From cauliflower, you can cook not only a large number of delicious, delicious everyday and festive dishes, but also many useful preparations for the whole year. Of course, in the supermarket you can buy a fresh fork in the cold season, but the price for it will not be very pleasant. Harvesting cauliflower for the winter will help save the family budget and diversify the menu, as cabbage can not only be frozen, canned or dried, but also prepared unusual and interesting salads, combining cabbage inflorescences with various vegetables.
- Workpiece preparation and preparation of products
- Preserving without vinegar
Workpiece preparation and preparation of products
Prepare cauliflower for future use in the following ways:
- pickling cabbage inflorescences;
- canned cabbage with other vegetables in the form of salad.
Whichever method you prefer, first you need to conduct preliminary procedures for processing cabbage.
- First of all it is important to choose a good, juicy fork without dark spots and yellow coating.
- Cabbage should be peeled off from leaves and immersed in salt water. This is necessary in order to get rid of the small beetles and spiders that can live inside the vegetable.
- Hold the forks in the water for 12 minutes and when the insects come to the surface, pour out the water, wash the cabbage, dry it, and divide it into inflorescences.
It remains to select the desired procurement method.
The easiest way to prepare cauliflower for the winter, while maintaining the benefits of the vegetable to the maximum. Freeze raw or slightly blanched in water with the addition of citric acid inflorescence. As containers use food containers or tight bags with a fastener, it is convenient and saves space in the freezer.
It's a good idea to freeze cauliflower along with other vegetables - broccoli, sweet pepper, zucchini, carrots and other crops. Get a great variety of vegetables.
A somewhat unusual way of billet that is not very popular, but it's good that, like freezing, it helps to preserve cabbage without the use of preservatives such as vinegar or salt. Suitable for those who do not have a roomy freezer or have run out of space.
The drying sequence is as follows:
- Cut cabbage into pieces, cut off the legs, leaving about 1-1.5 cm to the inflorescences themselves so that they do not fall apart.
- Large inflorescences are better to cut into several parts.
- Dip into boiling water for 2 minutes, lay on a strainer or colander.
- Put on a baking sheet in one layer and dry in an oven at a temperature of 60 degrees.
- While drying the inflorescence, stir occasionally.
- Transfer the dried cabbage to cans or bags and close tightly.
- You need to store it in a dry, dark place.
- Before preparation, the dried product must be soaked.
This is one of the most delicious way of harvesting cauliflower for the winter. Inflorescences of cabbage are laid out in a jar with spices, pour marinade and clogged with lids. Marinade is prepared with the addition of vinegar, which will increase the shelf life of vegetables and give them a special taste. You can make a simple pickled cabbage or make a salad, adding different vegetables to the jar, this appetizer will look very festive and elegantly on any table.
Marinated cauliflower with peppers
- 1 head of cauliflower;
- 2 Bulgarian fleshy peppers;
- 1 pod of hot pepper;
- 2 small spoons of vinegar;Peppercorns pea, black and fragrant;
- laurel leaves;
- little cloves and dill umbrella;
- several cloves of garlic( to taste);
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar;
- 2 coffee spoons of salt;
- liter of water.
- Cut cabbage into small inflorescences.
- Cut out the core of the sweet and hot peppers, get rid of seeds and partitions.
- Sweet peppers cut into half rings, bitter with small pieces of arbitrary shape.
- Garlic clean and divided into segments, large can be divided into halves.
- At the bottom of the pre-prepared glass jars, put the peppercorns, laurel, dill umbrella, sweet pepper and chili pieces.
- Lastly, put cabbage inflorescences together with garlic.
- Pour the contents of the can with boiling water and leave for 6 minutes, the vegetables just have time to warm up.
- Pour the water into the marinade cookware, cover with sugar and salt.
- The liquid should boil for about 5 minutes.
- In a jar of vegetables, pour the vinegar, pour all the marinade and carefully clog the lids.
- Cool and store in a basement, storage room or cellar.
This recipe can be varied by adding pieces of carrots, onion rings and broccoli, and a bright coloration will be added by adding beet and tomato juice.
Preservation without vinegar
Not everyone can afford to eat delicious spinach from cauliflower because of the presence of vinegar in it, which is contraindicated for people with certain gastrointestinal diseases. In this case, the recipe of preparation without the use of vinegar will come to the aid, and spicy note will taste spices and garlic. The taste will turn out to be more gentle and softer, so it is necessary to have at least one or two jars, prepared in this way, in the arsenal.
To prepare a tasty and useful billet, you will need:
- 1.6 kg cauliflower;
- 250 grams of red onions;
- large head of garlic;
- 1 salad pepper;
- 2 liters of water;
- 0.5 teaspoon of mustard seed;
- 110 grams of salt;
- sweet pepper.
- Separated into separate inflorescences, treat the cabbage in boiling water with salt addition for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the cabbage into a strainer and let the liquid drain.
- Pepper rinse, cut out the seeds and cut into oblong pieces.
- Garlic divided into slices, chop the onion into small quarters.
- Put all the vegetables and spices on the bottom of the jar, pour boiling water with salt.
- Leave it for 18 minutes.
- The obtained infusion should be poured back into the cooking container and wait until it boils.
- Refill the vegetables and cork.
This method does not involve blockage of the cans, as a preservative is rock salt( not iodized).Such a preparation is stored not so long as a conservation, but it can stand without problems throughout the winter on the balcony or on the shelf of the refrigerator.
- 1.9 kg cauliflower;
- 380 grams of carrot;
- 2.5 tablespoons of salt;
- dill umbrellas, cherry leaves, celery stalks.
- Vegetables and greens wash, inflorescences soak in salt water, dry.
- Cut the carrot into thick slices.
- Spread the herbs on the bottom of the glassware, mix the carrots with cabbage, spread over the greens.
- Prepare brine from water and salt, pour it on vegetables and close with dense lids.
- Store in a cool place, soak in water before use.
The souring process is almost identical to salting, but involves the use of less salt, this preform does not need to be soaked before cooking. Pour cabbage with hot or cold brine, this will affect the fermentation time. Store sauerkraut on the shelf of the refrigerator or in a cold basement.
A simple recipe: sauerkraut with beets and carrots.
- 1,8 kg of cabbage inflorescence;
- 1 beet;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- 1 large carrot;Pepper pea
- 50 grams of rock salt;
- 70 grams of granulated sugar;
- 1.5 liters of water.
- Cut the beets and carrots with a large grater, cut the garlic into slices.
- Put in pieces of cauliflower mixed with chopped vegetables in sterile glassware.
- Pour hot or cold brine from sugar and salt dissolved in water.
- Cover with gauze and leave in the warmth for 4 days when hot, for 7 days with cold brine.
- Close the cap nylon and put it in the cold for storage.
Having prepared cauliflower for the winter on any recipe, you will provide yourself with tasty and useful food until next summer!