Eggplant is, perhaps, the record holder in the number of recipes of dishes, which are prepared with its addition. It goes well with meat, cheese, various vegetables and spices. Especially successfully, the blue fruits are in harmony with the sweet pepper, which is present in most recipes with eggplants. During the summer season, it is impossible to cook all the dishes with this vegetable, so the landlady has long learned to make blanks from eggplants with Bulgarian pepper for the winter. And there are a lot of ways and recipes - caviar, salads, snacks, ragout, here is an incomplete list of what you can prepare in the summer to enjoy the wonderful taste of summer vegetables in the winter.
- Preparation of products and preparation rules
- Methods and recipes for billets
- Salads and lecho
- Aubergine eggplants with pepper
- Bulgarian pepper stuffed with eggplant
Preparing products and cooking rules
To keep the winter blanks for a long time, do not ferment or cloud,it is necessary to observe certain rules for selecting and preparing the products for the subsequent preparation:
- Eggplants should be ripe, perhaps slightly immature, resilient, with a dark lilacdense skin without damage and stains. They are not suitable for conservation of overgrown and sun-kissed specimens.
- When buying, pay attention to the presence of the peduncle, it must be firm, not withered, green.
- To get rid of the natural bitterness inherent in aubergines, they are cut into pieces and poured with salt, aged for a couple of hours and thoroughly washed. The second way is to soak the pieces of the vegetable in saline solution( 2 tablespoons of salt per 1 liter of liquid) for 60 minutes, then rinse. This step is optional, you can skip it.
- To improve and saturate the taste of blanks, they are prepared with the addition of other vegetables. Most often it is onions, tomatoes, hot peppers, garlic, carrots.
- Eggplants and Bulgarian pepper have a neutral, slightly sweet taste. To get an acute dish, in addition to chili and garlic, add various spices. Especially well complement the taste of vegetables seasonings for Korean dishes.
- Rolls of vegetables only in pre-sterilized glass jars.
- Canned blanks are tightly sealed with sterile lids, left to cool in warmth, under a warm blanket, then transferred to storage in a pantry, basement or other darkened dry place.
- Sour and salted eggplants are best preserved in the refrigerator, cellar or glassed-in balcony.
Methods of harvesting
Eggplants with pepper for the winter marinade whole, slices, in the form of salads, caviar, stuffed eggplants with pepper or on the contrary, pepper aubergines. In addition, these products can be fermented or salted, then they will be ready for use after a few days.
You can marinate an eggplant entirely with chunks of peppers, pour eggplant slices with a twisted marinade of peppers or tomatoes. In any case, in such a preparation will be present vinegar, salt, vegetable oil and sugar. The billet is served as an appetizer, garnish for meat and fish or a separate dish. You can cook on the stove and in the multivark.
Here is one of the simplest recipes for pickled eggplants with pepper. Especially it will be useful to those who did not previously prepare winter preparations.
You will need:
- 1.3 kg eggplant;
- 900 grams of sweet pepper;
- 450 grams of onions;
- 350 grams of carrot;
- 1 head of garlic;
- 600 grams of tomatoes;
- 3 tbsp.rock salt;
- 80 grams of granulated sugar;
- 120 ml of vegetable oil;
- 90 ml of vinegar.
- Eggplant cut off the attachment point of the peduncle, cut into cubes of medium size, pour salt and leave for 1-1.5 hours, then drain the liquid and rinse the pieces.
- Chop the peppers as well as the eggplant, cut the onions into rings.
- Grind the carrots with a grater, chop the garlic finely.
- Cut tomatoes into small cubes.
- All the vegetables mixed, add salt, pour a mixture of oil and vinegar and cover with sugar.
- Put the dishes with vegetables on the stove, pour 250 ml of water and cook for 12 minutes after the mixture boils.
- Expand on cans and cork.
