Ginger biscuits - recipes, decoration and storage of it will be discussed in detail in our article. The history of the origin of this unusually popular delicacy sends us to medieval England.
It was there that an unknown monk, wishing to please the brothers with delicious Christmas baked goods, accidentally tipped into a bowl with a dough a jar of precious spices. Baking turned out so delicious that the recipe quickly spread throughout Europe, and the cookies became an integral attribute of Christmas. It was almost 900 years ago.
Medieval confectioners created from them fantastically beautiful small towns. Recognized leaders in the production of delicious gingerbread and cookies since that time are masters who live in Pardubice, Nuremberg and Torun.Ginger biscuit, video recipe from "Creativity in the kitchen":
Classic ginger biscuit with cinnamon
How to make ginger biscuits? It is absolutely not difficult to make, being in the walls of your own house.
Set of ground spices:
- Carnation - 1 teaspoon.
- Cinnamon - 2 tsp.
- Ginger - 2 tsp.
- Black pepper or cardamom - ½ tsp.
- The liquid component of the dough is prepared by placing in a blender 200 g of softened butter, the same amount of sugar and chicken egg.
- After sifting the wheat flour( two full glasses with a slide), pour into it half a teaspoon of soda and a set of spices, and then add the contents of the blender to it.
- After mixing, a very soft and plastic shortcake is obtained.
- Its temperature should be no higher than room temperature, therefore, packed in a polyethylene film, it is sent to the lower shelf of the refrigerator for a quarter of an hour. Only under this condition it will be cut without problems.
- Chilled semi-finished products are thinly rolled and, armed with molds, begin to transform a faceless layer, creating a variety of figures.
- Using a wide knife, shifting the billets to a baking sheet, bake a biscuit in a hot( 180 degrees) oven. This process should take no more than a quarter of an hour.
How to paint ginger dainty? For its decoration, traditionally use aysing - sugar icing.
Create a classic glaze:
- Protein, separated from the yolk, whipped with a whisk or a mixer with sugar powder( 150 g) until a strong foam is obtained.
- If a teaspoon of glaze, laid out on a saucer, is able to keep its shape, without spreading at the same time - the product is ready.
Filling the confectionery syringe with glaze, decorate it with chilled biscuits. Painting from properly cooked aysing should freeze in a couple of hours. Smart cookies are placed on the Christmas tree and presented for Christmas.
Crispy ginger biscuits with glaze
Stages of production:
- Yolks separated from proteins( 2 pieces) are mixed with a quarter cup of powdered sugar and butter( 25 g).
- Make a mixture of a glass of flour, a freshly prepared orange peel( a tablespoon), a dessert spoon of cognac, a powder of ginger and cinnamon( a half teaspoon) and a small amount of baking powder, knead the dough.
- Prepared semi-finished products are allowed to come in the refrigerator.
- Making a thin( not thicker than 3 mm) layer, take molds and cut out flowers or asterisks.
- Bake for about ten minutes on a baking sheet covered with parchment. The oven temperature is 160 degrees.
- Half fresh lemon.
- Sugar powder - 200 g.
- Egg - 1 pc.
Glaze for ginger biscuits is prepared as follows:
- First whisk the whipped, turning into a thick foam.
- On a spoon falling asleep powdered sugar, achieve formation of a brilliant and dense substance.
- Pour juice into it, squeezed out of half a lemon, resume whipping.
- To obtain a light pink glaze, it is enough to introduce a drop of cherry syrup into it.
- The glazed cookies are dried in a 50 ° oven cooled down with the ventilation mode turned on.
"Let's eat at home": recipe for ginger biscuits from Julia Vysotskaya
We present you the best recipe for a delicious delicacy offered by a famous Russian TV presenter.
- After turning on the oven, bring the heating temperature to 180 degrees.
- Fresh ginger( two small pieces) rub, turning into a gruel.
- Using a mortar, prepare in it a clove-cinnamon mix of five nails and a teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Mix all the dry ingredients: flour( one glass), a set of spices, baking powder and ginger slurry.
- A not too hard dough is made from an incubated butter( 100 g) and flour mixture.
- Having sprinkled the cutting board with a small amount of flour, a thin layer is made.
- Cutting out a cookie of any shape, cut them slightly with sugar or pieces of crushed almonds.
- Place the cookies on the flour-padded and oiled baking sheet, they are baked for half an hour.
Say7: recipe for ginger biscuits from Anastasia Skripkina
New year cookies "ginger little men", made for children, like them thanks to not only the excellent taste, but also the opportunity to participate in their decorating.
Sequence of the process:
- First rub the oil( 100 g) with the same portions of brown sugar and honey.
- After thoroughly mixing the mixture, add to it a combination of spices( two teaspoons of cinnamon and ginger powder) and two selected eggs.
