Every adult lover of long feasts with delicious food and traditional "one hundred grams" for a good occasion likes to make vodka chilled. And, for sure, every consumer of alcoholic drinks wondered at what temperature freezes vodka and other hot drinks.
After twirling with the preparation of holiday cakes and salads, you can find an unpleasant surprise: the drink turned into ice! This is not a rare surprise, because very few people know the freezing temperature of vodka.
So that it does not happen on the eve of the feast of such an unfortunate accident, let's deal with the peculiarities of freezing various alcoholic beverages, and especially, without which in our homeland there is not a single big and serious feast.
A simple test, or how the quality of vodka is related to its freezing temperature
Some experienced consumers of the forty-degree drink claim that in order to check its quality, you need to hide it for a couple of hours in the freezer.
Do you think there is a secret hidden in this simple test? No, just the freezing temperature of vodka in the freezer directly depends on the amount of alcohol contained in it.
Modern technologies suggest the addition of various essences, flavors, flavoring additives to alcohol to improve the taste of alcohol, to give it uniqueness and variety and, thereby, to increase its profits.
These additives directly affect the process of freezing of alcoholic beverages. It turns out to find out in practice, at what temperature the vodka freezes, you need to find out how much it contains alcohol.
Vodka freezing temperature
Vodka is a mixture of water and alcohol in a 3: 2 ratio, which freezes at a temperature of 25 to 30 degrees below freezing , depending on the quality of the alcohol.
- It should be taken into account that the alcohol used in the manufacture of vodka is not absolutely pure and contains certain impurities.
- We have already mentioned that freezing vodka is an excellent test for its quality, because if it's only 20 degrees on the street, and it turned into ice, it's a reason to think about the inferiority of the product. Can vodka freeze in the refrigerator?
"At what temperature does vodka freeze 40 degrees in the fridge?" - lovers of feasts do not mind "podkyrnut" each other for the knowledge of the answer to this sensitive issue.
- If we follow Raoul's second law and assume that white is made according to all the requirements of GOST( that is, contains 40% alcohol, or, as we are accustomed to speaking illiterately, 40 degrees), then it begins to crystallize already at 25 degrees below zero.
- With this frost, a thin crust of ice will appear from the water in the bottle. In the remaining unfrozen alcohol solution, the alcohol concentration on the amount of water increases, so to continue freezing and turning vodka into ice, you must continue to lower the temperature and add time.
Can vodka freeze in the freezer?
Based on the above, you can safely put a bottle of whitish before serving to the table in the freezer, because in a normal refrigerator the temperature of the freezer is usually not lower than 24 degrees Celsius. This means that the vodka will cool down very much, but it will not turn into ice.Keep in mind that after being in the freezer, the vodka will lose its taste and smell, it will become viscous. After a freezer, you can drink a lot without feeling drunk. But, warming up in your body, a cunning drink will very quickly make you drunk with all the consequences and hangover syndrome. To soften the unpleasant consequences can only a dense snack.
Doctors, despite all their warnings about the dangers of alcohol, understand that sometimes this can not be avoided and advised to use any alcoholic beverages not colder than +8 degrees, otherwise there is a risk of chilling the throat and getting a sore throat as a bonus after the holiday. So after you get the vodka out of the freezer, let it stand a little on the table.
How do different alcoholic beverages freeze?
Different solutions of water and ethyl alcohol have different freezing points. The fact is that the freezing point of any alcoholic drink depends solely on the amount of ethyl alcohol in it.
The temperature of the beginning of the freezing process of vodka is 40% at about 22 ° C( then crystallization begins), the complete solidification of the liquid occurs at 30 degrees below zero.
- If the purest, without impurities, alcohol can freeze at a temperature of -117 degrees( this is not found in the natural conditions of our planet, so the conversion of alcohol into a solid state is possible only in specially created laboratory conditions), then beer, as a low-alcohol drink, can freeze alreadyat 5 degrees below zero.
