In the autumn-winter season, many people face laryngitis - a serious inflammatory disease of the throat, which is fraught with the appearance of complications. However, if you know how to treat it, the patient will not even need a hospital, because laryngitis is successfully treated at home.
- Causes of Symptoms of
- Types of
- How to cure at home
- Treatment of inflammation with honey
- Other ways of treating laryngitis
- In children
- During pregnancy
The main cause of inflammation of the mucosa of the vocal cords or larynxis the impact of pathogenic flora. That is, most often laryngitis is associated with various colds or infectious diseases. Also, this ailment can appear against the background of the constant action of an irritant( smoking) or manifest itself as a professional pathology, for example, in singers, announcers, people working in harmful conditions.
Also, laryngitis can occur when the body develops an allergic reaction to the use of certain foods. Most often, this kind of disease occurs in children at an early age.
- Increase in temperature and worsening of general health. If the patient at this stage of the disease develops the blood for analysis, the results will increase the number of leukocytes, and the ESR is accelerated, which is the signal for the initiation of treatment.
- Pain when swallowing and hoarseness. The voice every day becomes more hoarse, rude, until it disappears completely.
- Shortness of breath due to narrowing of the glottis.
- Sensation of dryness, perspiration, scraping in the throat.
- Cough is a common symptom of laryngitis, which means that the disease begins to affect the mucosa. At the very beginning, cough is dry, and in the future - accompanied by a cough of phlegm.
The following types of disease stand out:
- Atrophic - manifested by thinning of the inner mucosa of the larynx and is accompanied by dry mouth, hoarse voice, a strong cough with the passage of crusts with blood veins. The reason is the consumption of a large amount of spicy food. The disease is most common among Caucasians and highlanders. Treatment is aimed at reducing the manifestation of symptoms and improving the quality of life of the patient.
- Professional - is characterized by the appearance on the bundles of peculiar thickenings, called "knots of the singer".At risk are teachers, teachers, singers and other people who, by their activities, often need to strain their voice. The main condition for successful treatment is to ensure complete dormancy of the vocal cords.
- Hemorrhagic - characterized by a hemorrhage in the mucous membrane of the larynx for influenza.
- Hypertrophic( hyperplastic) - manifested by a strong hoarseness of voice, perspiration and cough. At the same time on the ligaments there are small sprouting( "nodules of the singer"), which cause hoarseness. At the majority of children, at the older age hoarseness of a voice disappears. To soften the larynx as a treatment, it is recommended to do inhalations with mineral water, Borjomi, saline, Chlorbutanol, Berodual or soda. In case of severe inflammation, the doctor will prescribe the appropriate antibiotics( for example, Bioparox).
- Diphtheria - appears due to the spread of bacteria from the tonsils to the larynx. On the mucous membrane there is a light colored membrane, which is able to separate and provoke obstruction of the airways at the level of the vocal cords. The same membrane can also appear with streptococcal infection.
- Catarrhal is characterized as a mild form of the disease and is accompanied by symptoms such as a sore throat, hoarseness, a feeling of perspiration, and sometimes a cough. Treatment of catarrhal laryngitis mainly takes place at home with the help of traditional medicine, only in serious cases the doctor prescribes appropriate medications.
- Laryngotracheitis is a disease characterized by inflammation of the larynx and the primary parts of the trachea.
- Syphilitic - is one of the many complications of syphilis. In the second stage of syphilis mucous plaques and ulcers form, and on 3 - scars form which deform the vocal cords and larynx, which leads to a strong hoarseness.
- Reflux - characterized by the development of a purulent process in the mucosa, muscles and laryngeal ligaments. It is accompanied by general weakness, sore throat, fever. For treatment, broad-spectrum antibiotics, antihistamines( Suprastin, Pipolphen, Dimedrol, Diazolin), corticosteroids( Prednisolone, Hydrocortisone) and diuretics are used.
- Tuberculosis - develops when pulmonary tuberculosis spreads. Nodular tuberculate thickenings appear in the tissues of the larynx. With tuberculous laryngitis, there is a danger of destruction of the epiglottis and laryngeal cartilage.
- Viral - caused by colds, in some cases pertussis, measles or scarlet fever. The first symptoms of the disease are headache, cough, fever and overall worsening of health. As a treatment for relief of symptoms and acceleration of recovery it is recommended to perform inhalations with infusions of medicinal herbs and preparations( Rotokan, etc.), gargle and apply compresses for the night. Such measures can be performed in case of normal body temperature.
In addition, the laryngitis is divided into 2 forms:
- Acute laryngitis - rarely occurs as an independent disease, it is often a symptom of ARVI( adenovirus infection, influenza, parainfluenza), in which the mucous membrane of the pharynx and nose, and sometimes the lungs and bronchi are involved in the inflammatory process. Treatment of acute form in adults and children is the observance of the regime( complete voice rest, maintaining the temperature in the room, avoiding bad habits, etc.) and taking medications. Depending on the specific symptoms, Sinecode, Lazolvan, Erespal, Flutitek, ACTS, Alteika, Euphyllin, Decatilen, Bromhexin, Lysobact, Ascoril, Biseptol, Chlorophyllipt for rinsing, Tantum-Verde spray etc. can be prescribed.
