 Price
- 5 Analogs
- 6 Reviews
Syrup Gelisal is based on ivy leaves, so it has an excellent therapeutic effect in the treatment of colds and ARVI. This drug has a powerful antitussive effect, so it is used to stop the cough directly. In addition, Gelisal is characterized by expectorant action.
With an unproductive cough, it makes the secret less viscous and positively affects its quick evacuation from the lungs. During the release of the respiratory tract, the patient has a light breathing and eventually the unpleasant symptom goes away.
Assign Gelisal for the treatment of infectious-inflammatory diseases of the respiratory tract, or more precisely in the therapy:
- acute and chronic bronchitis;
- of bronchial asthma;
- bronchospasm, difficult secretion and a pathological increase in its viscosity.
If you do not comply with the exact dosage of the drug, then a number of side effects may occur, including: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and allergies.
The peculiarity of Gelisal is that plant components were used for its production. The syrup is based on the active substance - dry extract of ivy leaves. Also the composition contains a number of additional constituents:
- propylene glycol,
- sorbitol 70%,
- macrogol glycerol hydroxy stearate,
- potassium sorbate,
- acid citric monohydrate,
- anise flavor,
- purified water.
On video - cough syrup Gelisal:
Application for children
The drug has a pleasant aroma, so small patients are happy to take the medicine. The dosage of the syrup is given according to the age of the patient. For children 5-10 years old take 2.5 ml of medication 3 times a day.
According to the instructions for patients 1-5 years - 2.5 ml 2 times a day. But toddlers to use Gelisal for a year after the doctor's approval was received. In no case should parents give the medicine in a higher dosage. The duration of therapy will be a week.
After 2-3 days, the symptoms of a cold can pass, but this is not a reason to refuse to take a medication.
Application for adults
Use the drug adults need 5 ml 3 times a day. As prescribed by the pediatrician, the dosage can be changed. In this case, he takes into account the severity of the ailment and the severity of the cough reflex. Independently to exceed the dosage and the general course of therapy is not recommended. You can notice the positive dynamics already after 7 days of reception.
How do I take it to pregnant women? Studies to determine the safe effect of Helisal in pregnant women have not been conducted. In addition, there is no clear data on how the syrup affects the health of the baby. It is possible to use the drug only for the doctor's prescription, which will determine the necessary dosage.
What to do when the baby has a dry cough without fever and what medicines are worth using, will help to understand this article.
It will also be interesting to know what can be cured during pregnancy.
And here's what to do when a child has coughing up a cough and what medicines should be used, will help to understand this information: http: //prolor.ru/g/ bolezni-g /kashel/ zamuchil-chto-delat.html
You may also be interested in learning about what to do,when the child has an asthmatic cough.
Gelisal syrup can be purchased at any pharmacy without a prescription. The cost of a 100 ml bottle will be 86 rubles.
If you can not find Gelisal in the pharmacy( which is the instruction for using the gelasal cough syrup, this article will help you understand), you can use drugs that have a different composition for cough treatment, but are similar in terms of the active component and the effected. The following analogs with Gelisal coincide with ATC codes. Only dosages can differ, which only a doctor can determine for each medicine.
The effective analogues of the syrup in question are:
- Gelomyrtol forte;
- Oregano grass;
- Plantain large leaves;
- Ledum shoots.(and how effective the Ledger's herb from coughing will help to understand this article.)
Maybe you will also be interested to know why the child has a wheezing cough and how to deal with this problem independently with their own hands.
What to do when persistent pursues a cough, runny nose, headache, but everything runs without temperature.
And that's why after a meal there is a cough and how you can manage this problem with your own hands, this article will help you understand.
- Anna, 32 years old: "With the help of Gelisal syrup, I was able to cope quickly with a cough. At first I fell ill with a cold. But it only made itself felt with sore throat and runny nose. I began to take measures aimed at eliminating the described symptoms. But only after 3 days I began to lay my throat, and then a dry and rending cough arose. In the beginning I treated him at home, but when his intensity increased, and at night I could not sleep properly, but decided to go to the doctor. He prescribed me Gelisal, which I used 5 ml 4 times a day. After 3 days, I was relieved. Cough began to transform into a damp, and sputum began to recede. Completely cure the disease I managed after 7 days. "
- Xenia, 37 years old: "With the help of Gelisal, I was able to eliminate a cough that arose on the background of bronchitis, a child 10 years old. I decided not to delay going to the doctor, so immediately after the appearance of the first symptoms we went to the pediatrician. She immediately appointed us Gelisal. We took it for 5 days to 2.5 ml 3 times a day. Due to the fact that we turned in time to the doctor, we managed to quickly get rid of the cough and prevent the chronicity of the pathological process. "
- Ilya, 23 years old: "Initially, Gelisal syrup was taken by my younger brother, who treated cough with the flu. Then, against the background of the common cold, this unpleasant symptom struck my body. But I did not immediately begin to treat it. But when he did not let me sleep and work, I decided to buy the syrup in question at the pharmacy and started accepting it. Of course, I could not get rid of my cough so quickly. I took the medicine for 10 days. Then the dry cough replaced the wet cough, which was accompanied by the spitting of phlegm. "
Gelisal in the syrup format is another effective drug that is indispensable in eliminating the unpleasant symptoms of colds and other diseases of the respiratory system. The syrup has a pleasant fruity taste, due to which it can be given even to the youngest children. And although the composition of the drug contains natural components, it should be taken only after the therapist's approval.