- The ability of alcohol not to freeze in severe climatic conditions is used to create antifreeze and anti-icing fluids for transport and aviation.
- First the water in the beverage is frozen, and in the remaining solution the percentage of alcohol will be increased. Do not forget that the mixes of drinks, in contrast to individual components, have an accurate freezing point. Here, the beginning of freezing is clearly traced - the appearance of ice crystals, and its completion is the complete solidification of the product.
- It should be noted that after strong cooling, the vodka in the bottle will be viscous and will lose its specific taste and smell.
Modern factory prescriptions provide for different freezing temperatures of for different spirits , namely:
- drinks with a strength of 10% alcohol( beer, some types of wine and champagne) freeze at 5 degrees below zero
- drinks with 20% alcoholwine, champagne, liqueurs, bitter tinctures, medicinal balsams) crystallize at -10 degrees
- drinks with an alcohol content of 25%( liquors, tinctures, fortified wines) are frozen at a temperature of 13-14 degrees belowzero
- beverages with 30% strength alcohol( some species whiskey, brandy and rum) are frozen at a temperature of 18 degrees
- drink with an alcohol content of 40%( classic white tequila, brandy, rum, whiskey, vodka) crystallized at 30 degrees.
- drinks with alcohol strength of 50%( rum, whiskey, absinthe, strong vodka) freeze at 40 degrees below zero.
- drinks with an alcoholic strength of 55%( absinthe, rum, whiskey, brandy) are frozen only at 45 degrees below zero.
Interesting facts about vodka:
Vodka of the highest purification, which contains nothing but ethyl alcohol and water, has a characteristic sweetish flavor inherent in dilute alcohols.
- What explains the specific bitter taste of vodka? Bitterness of it appears due to incomplete purification and residual impurities. This is indicated by its sharp aroma.
Lethal dose - one-time consumption of 1 liter of vodka, half a liter of vodka can cause a stroke, heart attack, cardiac arrest.
- January 31, 1865 - unofficial birthday of the vodka .Just on this day Dmitry Ivanovich Mendeleyev presented his thesis to the court of his colleagues. It was called "On the connection of alcohol with water."It's funny, but with the drink itself, this thesis has nothing in common, and the solution, which is said so, has a fortress of 38%.
- The term "vodka" appeared only in the middle of the 17th century under Empress Elizabeth II, before that the drink was called bread wine and moonshine.
- More than 4.5 billion liters of vodka sold for more than $ 50 billion each year
- 100 grams of vodka were regularly given to the Red Army servicemen daily( in the common people they were called "fighting" or "commissar" 100 grams) "for courage" and anesthesiain case of injury.
- When cleaning cheap vodka, cleaning is not carried out at all, the mixture of alcohol and water is softened by various flavor additives( soda, various chemicals, glycerin) that improve the taste of the drink, but the harm to such a vodka for man is many times increased due to toxic impurities and theireffects on the organism used.
- Alcohol( read: vodka) culture is the main source of death in Russia. And it is not so much about the immediate harm of alcohol on the body, but about actions committed under conditions of intoxication. A person under the influence of a small amount of vodka goes to bathe in the wrong place, can jump from a height, not proportioning the danger and its capabilities, not to mention the large number of domestic crimes against the background of alcoholic intoxication.
- When biting a bee, it is still advised to drink a glass of vodka in villages where there is no possibility to immediately buy antihistamines in a pharmacy. How this works is not known, but the consequences of a bite after this, as a rule, do not arise.
The nagging question whether to consider vodka as a friend or enemy of a Russian man, we will not analyze today. One thing is clear - in our culture without it, people are not accustomed to cope with frostbite, bee stings or big holidays, like the birth of a child or a wedding.
We do not encourage you to abide by the dry law and refrain from any alcohol, but only remind you of the necessary moderation.
Related Videos:1:53even if the alcohol freezes. ..0:40Vodka Khortitsa-It's frozen!0:25Vodka freezes!