Fluoxetine is a popular antidepressant. He is prescribed for obsessive-compulsive disorder syndromes. Manifestations of this pathological condition consist in the desire for over-accuracy. Also, the remedy is quite effective in depressive states, with bulimia and anorexia.
Fluoxetine for weight loss. What it is?
Fluoxetine is a medicine that effectively lowers the feeling of hunger, so it is successfully taken for weight loss.
Some women take fluoxetine for weight loss. But if you think logically, then taking antidepressants for weight loss is really unreasonable.
- This tool is very effective in treating depression, doctors are trying to get a person out of a closed and depressed state.
- Also experts recommend the administration of fluoxetine for excessive overeating( bulimia) and anorexia. What is bulimia nervosa( signs, treatment) - video:
Assign it to these diseases only because they have a psychological nature of occurrence. Only how many doctors say how much to take this medicine. Everything depends on the specific disease and the severity of its development.
How to take Fluoxetine for weight loss
Fluoxetine for weight loss should be taken gradually. The initial dose is 20 mg. Dosage will increase, and decrease at the end of treatment.
- First take a dose of 20 mg, dividing it into 2 doses.
- After an incident of 7 days, increase the dosage by another 20 mg.
- To complete the medication, you need to lower the dose in advance. So you can avoid the withdrawal syndrome.
- It is necessary to lower the dosage on a weekly basis by 20 mg.
There may appear more serious and unpleasant sensations in the form of:
- of insomnia;
- irritability and nausea.
When depressed, fluoxetine is taken 1 tablet daily in the morning( 20 mg tablet).With bulimia, anorexia - 3 tablets, OCD - 1-3 tablets.
- Usually prescribes drinking for at least 3-4 weeks. Then a break takes place for 2-3 months. In any of these cases, you should avoid an overdose: you can not take fluoxetine more than 80 mg per day. This 4 tablets of 20 mg.
Prescribes the remedy only by a doctor, and it is prohibited in free sale( sold under the prescription).Do not forget that preparations containing fluoxetine have different contents.
If the desire to apply fluoxetine for weight loss is so huge, then it is possible, but only lowering the dose 2 times( start with 10 mg daily and reach only 20 mg).Fluoxetine: how does the mass decrease?
There are three mechanisms of action of fluoxetine on weight reduction.
Fluoxetine lowers appetite
This is the first and main mechanism of action of the drug. An important side effect of taking fluoxetine for weight loss is anorexia.
Taking it, the person starts eating less and less. The body gets a small amount of calories, and the fat subcutaneous stocks are launched. They burn and are consumed. The person begins to lose weight.
There is a stimulation of the nervous system
Any person knows the truth: "To lose weight, you have to eat a little and move a lot."Fluoxetine acts on the brain, causing the person to expend stored energy.
Huge influence on the emotional and psychic sphere. Fluoxetine improves mood, activates a person. Activating, any person begins to reduce the extra accumulated calories. The consequence is weight loss.
During a depressed state, people start smoking, drinking alcohol, abstracting from others. And some begin to eat a lot and overeat.
It should be remembered that if there is no depressive state, then there is no overeating. This is more about the female sex. And the main effect of fluoxetine is the fight against depression.
Be careful: contraindications and side effects!
Contraindications to medication
Fluoxetine for weight loss( if used for this purpose) is not recommended to be taken together:
- with MAO inhibitors or for a short time after their withdrawal;
- with alcoholic beverages( even weak);
- with narcotic drugs.
On the question of how to eat with the use of fluoxetine, should be an adequate response: the main thing is to exclude alcoholic beverages. To adhere to any special diet is not necessary.
Side effects of fluoxetine in violation of contraindications
The combination of this medication with the above agents can cause a person to:
- loss of consciousness;
- and other unpleasant conditions.
Side effects of fluoxetine when losing weight
- Tenderness in the mammary glands.
- Liquid stool.
- Tenderness in the ears.
- Pain in the bones.
- Disturbance of taste.
- And many other deviations.
If you receive these unpleasant reactions from fluoxetine, it is better to refuse altogether. You can use the old and proven methods of weight loss - eating and exercise restrictions. These are safer and more effective actions for health.
Other contraindications to the use of
As contraindications to taking fluoxetine are:
- allergy to the components of the drug;
- period of breastfeeding;
- diseases of the kidneys, liver;
- epileptic seizures;
- diabetes mellitus;
- reception MAO.
It should be remembered that Fluoxetine is addictive to , which is not so easy to get rid of. Without the help of a doctor, it is very difficult to complete the course of taking the drug. It can not be experimentally tested on yourself, pursuing the goal - weight loss.
Reviews of those who lose weight about Fluoxetine
The composition of drugs, based on - Fluoxetine, is almost identical. Most often they differ in the number of milligrams of the main substance.
Reviews about fluoxetine are different, but mostly positive. There are those people to whom he does not help. They need a replacement drug, which must be done under the supervision of a doctor.
Positive feedback and results
- A 25 year old girl who recently gave birth to a child has long suffered from excessive body weight. And after giving birth, she began to weigh 80 kilos and added depression.
The girl bought Fluoxetine in a pharmacy and started taking it. Let's notice, she did not feed the baby with a breast( this is a contraindication to the reception!).In 14 days after the beginning of the medication the weight of the girl decreased by 1 kg. She took medicine in the morning, once a day.
After a month of taking the weight decreased by 5 kg, the psyche became more stable. But, naturally, it was not possible to get rid of depression completely. Therefore, it is mandatory to consult a doctor before taking Fluoxetine. Perhaps the purpose of comprehensive treatment.
- A 35-year-old woman suffered from a depressive condition and turned to a psychiatrist. The doctor recommended Fluoxetine.
After the beginning of the reception, the woman noted a decrease in body weight and an improvement in emotional well-being. She was surprised that some women take fluoxetine for losing weight belly.
A woman believes that taking such a strong drug to combat excess weight is unacceptable, since it is not harmless and very strong.
- Some women mention that weight before and after taking Fluoxetine really goes down. But after the drug is canceled within a few weeks, it returns to the starting point again. Therefore, the results of taking it for weight loss are not so significant.
The testimonials and results of the survey do indicate that the mass decreases with fluoxetine for weight loss. Good reviews are observed for both women and men, suffering from bulimia:
- A 38-year-old woman experienced depression, against which she developed bulimia. Overeating was "uncontrolled," and a regular feeling of hunger was observed. The woman ate "everything that was in the refrigerator."She volunteered for help from doctors. The doctor prescribed a comprehensive treatment. One of the drugs was Fluoxetine. During the week, the psychological well-being of a woman improved. And a month later she stopped eating a lot and lost weight.
For slimming men, you can use not only fluoxetine. There are other more harmless drugs - both for the female and for the male body. Those people who took Fluoxetine for weight loss, a lot. And the reviews are very diverse.
There are groups of people who are negatively disposed to this medicine, as it caused side effects to them up to numbness of fingers, loss of taste and other terrible manifestations. Do not forget that fluoxetine is addictive.
Summing up. ..
Fluoxetine is considered an effective medicine in the fight against mental illnesses, depressive states. Take the drug to fight the extra 3-5 kilograms is not worth it. In addition, it has a lot of side effects.
There are many other, more harmless medicines for combating obesity. In the event that excess weight is caused by depression and bulimia, to clarify the nuances of taking this drug, you should always consult a doctor.
The medicine is sold only upon presentation of the prescription received from the doctor. Judging by the reviews of people taking this medication, some pharmacies can dispense fluoxetine without a prescription.