- After adding two teaspoons of baking powder, add flour( 400 g) and knead the dough.
- The quality of the baking is determined by the thickness of the dough rolling: made of a thin sheet, it will be crisp, from thicker - soft.
- If there are no cuts, you can take stencils cut from paper. Put them on the dough, cut out the contour of the little men with the tip of the knife.
- Bake by covering the form with parchment. The thin dough to transfer to it is difficult, therefore it roll out directly on parchment. After cutting out the figures, the trimming of the dough is removed, and the workpieces are transferred together with the parchment.
- Baking is done in the oven( 180 degrees).It will be ten minutes.
How to decorate ginger men? To do this, usually use chocolate or sugar glaze, pastry pencil, pearls or sprinkle.
"Sweet stories": recipe for ginger biscuits from Alexander Seleznev
- 400 grams of carefully sifted flour is combined with a tablespoon of spices( ground ginger and cinnamon) and a small( at the tip of a teaspoon) amount of soda.
- Rubbing the butter( 120 g) with sugar( 200 g), preheat the composition until it is completely dissolved. Pour it into the mixture of ingredients.
- After adding honey( four dessert spoons), inject the beaten egg.
- Slightly kneading the dough, turn it into a 0.5 cm thick layer.
- A funny figurine is cut out with metal die-cuts. It can be animals: horses, monkey, bunny.
- After warming the oven to two hundred degrees, proceed to baking cookies. This process can take about twenty minutes.
- The decoration of the cookie is done with the help of a cornet filled with protein composition intended for the decoration of confectionery. First, the cookie is outlined with a white line around the outline. After that, having tinted the composition, decorate the central part of each figure.
"Everything will be tasty": recipe for ginger biscuits from Tatyana Litvinova
- Raster 150 grams of chilled butter with a serving of sugar( 75 g), add a dessert spoon of rustic sour cream, a packet of baking powder, ginger( dessert spoon), drive one egg.
- Gradually pouring 300 grams of flour, mix the short dough.
- A fragrant semi-finished product is placed in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Roll out the cooled dough, cut out small cookies with a glass.
- Baking is made in an oven heated up to two hundred degrees. It can take about a quarter of an hour.
- Finished cookies are left for a while, allowing them to cool.
- Melting a couple of milk chocolate bars on a steam bath, grease them with half of each cookie and decorate with crushed walnuts.
"Everything will be good": recipe for ginger biscuits from Lisa Glinskaya:
- Ginger powder - ½ tsp.
- Ground cinnamon - 1 teaspoon. Nut nutmeg - ½ tsp.
- First mix all the dry ingredients: flour( 400 g), a quarter cup of granulated sugar, a set of spices, a bag of baking powder and zest obtained from one lemon and half an orange.
- Add cubes of cooled vegetable-cream spread( 200 g), make oil-flour crumb.
- After driving the egg, knead the plastic dough.
- Having made of it a thick layer, it is wrapped in a film and placed in an icebox for an hour.
- From the thinly rolled up dough cut out funny figures and flowers.
- Bake them on a baking sheet lined with oiled paper at a temperature of 160 degrees. Ten minutes is enough.
The mastic is prepared as follows:
- The gelatin, soaked in two tablespoons of water( a teaspoon with a slide) is dissolved in a classical way( on a steam bath).
- Mix the melted gelatin, protein, dessert spoon of lemon juice and the same spoon of vegetable oil.
- Add 2.5 cups of powdered sugar.
- The mass is first mixed with a wooden spoon, then kneaded with hands.
- It is so dense that it can be rolled with a rolling pin. Having taken metal or plastic die-cuts, cut out different figures. They decorate the cooled cookies.
Ginger biscuits, as in Ikea
Cookies "as from Ikea" are prepared as follows:
- Ginger in powder - 2 tsp.
- Ground cinnamon and cardamom - 1 teaspoon.
- Ground cloves - ½ tsp.
How to prepare:
- Mix a set of ground spices and a teaspoon of soda, pour them with flour( 200 g).
- In a separate container, a mixture of equal( 100 g) portions of butter and granulated sugar is beaten with a mixer.
- After driving in the same egg, pour in liquid honey( three teaspoons) and thoroughly beat the resulting substance.
- After pouring 200 g of flour into it, once again thoroughly mix the ingredients.
- The ready-made semi-finished product is left in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Roll out a thin layer, molds cut out a cookie.
- The dough, loose on consistency, can collapse at the moment of transfer of cookies on a baking sheet, therefore it is necessary to do it carefully.
- Bake on an oiled baking tray.
- A ginger biscuit with honey can quickly burn out, so it is necessary to get it out of the oven at the first signs of baking the top. This process can take just over five minutes.
