Various vascular and venous diseases are the main problem of modern society. It is important to cure these diseases at the initial stages, otherwise they can cause far more serious consequences.
Moreover, now there are many medications for painless treatment of such conditions. At the moment, Fragmin is well-proven in the treatment of venous diseases, there are many positive responses on the net, both patients and doctors themselves. It's all about its properties, which are worth considering in more detail.
The components of the drug have an immunosuppressive and fibrinolytic effect on the body. It is released as a solution for intravenous administration and for injections under the skin.
- Ingredients and Form
- For which diseases it is recommended to use
- Limitations for prescribing
- Schemes and dosages
- Side effects
- Doctors recommend
- Patient opinion
The drug Fragmin is a member of the group of anticoagulants of direct action. The main component of the drug is dalteparin sodium. This substance
It is obtained from the mucosa of the small intestine of pigs and then subjected to further ion exchange chromatography. When ingested, the active substance affects the properties of blood coagulability. The drug binds plasma antithrombin, then leads to a process of inhibiting factor Xa and thrombin.
During the injection under the skin, the suction volume of the drug is almost 90%.
The duration of the half-life after intravenous administration lasts approximately 2 hours, and after application by subcutaneous route - 3-5 hours. The main excretion of sodium dalteparin occurs through the kidneys.
Ingredients and Form
The Fragmin agent is formulated as a solution for administration by the intravenous route or under the skin. The drug is sold in disposable syringes made of glass. The volume of syringes is different from 0.2 ml to 0.72 ml.
The syringes are placed in blisters for 5 or 10 pieces and are contained in packages.
The preparation contains the main component - dalteparin sodium. Its content depends on the dose level of the solution.
Fragmin solution for subcutaneous or intravenous use is stored in syringes 0.2 ml 0.3 ml 0.4 ml 0.5 ml 0.6 ml 0.72 ml, containing respectively 2500 IU 5000 IU 7500 IU 10000 IU12,500 IU of 15,000 IU of 18,000 IU of the active ingredient gave sodium tepararin.
In addition to the main component there are additional components - hydrochloric acid q.s, sodium hydroxide, solution for injection, sodium chloride.
In which diseases it is recommended to use
According to instructions, Fragmin is recommended for use in conditions:
- in the presence of pulmonary thromboembolism ;
- the presence of thrombotic lesions of the deep veins of at the initial stage;
- during myocardial infarction and in conditions with unstable angina, provided that there is no pathological Q wave on the ECG;
- for prophylactic treatment of complications of thromboembolic character of in patients with limited motor functions, in particular, in conditions where bed rest is required, as well as with therapeutic complications at the stage of exacerbation;
- for the preventive treatment of in the formation of thrombi during surgical and orthopedic surgery ;
- for prophylactic treatment of blood clotting in the blood circulation system with the extracorporeal nature of during haemofiltration and hemodialysis of in persons with renal insufficiency of a chronic or acute type;
- with long-term therapeutic treatment for up to six months, which is intended for to prevent the onset of pulmonary thromboembolism and venous thrombotic lesions of in patients with cancer pathologies.
Limitations for the prescription of
It is not advisable to apply the drug at the following indications:
- in the presence of severe bleeding - for example, in peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, as well as during intracranial bleeding;
- for severe bleeding disorders;
- if the patient has a history of thrombocytopenia of the immune type, which is caused by heparin, and also with signs of its presence;
- there is endocarditis of the steppe type;
- has recent traumatic injuries;
- in the presence of surgical operations on the central nervous system, hearing organs, eyes;
- when planning an epidural or spinal anesthetic;
- conducting procedures that are associated with puncture of the lumbar type( if treatment is performed at higher dosages of Fragmin);
- with hypersensitivity to other heparins with a low molecular weight type;
- in the presence of hypersensitivity to the constituent components of the drug.
In addition, the drug in higher dosages during the postoperative period is used with extreme caution. It is possible to use Fragmin during pregnancy, but only according to the doctor's indications.
Diagrams and dosages
Dosages Fragmin and therapy scheme directly depend on the nature of the disease:
- During the treatment of pulmonary thromboembolism and thrombotic disease of deep veins of acute type , a subcutaneous solution should be applied at a dosage of 200 IU / kg 1 time per day or 100 ME /kg 2 times a day. Together, you can use anticoagulants with an indirect effect. Therapeutic therapy should last until the level of prothrombin in the blood reaches the normal level.
- During prophylactic treatment of thrombus formation during surgical interventions injections are administered subcutaneously. It is administered in doses of 100 IU / kg 2 times a day. Additional analysis to determine the level of prothrombin is not done.
- Patients with who have a risk of having thromboembolic complications of during surgery should be administered subcutaneously 2 hours before the intervention. Fragmin is administered at a dosage of 2500 IU.Then it is injected into the postoperative period. Each day, injections must be injected subcutaneously in dosages of a solution of 2500 IU.Injections are administered as long as the patient complies with bed rest.
- For individuals with oncological diseases , who have a risk of venous thrombotic pathologies, the drug should be used in dosages: 1 month - the drug is administered subcutaneously once a day at a dosage of 200 IU / 1 kg. The maximum daily dose is 18000 IU;2-6 months - the solution is applied every day at a dosage of 150 IU / 1 kg, it is necessary to use syringes with a fixed dosage.
Side effects of
During the use of the medicine, side effects may occur:
- occurrence of hematomas at the site of drug administration;
- occurrence of bleeding;
- can be observed intracranial and peritoneal bleeding;
- from the side of the digestive system may increase the activity of hepatic transaminases;
- can cause pain at the injection site, necrosis;
- various allergic reactions.
From reviews of doctors.
The drug Fragmin is a good remedy for the treatment of high blood coagulability. In addition, it helps with various venous diseases, phlebitis, thrombosis, thromboembolism. In my practice, he repeatedly proved his effectiveness.
All my patients who have been prescribed treatment with the drug note its effectiveness. But still it is worth using only after the appointment of a doctor.
The drug really helps in the treatment of various venous and thrombotic pathologies. It proves its effectiveness. In my practice, I often had to prescribe this remedy to patients, and almost all of them helped.
But do not forget about contra-indications and side effects, the poet must use it only for the doctor's prescription.
Opinion of patients
What ordinary people think.
I've had varicose veins for a long time. Which methods I have not tried for his treatment, but all of them did not give a positive result. Moreover, I began to have deep vein thrombosis.
After the examination, the doctor appointed me a preparation Fragmin. After 2 weeks of treatment, I noticed a slight improvement. Of course, the disease did not go away, but at least I am now suffering from severe pain and swelling.
Evgenia, 49 years old
I was prescribed a medication for the prophylactic treatment of pulmonary temboembolism. I was treated with this remedy for about 2-3 weeks, I do not remember exactly.
But what can I say, after the treatment, I noticed significant improvements. In my opinion, this is the best tool for treating thrombotic diseases.
Alexandra, 56 years
Price Fragmina depends on the dosage:
- in ampoules of 10,000 IU, 1 ml in the amount of 10 pieces - 3200 rubles;
- in syringes 2500 IU, 0.2 ml of 10 pieces - 1500 rubles;
- in syringes 5000 IU, 0.2 ml of 10 pieces - 1800 rubles.
Replace the drug with a similar one only after approval by the attending physician.