Pregnancy is a joyful event in the life of almost every woman. With this common truth everyone knows everything. And somehow it is forgotten that in this period there is a rather big load on the organism of the future mother, and not always it feels good. First, toxicosis, swelling, pain in the back and legs. But some of these troubles can be completely reduced with the help of modern devices.
For example, a bandage for pregnant women that can reduce the burden on the back and spine, relieve the condition with osteochondrosis and varicose veins, prevent the formation of ugly stretch marks on the abdomen. But, despite all these advantages, it is important to know how to properly carry this device. Otherwise, there may not be very pleasant consequences for both mother and future child.
Pros and cons of the
bandage Despite the long-term use of bandages for pregnant women, disputes still remain about whether it is harmful or useful.
On the one hand, this device helps pregnant women to feel better on the last days of pregnancy. Why wear a bandage during pregnancy? For example, it helps:
- to those who spend a lot of time on their feet;
- to those who have problems with the musculoskeletal system;
- with weak abdominal muscles;
- if there is a history of varicose veins, osteochondrosis, obstetric pathology;
- if there is a risk of premature delivery;
- to prevent the appearance of stretch marks.
It is based on these moments, many doctors recommend their patients to wear a bandage. But there are opponents of such a device, because it is believed that it interferes with normal blood supply and fetal movement. As a consequence, there is a risk of improper development of the child. But, if you approach the use of a bandage with a mind and understand well how long you can wear it, you will avoid such dangers.
Rules for wearing a shroud
To begin with, you should understand from what time it is recommended to wear a supporting product. Since the band has been created specifically to reduce the load from the growing abdomen, there will not be any sense in the early stages of it.
- Typically, doctors recommend starting to wear from 4-5 months of pregnancy. But when bearing twins, the bandage should be started sooner. At this time, it is only needed to prevent stretch marks.
- Again, if the mother has enough trained abdominal muscles and nothing disturbs her while moving, the first use of the supporting device can be postponed until the 28th week of pregnancy.
- But at 8-9 months it is recommended to wear a bandage almost constantly. In particular, if the future mother leads an active lifestyle and continues to work right up to the delivery.
- From the 39th week already it is necessary to limit the wearing of the bandage. During this period, the child is already beginning to move slowly to the birth canal, and such an adaptation can hurt him.
All these terms are not final and may vary depending on the individual characteristics of the future mother. Someone and until the last days of pregnancy does not experience any difficulties, and the skin does not suffer from stretch marks. To others, belly support is required already in the early stages. Therefore, before deciding on the expediency of buying a bandage, it is worth consulting with your doctor. Only he will be able to say whether it is necessary in your case to wear a similar product and when to start.
Having dealt with the question of how long to wear a bandage for pregnant women, it is worth to find out how often it should be done. As already mentioned, many doctors are opposed to such adaptations for the reason that there is a risk of miscarriage of the fetus. In order for this not to happen, it's worth taking breaks in wearing a band:
- It is usually recommended to wear continuously for no longer than two to three hours.
- Then it takes a break for 40 minutes, or even an hour.
- At night, the bandage should not be left at all.
As for how to properly wear a bandage, there are no special recommendations. If you decide to stop your choice on the universal belt, then you can put it on and lying down, and sitting and standing - as will be more convenient.
How to buy?
It would seem that it is difficult - to go and buy a bandage. They are sold in stores for pregnant women, and in pharmacies at very different rates. But still, it is worth knowing what to focus on when choosing, then not to regret buying and not to say that the bandage is a completely inconvenient thing and you can do without it perfectly.
If you have already decided on what weeks to start wearing a support device, you can go for a purchase.
This is where all your patience is needed, as it may take a little time to choose a suitable model. When choosing a sales outlet, you should give preference to the store, not to the pharmacy. In the pharmacy it is unlikely to measure a bandage, and in the store for pregnant women there are dressing rooms where you can undress, and a mirror, and even a bench in case you become tired in the process of choosing.
Now it is necessary to decide which model you want to purchase. To date, there are two:
Similar to ordinary underwear, but only in the abdomen there are elastic inserts that stretch as the abdomen grows. Of the pluses worth mentioning the ease of use. Cons: frequent washing and difficulty with going to the toilet, because you only need to lay this model on. Alternatively, you can buy a model that has a special clasp at the bottom. In this case, problems with trips to the ladies' room will not arise. But it is worth bearing in mind that such underwear is not suitable for those women whose stomach grows very quickly.
This model is a wide elastic band, tapering to the ends. Usually this bandage is provided with Velcro or convenient fasteners. Regardless of how long you will wear such a belt, it will not be anywhere to squeeze and rub.
Due to its design, the bandage can be adjusted depending on the volume of the stomach. In addition, it can be used after delivery for a faster recovery of abdominal muscles.
Pros of this design: versatility, no frequent washing is required, muscles are well maintained. Of the minuses is to note only the fact that you need to get used to the use. At first, it may not work properly to fasten the bandage. But a bit of training - and no difficulties will arise.
As for the process of choice: take your time. Slowly measure all the models you like. And do it not on top of clothes, but on the naked body. You will wear a bandage by putting on your underwear, and it should fit you. Of course, panties-bandage will not be able to measure, but a competent consultant will be able to select the model that will suit you ideally. Usually similar models are slightly larger than the usual underwear.
It's worth mentioning about the fabric from which the bandage will be sewn. Regardless of how long you will start wearing a bandage, you should be comfortable. It is better, if the supporting linen will be made of a natural material - cotton or bamboo. Such a product will not cause irritation, allow the skin to breathe, and in summer it will not be hot.
Naturally, the constant toe of similar products requires periodic washing. In particular, if they are cowards, which have to be washed daily. Usually on a box in which linen was sold, or on a label there is all necessary information. If this is not, it is worth remembering the basic rules by which to wash the bandage.
- Since there are elastic elements, the laundry requires a careful attitude towards itself. And, therefore, it should be washed in warm water with hands using hypoallergenic drugs.
- It is possible to send and to the washing machine, but only on a delicate mode and without pressing. Also, hands are not recommended to strongly wring out similar underwear. Alternatively, you can wrap the bandage in a terry towel and gently squeeze out.
- Dry underpins do not stand on batteries and near heat sources. Ideal - in a horizontal position at room temperature.
In general, no difficulties in washing the bandage should arise. If you follow these simple rules, the product will not lose its properties. And they can be used throughout the duration of pregnancy with maximum comfort for themselves.
Video on topic: