The appearance of burrs on the hands - a common phenomenon. And although at first sight it seems harmless, it is not always so. It's not just the discomfort that causes scraps of skin on the fingers - their causes are diverse and can relate to both external factors and problems in the body. It is especially important to identify and eliminate the causes of burrs in children.
- is dangerous
- in the cabin
- in the house
Basically, the appearance of burrs is observed in people with very sensitive or dryskin. Dry skin on the hands is more susceptible to the influence of various aggressive factors that make it thin, reduce elasticity and cause cracking around the nails.to contents ^
- Regular contact of hands with water and chemicals contained in household chemicals - in most cases this applies to women cleaning without protective gloves;
- adverse weather conditions, leading to excessive dryness of the skin, especially in winter;
- lack of hand care;
- the presence of a bad habit to bite the skin around the nails;
- incorrectly executed manicure, in which the cuticle was injured;
- any mechanical injury, for example, during work on the ground, in the garden, when planting plants;
- effect of substandard cosmetic preparations, mainly nail varnishes and the means for their removal;
- use of materials for nail plate extension, which contain methyl methacrylate;
- a wide layer of cuticle, which grows on the nail, if not cut off in time.
- Lack in the body of vitamins A, E, group B and various trace elements;
- malnutrition, illiterate diet or starvation;
- malfunctioning of the gastrointestinal tract;
- diabetes mellitus;
- lack of fluid in the body, dehydration.
Failure to follow the rules for removing burrs can lead to unpleasant consequences:
- in the absence of sterility, infection can be introduced;
- tearing off the burr leads to damage to healthy tissue and their inflammation;
- , the lack of adequate treatment can cause paronychia( inflammation of the peri-osienous roller) or even panaritium( purulent inflammation of the tissues and bones of the finger).
Treatment procedures can be carried out in several ways:to the contents ^
In the cabin
If it is possible to use the services of professionals, then it is worth doing. So you can be sure of the quality of the procedure. However, in this case it is worth to take an interest in reviews of the salon and about a particular master.
The procedure for deburring involves working with a sterile tool and very careful removal of the interfering peel.
Among the procedures that not only eliminate the burrs, but also give the hands and nails the proper look, the following:
- Spa manicure is a comprehensive hand care procedure that includes shaping the nails, softening the cuticle and removing it with special acids, exfoliating the keratinized cells, nourishing and massage the skin.
- Manicure edging type - involves the removal of cuticle and skin okolonogtevyh rollers manicure tweezers.
- Hand peeling - renewing the upper layer of the epidermis and removing dead cells with the help of scraping agents or fruit acids.
- Paraffinotherapy - nourishing and rejuvenating the skin of the hands procedure, involves the application of a heated to 55 degrees cosmetic paraffin.
If you can not use the services of a salon to remove burrs, you can do it yourself at home. There is a certain sequence of actions to correct and safely resolve the problem:
- Carry out the hand skin for 10 minutes. For such a bath is best to dissolve sea salt in water, enough will be 1 tablespoon per half-liter of water.
- After bathing, thoroughly soak your hands with a towel so that the skin is dry.
- The tool selected for burr cutting is pretreated in alcohol or vodka. These can be scissors or tweezers. It is very important that the tools are well sharpened.
- After successful pruning the site is treated with antiseptic drugs. To do this, you can use hydrogen peroxide, calendula.
- Next, apply Dexpanthenol Cream or similar preparations. You can replace this product with a regular nourishing cream with a moisturizing effect.
- The final touch in the procedure is the adhesive patch of the damaged area to protect it from contact with clothing and the occurrence of a relapse.
Whatever the reasons for the burrs, the photo shows the identity of their manifestations, taking into account the degree and scale of localization.
Some people are very afraid to carry out the procedure for removing excess skin from the finger. If there is no desire to cut off the burr, then before the bed apply the ointment of calendula on the necessary site and seal it with adhesive tape. Since morning the plaster is removed, and during the washing of hands during the day the burr spontaneously disappears. However, this does not happen in every case and is fraught with a relapse.to contents ^
Measures to prevent burrs also have their own characteristics and differences. You can use cosmetic methods or apply traditional medicine recipes. In the latter case, you should be completely sure that the drug will not cause an allergic reaction.to the table of contents ^
For the protection of hands, you can use:
- nourishing creams and moisturizers;
- baths from oils and herbal decoctions;
- exclusion of interaction with aggressive environmental factors.
Rules that help avoid burrs:
- Hand washing is recommended with the use of liquid soap, its components often include substances that soften the skin and provide moisturizing. Wash hands is even after using household products.
- After washing, it is always worth wiping your hands so that no moisture remains on the skin - it leads to weathering and cracking.
- One of the most effective methods of prevention is the procedure of edging manicure, while the cuticle is removed completely.
- Home manicure also prevents the appearance of burrs on the hands. Only it is necessary to use moderately the means softening cuticles, to process tools with alcohol, and also to use only sharp devices.
From folk ways you can choose any of the following:
- Oil bath .To prepare it, heat the vegetable oil in such quantity that it can completely immerse your hands. The duration of the procedure is at least 20 minutes. It is recommended not to wash off oil, but only to get wet with a towel or a paper napkin, and the remaining to rub into the skin. Carried out daily before bedtime.
- Compression for fingers from aloe .The fresh leaves of the plant are rubbed to the state of gruel, after which they are placed on the cuticle of each finger. The fingers are wrapped in polyethylene film and held for half an hour. The procedure is recommended twice a week.
- Seabuckthorn and rosehip .The oils of these plants are rubbed into the cuticle to moisten it and give the skin elasticity.
- Tea tree .The oil of the plant is very effective in the problem with burrs. It is used daily, rubbing into the problem area.
In addition to hand care, it is important to follow other rules:
- proper nutrition;
- compliance with drinking regimen;
- timely treatment of diseases, especially of the digestive system.
To get rid of burrs on your hands in a short time and protect against complications, the following tips will help you:
- While cutting the cuticle from the cuticle, the scissors should be kept in parallel, and the tweezers - perpendicular to the skin. This will ensure maximum adherence to its surface.
- It is forbidden to pull or tear off a burr, this contributes to an increase in the problem, in addition, with this action, the healthy skin is also damaged.
- To seal the damaged area, it is best to use a special patch impregnated with antiseptic solution. The use of a regular roll bandage is prohibited - its contact with an open wound can cause inflammation.
- Inflammations around the nail plate will quickly eliminate tetracycline and levomycetin ointments.
For proper treatment, successful prevention and prevention of relapses, it is very important to understand the cause of the problem. After all, sometimes burrs are a signal about any malfunctions in the body, and require a diagnosis.