The active ingredient is calcium dobezilate.2.5 dihydroxybenzenesulfonate calcium dihydrate.
Crystal white with a cream or pinkish tinge or a pure white color powder. It is an antiagrigant angioprotector, normalizes microcirculation.
Used for the treatment of cardiovascular diseases and cerebrovascular diseases( refined migraines).In addition, it is used to restore the normal operation of blood vessels.
Prevents the formation of blood clots, which can block the lumen of the vessels.
- Pharmacological action
- Contraindications to receive
- mechanism of action
- Instructions for use
- drug overdose, and further guidance
- Side effects
- Interactions with Alcohol and liver problems
- interaction with other drugs
- Tips pregnant
- Opinions of Patients and Physicians
- Patient Opinion
- Pros and Cons of
- Drug Cost
- Analogues Prearat
calcium dobesilate lowers blood viscosity, normalizes vascular walls permeability. In the treatment of vascular diseases contributes to improving microcirculation and increasing the resistance of capillaries.
- is hygroscopic;
- dissolves easily in water;
- is soluble in alcohol 95%;
- absorption is relatively slow, in the blood the maximum concentration occurs no later than 6 hours after taking the drug;
- is excreted from the body within 24 hours mainly by the kidneys and intestines;
- during lactation can be excreted with milk in small proportions.
Indications for use
Calcium doebesilate is used for violation of vascular permeability and microcirculation, metabolic diseases:
- trophic ulcers( defect of the skin or mucous membrane that has arisen after rejection of dead tissue, with low healing and tendency to relapse);
- postthrombotic and postphlebitic syndrome;
- hemorrhagic syndrome( increased bleeding);
- varicose veins( venous disease, accompanied by blood flow disorders);
- atherosclerosis of the vessels of the legs( narrowing of the lumens of the vessels);
- hormone-dependent bronchial asthma;
- peripheral edema( excessive accumulation of fluid in the subcutaneous tissue);
- diabetic retinopathy( retinal damage due to elevated blood sugar levels);
- superficial phlebitis( inflammation of veins);
- microangiopathy associated with cardiovascular diseases;
- hemorrhoids( pathology of hemorrhoidal veins);
- thrombophlebitis( thrombosis with venous wall inflammation and thrombus formation;
- arteritis, unspecified( immunopathological inflammation of the vessels).
More details about thrombophlebitis:
Contraindications to the taking.
It is not recommended if:
- pregnancy - undesirable( at the beginningpregnancy - contraindicated);
- hypersensitivity ( unwanted immune system reaction to the drug may lead to discomfort, and in severe cases, to death);
- exacerbation of gastric ulcerska and 12 and duodenal ulcer ;
- gemmorragii , caused by substances that affect blood clotting;
- contraindicated in children under 13 years
mechanism of action.
Calcium dobezilate helps increase the elasticity of red blood cells, improves the excretory function of lymphatic vessels. Reduces the bleeding of blood vessels. Improves blood circulation.
Promotes resorption of post-traumatic hematomas. Prevents the stagnation of blood in varicose veins of the lower extremities. Increases the resistance of capillaries. Influencing the vascular endothelium reduces the activity of kinins in the blood plasma.
Instructions for use
It should be taken orally after meals or during meals, not chewed - the first 2 weeks of 250 mg 3 times a day, then the dose is reduced, taken once a day for 500 mg.
Maintenance dose of 0.25 g to 0.5 g per day.
The course of treatment can last from 2 weeks to several months( the severity of the disease).
Depending on the disease, the following is accepted:
- with acute gouty arthritis - the first administration of 500 mg is then taken 250 mg 2 times with an interval of 2 hours;
- treatment of retinopathy - 250 mg 3 times a day, then - once a day for 500 mg, the course of treatment is 4 to 6 months.
Drug overdose and additional indications
No overdosage is currently available.
Side effects of
Side effects include dyspepsia, diarrhea, gastralgia, allergic reactions, hepatic transaminase.
Rarely can there occur such adverse reactions as fever, chills.
From the side of connective musculoskeletal tissue: rarely - arthralgia.
From the side of the circulatory system: rarely - agranulocytosis.
Calcium dobesilate can be taken for prophylaxis.
If allergic reactions occur, consult a doctor, lower the dose or replace with another drug.
In case of undesirable reactions, the appearance of weakness in fever, sore throat during swallowing, headaches, you should immediately consult a doctor and make a blood test in a clinic.
The drug may influence the result of laboratory tests on the creatinine content in the blood.
Interactions with alcohol and liver problems
Cases not known.
Calcium dobesilate is contraindicated in the presence of kidney and liver diseases.
Interaction with other drugs
Helps enhance the effects of GCS, heparin, indirect anticoagulants, drugs that reduce blood glucose levels.
Interaction with ticlopidine increases antiplatelet activity.
It is not recommended to combine with lithium and methotrexate.
Tips for pregnant women
There are contraindications for taking the drug in the first three months of pregnancy, then should be taken only if the expected health benefits for the mother are much higher than the estimated risk to the fetus, since studies on this issue have not been conducted.
During lactation, it can enter the milk composition in small amounts. It is recommended to stop breastfeeding while taking the drug.
Opinion of patients and doctors
Comments of doctors about the drug Doxie-Chem, analogue of Calcium dobezilate, producer Serbia, you can find below.
Neurosurgeons, applying this medication in their practice, are advised to take it during specified migraine attacks.
As this agent helps to improve the blood vessels and improves blood circulation.
Opinion of patients
Anna Pavlovna, responding about the drug, noted that taking it in conjunction with other medicines during the treatment of trophic ulcers caused by diabetes mellitus noticed a significant improvement in the condition, in addition, there were no side effects from taking the drug.
Opinion of patients about the preparation Vacciton analog Calcium dobezilate, producer Spain.
About this patient, patients who took it, respond positively. So patient Valentine says that because of the frequent wearing of shoes on his heels, I noticed that my legs began to swell and hurt very much.
On the advice of a friend tried this drug. After a week of taking 1 capsule per day, she noticed that the condition of the legs improved significantly, the puffiness became noticeably less, the pain in her legs subsided. A month later, the pain in the legs was completely stopped.
Advantages and disadvantages of
The experience of practical application of the drug shows that in addition to the effectiveness of treatment when it is taken, one more advantage of it in the rarity of side effects.
Does not have negative effects on people whose work requires concentration.
Cost of medicine
Calcium dozesilate is manufactured:
- in tablets of 0.25 g in a jar with dark glass of 50 or 100 pieces;
- in capsules with an opaque casing;
- in powder form in capsules of white, cream or pinkish hue.
The average price of a substance is 270 rubles.
The drug is stored in conditions protected from light, at a temperature not lower than 15 and not above 25 degrees. The drug is stored for three years.
Allowed to leave in a pharmacy without a prescription.
Analogues of the preparation
To analogs it is possible to attribute:
- Calcium dobezilate - producer Ukraine;
- Profetal - producer Russia;
- Vaccareton is a manufacturer of SIMILDIET( Spain);
- Esqualex - manufacturer Russia;
- Doxy-Hem - Serbian production.