- A fairly tough and crunchy cookie is stored for a month if placed in a tin box.
Christmas honey-ginger biscuits
We offer a basic recipe for traditional ginger dainties, which are baked at Christmas in many European countries( recipes with photos in a variety of represented on the Internet).
- Ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon - 1 teaspoon each.
Sequence of preparation:
- After beating with a mixer of a softened butter and sugar( taken for 100 grams), add half a cup of liquid honey and a chicken egg. Resume whipping.
- Take a separate bowl, mix in it a set of spices, salt and soda( half teaspoon), sift the mixture and add it to the egg-and-oil substance.
- Gradually introducing two glasses of flour, knead the plastic dough.
- Put it in a plastic bag, for one hour, cleaned into the working chamber of the refrigerator.
- While the oven is warming up( up to 180 degrees), the cooled semi-finished product is rolled up to a thickness of 0, 5 cm and cut out with molds. The most popular figures are the sheep, the fir-tree, the angel.
- Bake 15 minutes, pre-lining the baking sheet with paper.
Creation of glaze( ajsinga):
- After whipping the protein until a strong foam forms, pour in half the lemon juice and cover with powdered sugar( 250 g).
- Aisin-decorated cookies are left for a while, allowing it to dry.
Gingerbread cookies "Hello, New Year"
Homemade ginger biscuits with such a funny name come out crumbly and tender.
- Grated ginger( 50 g) is mixed with a softened margarine( 250 g) and a glass of sugar.
- After beating the mixture of ingredients with a mixer, add two egg yolks and a pinch of salt. Continue beating.
- After pouring two glasses of flour, make a soft dough.
- On a cutting board powdered with flour, it is transformed into a thin sheet. Cut images of little animals and New Year symbols.
- A cherry is placed in the middle of each cookie.
- Fast bake in a hot oven.
Ginger biscuits with chocolate for the wedding
- Ginger powder - 1,5 tsp.
- Ground cloves - ½ tsp. Nutmeg - on the tip of a spoon.
- Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon.
Stages of preparation:
- In a deep bowl, mix 300 g of flour, a mixture of spices, cocoa powder( 2 tablespoons) and salt.
- In another container, make a lush mass of sugar( 120 grams of brown and plain) and cream margarine( 120 g).After that, enter the egg and resume whipping.
- Add 60 grams of molasses( black molasses) and a teaspoon of vanilla extract, once again whisk the future dough.
- Gradually pouring spicy flour mixture, get a homogeneous mass.
- After chopping 250 g of dark chocolate in small pieces, add it to the dough and mix the aroma substance for the last time.
- When scooping a dough with a tablespoon, roll the koloboks and sprinkle them with sugar.
- On the baking sheet they are placed at a considerable distance from each other.
- Bake at 170 degrees for no more than ten minutes( before the cracking of the koloboks begins).
Lenten ginger biscuit
- Fresh ginger - 2 tsp.
- Ground cloves and cinnamon - 1 teaspoon.
- Liquid ingredients( 150 ml of water, 7 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of liquid honey), a set of spices, a bag of vanillin, salt and a pinch of soda are beaten in a blender.
- Overflowing the composition into a saucepan, fall asleep 5 tbsp.spoons of wheat bran and 2.5 cups of flour, knead the dough that does not stick to the hands.
- Small cookies are cut out of the cooled rolled-up dough.
- Duration of baking( at a temperature of 180 degrees) no more than 15 minutes.
Dietary ginger biscuit
Useful properties of this delicacy prepared without oil, are due to the use of the ingredients that make up the dough.
- Bran or oat flakes - 5 tbsp.spoons. Egg whites - 4 pcs.
- Low-fat cottage cheese - 2 tbsp.spoons.
- Ginger powder - 1.5 tbsp.spoons.
- Honey - 1 tsp.
- Vanilla essence - 2 drops.
- Four proteins( chilled) are beaten with a mixer.
- Taking the ingredients from the above list, add them to the whipped proteins and knead the soft dough. Too thick dough can be thinned by pouring kefir or iced milk. The liquid composition can be thickened by adding bran.
- After wrapping the film, leave it for 10 minutes for proofing.
- By lining the baking sheet with oiled parchment, the hands form a cookie of an arbitrary shape.
- Bake a quarter of an hour at 180 degrees.
- Sprinkle with the crushed nut before serving and send it to the oven for another couple of minutes.
Dukan ginger biscuit
How to cook ginger biscuits with a prescription from Dr. Ducane? The dough for it is kneaded on water, without honey, sugar and other excesses. That is why such a delicacy can be safely included in a diet for weight loss. However, the benefit and harm of this delicious delicacy is a topic for a separate article.
- Oat bran - 3 tbsp.spoons.
- Sweetener - 2 tbsp.spoons.
