Juicy, bright, sweet and sour honeysuckle berries in summer give a rich harvest. Fresh berry contains a large number of useful vitamins, and the content of vitamin C is not inferior to lemon. The use of honeysuckle will help with gastrointestinal disorders, strengthen the vessels, the berry is an excellent antipyretic and anti-inflammatory agent. But its season is not long, it quickly ripens and just as quickly spoils. Therefore it is useful to know how to prepare honeysuckle for the winter, in order to receive a dose of vitamins and valuable microelements throughout the year.
- methods preform honeysuckle
- Honeysuckle sugar
- jam honeysuckle
- compote honeysuckle
- Mashed honeysuckle sugar
- Interesting recipes
From honeysuckle berries preparing a variety of workpiece -jam, compotes, juice, mashed potatoes, jams, syrup, pastille, wine and many others. All of them are obtained by heat treatment, which slightly reduces the number of useful elements, but reduces the irritating properties of the berries. Therefore, such blanks can be consumed even by people suffering from gastritis or peptic ulcer.
There are more gentle ways to preserve the maximum benefit and vitamins, for this, honeysuckle is dried or frozen. All recipes of blanks are worthy of attention, so you need to get to know them better.
The fastest and most affordable way that will save not only all vitamins, but also the appearance and aroma of fresh berries. The way of preparation is simple:
- honeysuckle, clean, rinse and soak with a paper towel to remove excess moisture;
- spread on a flat surface, dish, tray or cutting board with a layer of about 2 cm, put in the refrigerator;
- in 1-2 hours, put in a container and put into a freezer;
- can immediately freeze a useful dessert, for which to pour the berries with condensed milk before shipment to the freezer.
You can dry your honeysuckle in two ways. It is important to remember that for drying you choose slightly unripe berries.
- Honeysuckle put a thin layer on a tray or paper and dry under direct sunlight for one to one and a half weeks.
- Put the berries in an even layer on the baking tray and dry in the oven for 7-9 hours at 45-60 degrees.
Honeysuckle in sugar
With this method, it is not necessary to subject the berries to heat treatment, it is enough to perform simple actions:
- honeysuckle is gently mixed with sugar in a ratio of 1: 2, so that berries are not damaged and remain intact;
- fill the jars, not reaching 1-1.5 cm to the edge;
- is topped with a layer of sugar 1 cm;
- roll up the cans.
Jam is the most popular billet, which is used not only as a delicious dessert, but also as a preventive and therapeutic antipyretic. There are two ways to prepare jam from honeysuckle for the winter, classic and "dry".
For the preparation of jam choose ripe, but not overripe fruit. Sugar and honeysuckle are taken in a 1: 1 ratio. The process takes quite a long time:
- The berries are washed and thrown back to the colander.
- Sugar is dissolved in water, a glass of water is taken for 1 kilogram of water, and the syrup is cooked for 10 minutes.
- In the boiling syrup add the honeysuckle, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Allow to stand for 6-8 hours, covered with a lid or a towel.
- Then put on the fire and cook for 12-15 minutes until the berries stop rising to the surface.
- You can store such jam even without clogging in cans, covering with a normal cap nylon.
- To avoid dessert, add a little lemon juice or a couple of grams of citric acid. Jam without heat treatment
- Rice berries with sugar in equal proportions.
- Sugar should completely dissolve. If grains remain, you can slightly warm the mass until the moment of complete dissolution of sugar, no more.
- Jam rolled in jars and stored in a cool place, at a temperature of no higher than 5 degrees.
Honeysuckle contains a natural thickener, so jelly can be made from it even without the addition of gelatin. Here are a couple of recipes.
- from berries squeeze juice and mix it with water in an equal ratio;
- add gelatin - per liter of liquid 20 grams of powder;
- boil a mass of 5 minutes;
- should be poured over cans and sealed with lids.
- mix a liter of berry juice and 800 grams of sugar;
- heat and cook stirring until the mass has decreased by a third;
- roll in cans.
Very useful dessert, which is obtained from the berry mass left after pressing the juice( cake).
- Take sugar and cake in a ratio of 1: 1, mix well.
- Leave on for 3-5 hours, during which time the sugar should completely dissolve.
- Mass the roll out with a rolling pin, sprinkle with a little sugar and dry it in the oven.
- Cool the chopped chop.
To prepare syrup for the winter, you need to take 1 kg of honeysuckle, 2 kg of granulated sugar and a liter of clean water. The preparation process is as follows:
- from berries squeeze juice through gauze or with the help of a juicer;
- the sugar is poured into a saucepan, water is added and heated to 80 degrees;
- when sugar dissolves, pour berry juice, boil for 2 minutes;
- the mixture is removed from the heat and cooled at room temperature;
- is refrigerated for 7 hours;
- with the finished syrup remove the formed foam and pour over the banks, tightly plugging them.
Delicious and healthy juice from berries of honeysuckle can be drunk immediately on preparation or poured into cans and corked for the winter. The recipe is simple:
- The berries are blanched for 3 minutes.
- Squeeze through gauze or squeeze the juice with a juicer.
- Add sugar as desired.
- Poured into cans.
The compote is made from fresh or dried berries.
- 300 grams of honeysuckle;
- 2 liters of water;
- 9-10 large spoons of sugar.
- Put the washed berries in a pot and pour them with water.
- Bring to a boil, add sugar.
- Boil for 3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Cover and insist 2-3 hours.
To store the drink all winter, it is prepared according to another recipe. Ingredients:
- berries of honeysuckle;
- 400 grams of sugar;
- liter of water.
- Boil syrup from water and sugar.
- Banks fill with berries for 2/3.
- Top with syrup.
- Pasteurize for 20 minutes.
- Cork and turn on the cover.
Grated honeysuckle with sugar
For preparation of grated honeysuckle with sugar it is necessary to take a kilogram of berries, combine them with 1.3 kg of granulated sugar and grind them using a meat grinder or blender. Warm the mixture until the sugar has completely dissolved, poured into jars and sprinkled with a little sugar on top. Close the lid. Store in a cool place.
Jam with honeysuckle with strawberries
- 500 grams of honeysuckle;
- 500 grams of strawberries;
- 1,5 kg of granulated sugar.
Method of preparation:
- Grind the berries with a blender or with a meat grinder.
- Put in a large bowl, cover with sugar and leave for 12-24 hours.
- Put berry mass on a quiet fire, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour into cans and seal them tightly.
Candied honeysuckle sauce
An unusual method of harvesting honeysuckle for the winter, is prepared for 3 days.
- 1 kg of honeysuckle;
- 800 grams of sugar.
- Berries fill 1/3 of sugar, mix and cover.
- Leave for a day, several times to prevent mass during this time.
- After the day, add another 1/3 of the sugar and leave again for 24 hours, periodically mixing the berries.
- Repeat the procedure for the third day with the remaining sugar.
- As a result, a syrup with absolutely dry berries-candied fruits is formed in the saucepan, sugar "pulls" out of them all the juices.
- Strain the mass, separating the candied fruits from the syrup.