- Chronic laryngitis developson a background of sinusitis, chronic inflammatory diseases, a long and strong strain of ligaments, bad habits, frequent acute laryngitis. The main symptoms of this form of the disease is a constant coughing and choking in the throat. Treatment of chronic laryngitis consists primarily in respecting the correct regimen. In addition, the doctor can prescribe the necessary medications, inhalations at home, etc.
How to cure at hometo the table of contents ^
Treatment of inflammation with honeyHoney is an affordable and effective remedy that is usedfor the treatment of laryngitis. It has an emollient, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect. It is best to use floral honey. The easiest and fastest option for honey treatment is to dissolve small portions in the mouth as long as possible.
You can use other methods:
- Mix 2 parts of honey with 1 part of lemon juice and take with laryngitis every half hour for 1 teaspoon. Duration of treatment is 3-4 days.
- Dissolve in 200 ml of freshly squeezed carrot juice 2-3 tablespoons of honey. Take this drug 1 tablespoon every 4 hours until the disease recedes.
- Successful treatment of laryngitis at home can be done with honey if you dissolve a few of its teaspoons in 200 ml of warm milk or tea from chamomile. It is best to be treated with such a folk remedy right before bed, wrapped up in a throat with a woolen scarf. In addition, calming cough will help warm milk with soda and honey.
- An effective medicine against laryngitis is obtained from a mixture of honey and aloe juice. You need to mix 0.5 liters of juice squeezed from the leaves of the plant, and 150 gr.liquid honey. This mixture tastes a bit bitter, but it quickly heals the laryngitis. Take the medicine you need for 15 gr.3 times a day.
- If laryngitis appeared against the background of a cold, then the drug from honey and radish juice, mixed in a 1: 1 ratio, will be useful. Take it 2 tablespoons before bedtime.
Treatment of laryngitis can be carried out and inhalation. This method is effective due to local effects of drugs precisely in the affected area: the drug sprayed to the state of vapor( Berodual, Lazolvan, Pulmicort, etc.) settles on the inflamed ligaments.
With laryngitis, inhalation can be done at home using both a nebulizer and a traditional method. To do this, it is necessary to heat the medicinal solution in a conventional teapot and for 10 minutes to breathe the formed steam through a long funnel made of cardboard inserted into the spout. On the day, the procedure can be repeated 3 to 8 times. For steam inhalation, you can use honey( 1 tablespoon add to 1 liter of water).
For those who suffer from chronic laryngitis, traditional medicine recommends using an alkaline solution for inhalations. It can be made independently at home from soda and filtered water: in 200 ml of water it is necessary to stir ½ teaspoons of soda. It is also recommended to use alkaline mineral water as a therapeutic solution. It is well suited for the treatment of laryngitis, as it speeds up the passage of phlegm and soothes inflamed ligaments.
Useful for laryngitis alternate soda inhalation with herbal and ethereal. To make herbal inhalations, you need as a solution to use broths with chamomile, sage, aire, mullein or goatweed. Ethereal inhalations with laryngitis are solutions in which a few drops of menthol or eucalyptus oil are added.to contents ^
One of the simple, but effective tools for treating laryngitis, which can be performed independently without medical supervision, is rinsing. Gargle should be 8-10 times a day, when the disease begins to "retreat" to reduce to 5 rinses.You can make a healing solution from 1 teaspoon of soda and 200 ml of warm water. Also a good medicine for laryngitis is a rinse solution, prepared in the same proportion, but instead of soda it is necessary to add sea salt to the water.
It is best for all kinds of this ailment to gargle with broths and infusions. To do this, it is recommended to use:
- Rhizome rhizomes - 10 grams of roots pour 200 ml of hot water, leave for 2 hours, and then re-warm the mixture. After the infusion has cooled, rinse your throat.
- Chamomile, rhizomes of calamus and tapeworm - mix the herbs in equal proportions, 10 grams pour 200 ml of hot water and leave the mixture for 50-70 minutes. Rinse infusion to use every 3 hours.
- Potatoes or beets - one of these vegetables should be grated, and the juice added to warm water. Ready-made food should not be stored, before each rinse it is necessary to add juice to the amount of liquid necessary for the procedure.
- Carrots - for any kind of disease, you can rinse the throat with milk, in which the peeled root crop was cooked. It will take 1 large carrot and 0.5 liters of milk. In a day, it is advisable to carry out 5 rinses.
- Dried raspberry berries( 4 tablespoons), pour 0.5 liters of hot water and leave them for 2 hours. After the mixture has cooled, add 10 grams of honey to it and gargle.
Other ways of treating laryngitis
Very often, beer is used to facilitate professional laryngitis. Drink it should be warm, small sips, about 0.5 liters. Beer is not the basis of therapy for this disease, but it will help to speed up the healing process and restore the voice literally in 1 day.
