Waiting for the baby is a joyful and long-awaited event in the life of each married couple. With the increase in the length of the tummy, a woman becomes more and more inconvenient, causes heaviness and pain in her lower back. And then it's time for a prenatal bandage. This article will help you to find out what kind of adaptation it is, how it happens and how it should be worn.
What is a bandage, what are its main functions
- The device does not allow the abdomen to fall prematurely, thereby ensuring fetal bearing before the established time.
- A quality and properly selected bandage removes the feeling of fatigue, heaviness in the legs and throughout the body.
- Regularly wearing a belt, you can get rid of back pain and avoid the formation of stretch marks.
- The bandage effectively helps to cope with the increasing pain during long walks in the fresh air.
- Using a bandage after giving birth helps to restore the figure faster and return to its previous form. However, do not forget about special exercises that help maintain muscle tone.
Kinds of bandages
Quality belts are made from "breathing" material, it is also called "second skin".They fully comply with all hygiene requirements and standards. The most popular products were from Germany and Great Britain. In these countries, a special manufacture for the manufacture of products for pregnant women has been created. The product has excellent quality and design, but also a high price.
- Belt-bandage. The most popular model in the form of elastic tape. It is equipped with three additional valves, which allow you to adjust the belt without removing it. You can put it on as if lying or standing, on your underwear. The bandage is fixed in the lower part of the abdomen, so it holds the uterus in the necessary position and does not put pressure on the baby. The big plus of this kind is that it does not fully cover the stomach, which provides comfort to the future mother on hot days.
- Knitted panties. The device is equipped with retaining inserts in front and rear. It must be worn strictly in the recumbent position in order to correctly distribute the pressure. It is necessary to wear it instead of underwear, so it must be washed daily, which complicates the process of continuous wearing. As a rule, pregnant women buy several items of this kind. Belt-bandage Bandage panties Combined bandage
- Combined bandage. It can be worn both before and after childbirth. It is made of rubberized material and has the shape of a belt, on one side it is wider, and on the other - narrow. During pregnancy, the wide part effectively keeps the muscles of the back, narrow - supports the abdomen. After giving birth, the belt needs to be deployed, the wide part will keep the stomach and help the figure recover faster. Future moms are buying this option to save money.
How to choose and wear the prenatal bandage
Buy a bandage is only in specialized stores. In them, the consultant will give the buyer due attention and help to choose the right size and tell how to properly wear the bandage.
Each shroud comes with a step-by-step instruction, which is worth paying attention to, putting on the belt for the first time. But the most basic indicator is the personal comfort of a woman. Observing all the recommendations for the proper wearing of an antenatal bandage, the expectant mother will not harm the baby in any way. She will help him to take the right position and ease his pain.
But how to determine if the bandage is correctly worn? To do this, you need to pay special attention to such moments:
- It should be under the belly, abut the hips, grabbing the pubic bone, and support the lower back.
- As already mentioned, he should not put pressure on his stomach.
- At the same time, it should not be lowered too low, so it will not be of any use to it.
Buying a belt, it's important to try it on. Although all the models are similar to each other, all the same each manufacturer tries to stand out. You need not hesitate to try on different bandages, until the future mom finds a fully comfortable option.
How to wear:
- The main rule when wearing a belt: it should not press on the stomach.
- It is not recommended to wear it all day, and in case of a child's anxiety, it should be removed immediately. Experts recommend wearing a bandage 3 hours a day.
- If you have severe back pain, you can increase your socks, but you should always take a break of 30 minutes every 3 hours.
Indications and contraindications to the use of the belt
For 22-25 weeks of pregnancy a woman begins to feel discomfort due to a growing abdomen. It is at this point that you need to use a bandage that will help ease the situation. There are a number of indications that the girl just needs to wear this device:
- an energetic way of life;
- pain in the lower back and osteochondrosis;
- painful sensations in the lower extremities, varicose veins;
- warning of the appearance of stretch marks;
- with multiple pregnancies;
- during repeated pregnancies, as the abdominal wall is more stretched;
- weakened abdominal and pelvic muscles;
- for certain types of obstetric pathologies;
- in order to avoid premature birth. Back pain Multiple pregnancy
There are almost no contraindications to the wearing of the bandage during pregnancy. However, a consultation with a gynecologist is recommended. It is the doctor who leads the pregnancy that can help in this matter. He will sensibly assess the course of pregnancy and the situation of a woman. Experts disagree about the expediency of using a bandage. But every woman in the situation can try on a bandage and understand how comfortable it is for him and whether she needs it at all.
A bandage for women in position is a necessary and useful thing. It effectively supports and fixes the abdominal muscles, relieves pain in the lower back, reduces pain in time of walking. These functions of the belt perform qualitatively and effectively, if only it is perfectly matched, correctly put on and adjusted.