The easiest way to replenish the vitamin supply with various vegetables is to make billets in the form of salads. There is nothing easier to open a jar of twist in the winter and treat the family a useful, tasty and appetizing salad of eggplant and pepper along with tomatoes, onions and carrots. In all recipes, vinegar is mandatory, not only as a preservative, but also as a taste enhancer. Eggplants have a mildly pronounced taste and need spices and acid. For the same reason, almost all salads from the eggplant are added with garlic.
The most popular winter salad is called "Lecho".In the classical version, it is an appetizer based on sweet peppers with tomatoes, onions and garlic. However, lecho has several options - carrot, squash, apple and eggplant, which deserved the greatest gourmet love.
Here is a simple lecho recipe with aubergines. To make it, you need:
- 0,8 kg of Bulgarian pepper;
- 1.2 kg of aubergines;
- 0,7 kg of tomatoes;
- 6 garlic lobules;
- 2 onion heads;
- 90 ml of oil;
- 2 tbsp.granulated sugar;
- 1 tsp.rock salt;
- 2 tbsp.vinegar;
- 1 coffee spoon of ground paprika.
- In tomatoes, cut the stems.
- Cut into pieces, grind with a blender or meat grinder.
- For peppers cut the core, cut them along the wide strips.
- Eggplant cut into cubes. Cut the onion into half rings and chop the garlic.
- Fry onion in hot oil, pour in puree from tomatoes, wait until it boils.
- Put into the tomato mixture pieces of pepper, paprika, sprinkle with sugar.
- After the paste starts to boil again, put eggplant and garlic. Cook for 25 minutes over moderate heat. Pour in the vinegar and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Put the mixture in sterile jars, seal them with lids and leave to cool for 24 hours in the heat.
Aubergine eggplants with pepper
Quail vegetables preserve vitamins for a long time, they prepare without a drop of vinegar and are ready for use in a week. And the taste is no worse than that of the marinated billets. The most popular way to start eggplant is to stuff them with peppers and other vegetables.
- 1,2 kg of aubergines;
- 4 sweet Bulgarian peppers;
- 250 grams of cabbage;
- 120 grams of carrots;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 2 pods of hot pepper;
- celery root;
- parsley root;
- bunch of parsley leaves;
- 3 tbsp.rock salt - to grind vegetables( how many will take).
- Eggplant cut off the tails, boil in water with the addition of a pinch of salt for 10-12 minutes.
- Cut cabbage and Bulgarian pepper into strips.
- Grate carrots with large divisions.
- Finely chop garlic and parsley leaves.
- Burnt pepper, celery root, chop parsley root in large pieces.
- All vegetables, except eggplant, mix in a large bowl and cover with salt, rub.
- 3 spoons of salt dissolve in two liters of water and put on a plate, the solution should boil.
- Cool aubergines cut along into two halves, not reaching a couple of centimeters to the end.
- Put between the two halves grated with salt vegetables, tie the eggplant culinary thread.
- Place in a saucepan and pour in brine.
- Stand for 4 days in a warm place, for example, in the kitchen.
- Move to the basement or loggia for storage.
Pepper stuffed with eggplant
Another interesting recipe for the preparation of sweet peppers with eggplants for the winter. This dish is very interesting and unusual looks on the table, in order to surprise your guests, you must definitely have a couple of jars of this winter snack in stock.
- 2.2 kg of Bulgarian pepper;
- 1.5 kg eggplant;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 2 kg of tomatoes;
- 10 ml.oil;
- 2 large spoons of salt;
- sugar to taste;
- 4 tbsp.vinegar.
- Remove pepper and pour boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Eggplant cut along thin strips, salt with salt and leave for 30 minutes, rinse, fry.
- When the plates cool down, grease them with finely chopped garlic, twist the rolls, stuff them with peppers and put them in a jar.
- Wipe the tomatoes in a blender, add sugar, salt, pour in a mixture of vinegar and oil.
- Boil the tomato marinade for 10 minutes, pour it on the peppers, sterilize on a quiet fire for 35 minutes, cork.
Eggplant billets with Bulgarian pepper all winter will delight you with a wonderful taste and great benefit!