- Dried ginger - a dessert spoon.
- Yogurt - 1 teaspoon.
- Protein - ½ pcs.
- Baking powder - ½ tsp.
- Vanilla essence - 3 drops.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly and prepare a liquid dough. If necessary, you can mix a little more bran into it.
- After laying the dough with a spoon on a baking sheet lined with paper( leaving significant intervals between portions), it is sent to the oven, heated to 180 degrees.
- The baking process will take about 20 minutes. Turning off the oven, the cookie is left in it for another 10 minutes( for drying).Thanks to this manipulation it will turn out dry, crunchy and soaked.
Swedish gingerbread cookie
A traditional Swedish recipe, cooked for Christmas and Easter, can be cooked at home.
Stages of manufacture:
- From 150 ml of water, 150 g of honey, 120 g of cane and 50 g of white sugar, syrup is cooked.
- After turning off the cooker, pieces of butter( 150 g) are dissolved in the syrup and mixed thoroughly until a uniform consistency is obtained.
- Stirring 500 g of flour and a bag of baking powder, start very carefully pour into it a hot sugar-honey syrup. The substance is always kneaded with a wooden spoon.
- Having achieved the formation of a homogeneous mixture, the dishes are covered with a canvas napkin and left for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Finished semi-finished product is thin( up to 2 mm) rolled out. The crunchy properties of the final product depend on this.
- Armed with die cuts, cut out a variety of figures.
- The baking process takes no more than ten minutes.
Ginger biscuits: American and English recipe
We present variants of recipes popular with English and American housewives.
American version of
Creating a dessert:
- 3 slices of candied ginger crushed, three - converted into cubes.
- Mix 300 g of flour, 100 g of sugar, yolk, a pinch of ground ginger, make the dough.
- After wrapping the film, it is put on the lower shelf of the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Small pieces( 4x6 cm) of rectangles are cut out from the rolled out layer and they are placed on a baking dish.
- Lubricating the cookies with whipped yolk, make the powder from the ginger cubes.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven.
English classic recipe
The world-famous chef Jamie Oliver is an advocate of English cuisine. Here is one of his favorite recipes.
- Mix a mixture of 50 ml of orange juice, 3 teaspoons of honey and 100 g of granulated sugar in a mixer.
- After making the gruel from the candied ginger slices, fill it with whipped substance.
- Add the remaining ingredients to it, knead the dough.
- After standing in the refrigerator roll it out.
- The cooked liver cakes are baked in a hot oven. The process takes no more than five minutes.
Gingerbread cookie in the multivariate
The use of the multivark is a simple and fascinating process, accessible to every hostess.
- Mix half a cup of sugar, a bag of vanillin and 1.5 tablespoons of ground ginger, add shavings from 100 g of creamy margarine, obtained with a large grater.
- Wiping the semi-finished product by hand, get butter and flour crumb.
- Mix it with honey and yolks, knead the dough.
- Time for proofing the finished dough in the refrigerator is one hour.
- The rolled layer is cut using die cuts.
- Pechenyushki sent to the multivark and cook for 15 minutes, using the baking mode. At the end of the eighth minute, the cookies are turned over and kept in a closed appliance until ready.
How to decorate a ginger biscuit
Decorating a ginger biscuit, especially designed to decorate a tree or presented as a gift to loved ones, is a very fascinating creative activity.
- Most often it is decorated with multi-colored glaze( aysing), and its consistency varies. The contour of the decor is performed by a very dense, rapidly setting aysing.
- Use liquid glaze to fill the completed contour. It is obtained by diluting thick aysing. For this purpose, lemon juice is added dropwise and the composition is continuously stirred.
- For decorating ginger biscuits, they use nuts, melted chocolate, confectionery pearls, pieces of candied fruit, coconut chips and all kinds of sprinkles.
- You can get acquainted with receptions and secrets of decorating by watching the master class.
Storing and caloric value of ginger biscuits
Average energy value of ginger delicacy is 415 kcal. This indicator may vary considerably depending on its formulation.
- The ideal storage capacity for ginger biscuits are tightly closed tin boxes. They are often packed with solid producers.
- A good option for home storage of cookies are packets-influers, equipped with hermetically sealed fastening. They reliably protect the ginger delicacy from increased humidity and drying.
- According to GOST, the optimal shelf life of sugar cookies is three months. The humidity of air should not exceed 75%.
- Direct sunlight on the packet with cookies is also undesirable.
As a symbol of Christmas, ginger biscuits are perfectly combined with hot mulled wine and fragrant tea. In many countries of Europe there are entire guilds of bakers specializing in baking gingerbread and cookies.
The name of ginger capital for many centuries deservedly enjoys Nuremberg. Products of local craftsmen are examples of high baking art and are demonstrated at exhibitions.