Effective cure for laryngitis - gogol-mogol. The patient can drink as his traditional variant( whip the yolk with sugar), and extended: if desired, you can add to it 2 drops of cognac and a little butter, which will soften the sore throat well. A day is allowed to drink only one gogol-mogol.
Treatment of laryngitis can be carried out with the help of baths with decoction of chamomile or sea salt. This method is especially effective at the very beginning of the disease. The main thing - to take a bath before going to bed, and after it to wear warm socks and take cover with a wool blanket. You can make and foot baths, using for their preparation soda and mustard( dry).The water in the tub should not exceed 400 ° C.Contraindication to hot baths is an increased body temperature. You can not warm your feet with laryngitis in children.
You can make compresses on the chest with laryngitis. Beneficial effect on the patient's body warming compress with badger fat, interior fat or warm vegetable oil.Also read which tablets and lozenges for absorption can be used to treat diseases of the throat and cough http://woman-l.ru/tabletki-dlya-rassasyvaniya-ot-boli-v-gorle/to the table of contents ^
Children up to 6-8 years are susceptible to the development of a special form of laryngitis - a false croup. His symptoms are very similar to the signs of diphtheria of the larynx - the true croup. This form of the disease is dangerous, since it can provoke a sharp shortness of breath due to narrowing of the larynx lumen due to edema and spasm of the glottis. False groats with acute laryngitis are mainly found in children with exudative diathesis.
Children's laryngitis may appear unexpectedly, during a night's sleep: the child suddenly wakes up with a difficult and noisy breathing, all wet, restless, lips begin to turn blue, and a coughing "barking."After a while the child calms down and again falls asleep. The body temperature at the time of the attack does not increase. Attacks of laryngitis can be repeated every night. At the first signs of a false croup, one should immediately go to an ambulance or take the child to a hospital without delay. In the meantime, you need to open a window for fresh air at home, give the baby an alkaline drink and make an inhalation of soda.
First aid measures include the introduction of Euphyllin, glucocorticoid hormones, diuretics and other drugs that will help to quickly remove the laryngeal edema and expand the airway lumen.
If a child at an early age with laryngitis at least once had a strong swelling of the larynx, it is desirable that at home there is always an inhaler and antihistamines that relieve swelling. For the treatment of the disease in children, drugs such as Claritin, Cetrin, Clarotadine, Clarisens, Zodak, Zirtek, etc. are used. In addition, antitussives( Herbion with plantain, Libexin, Stoptussin Phyto) or expectorants( Lazolvan, Ambrobene, Bronhosan, ATSTS,Alteika, etc.).
Treatment of laryngitis in children at home is to fulfill the following rules:
Laryngitis in children before the year is very dangerous, since a strong swelling of the mucosa can lead to suffocation. Treatment can appoint only the pediatrician, at home it is necessary to create all conditions for the prompt recovery.to the table of contents ^
- Strict adherence to bed rest.
- Restriction of stress on the vocal cords.
- Humidity control of air( not less than 40-50%).
- Plentiful warm drink( herbal preparations, compotes, fruit drinks, etc.).
- Proper nutrition, rich in vitamins. From the diet to exclude hot and cold food, carbonated drinks, fatty and spicy foods.
During pregnancy, immunity is weakened, and the expectant mother can easily catch viral and infectious diseases, one of which is laryngitis. The disease occurs as a result of exposure to such adverse factors as hypothermia, the effect of pathogens, the inhalation of gassed air or dust.
Laryngitis in pregnancy can be one of the signs of respiratory diseases, such as pertussis, influenza, scarlet fever or measles. Such infections are dangerous to the fetus, especially in the first trimester of pregnancy, so if a woman who is expecting a baby has a perspiration and sore throat, dry cough, hoarseness or hoarseness of voice, she urgently needs to see a doctor for treatment and exclude serious diseases.
Of the folk remedies for the treatment of the throat, the most commonly used are broths for rinsing out such medicinal herbs as sage or althea root. Useful and frequent rinsing of the throat with warm water with the addition of beet or onion juice, eucalyptus or sea salt.
When coughing, it is recommended to take syrup from the licorice root, it will help to bring out phlegm and facilitate breathing. In addition, when treating laryngitis at home, pregnant women need to drink a lot of warm liquid, for example, cowberry or cranberry fruit drinks, broth of wild rose, tea with honey and lemon. These drinks help to remove toxins from the body, enrich it with essential vitamins, improve vitality and improve mood.to the table of contents ^
To prevent laryngitis, first of all it is necessary to prevent colds in both children and adults. Wash hands with soap, use disposable napkins, do not touch your mouth and nose with dirty hands, if possible, avoid close contact with patients with ARVI.
It is also useful to temper, perform daily exercises, sleep, spend more time in the open air, but do not allow hypothermia, keep the vocal cords warm.
At home it is necessary to open windows for airing more frequently, to wipe dust and, if necessary, to use a humidifier and air purifier. If the person has to deal a lot with harmful substances, then at home after work it is recommended to do inhalations to remove from the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract of the settled particles.