Almost everyone is familiar with such an unpleasant symptom as a sore throat. The pain can be severe or it may cause slight discomfort, it can be manifested by burning, it can only be observed during conversation or swallowing, or it can not be a long enough period. Also, swelling or redness in the throat is often observed.
What if my throat hurts badly?
If your throat hurts and it hurts to swallow, but there are no other frightening symptoms, you can try to cure yourself with home remedies. A gargle with a soda solution and an abundant warm drink will do. Also, adhere to bed rest and try to talk less. Do not overcool and do not overdo it. All this can worsen your condition.
If in two days you did not manage to eliminate the sore throat, then always consult a doctor. You can not select medicines yourself, especially antibiotics. A professional approach of the doctor is required, which will determine the cause and select the most suitable treatment.
What if I have a sore throat?
If the throat hurts constantly and the standard treatment does not improve, then you need to undergo a more complete examination. It is necessary to be checked up on presence of a gonorrhea, a clamidiosis, a mycoplasmosis, streptococcal infections, a diphtheria. If something from this list is found, the sore throat is only a manifestation of a more serious illness and an unpleasant symptom will disappear only after the root cause has been eliminated.
But if the examination showed no abnormalities in the body, and a person continues to experience constant pain in the throat, then there may be a problem in extraneous factors:
- Low air humidity.
- Tension of muscles.
- Adverse environmental conditions.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux.
- Unstable emotional state.
Eliminate these irritating factors and the pain will pass.
What should I do if my voice is gone and my throat does not hurt?
When the voice disappears, but the throat does not hurt, then a specific treatment is required. It is often enough to just get rid of the source of stress or take a sedative. Normal valerian relaxes nerves and strained ligaments. Take a day off at work, lie in a warm bath, do everything for maximum relaxation and peace. Recommended abundant drink of warm crimson mors. You can rinse your throat with a solution of water, a pinch of salt and a small amount of iodine. Wrap your throat with a warm scarf, and put warm socks on your feet. Try to eat soft, fatty foods and, of course, talk less.
What should I do if my throat hurts and there is no temperature?
If the throat hurts, but the raised or increased body temperature is not observed, all is peer is not necessary to relax. A non-serious approach to any disease can lead to unfortunate consequences.
In addition, a certain amount of food could cause sore throat. For example, thin bones of fish that are stuck in the mucosa and cause pain. The doctor will help to remove the foreign body.
What should I do if my child has a sore throat?
It is impossible to give medicines to a small child without prescribing a doctor. But before the arrival of the pediatrician, you can lightly ease the baby's condition. To do this, abundantly drink it with a tincture of chamomile. Help and inhalation with medicinal herbs - use a steam inhaler. Or let the crumb breathe saline by using a nebulizer. So you moisten the inflamed mucosa.
A proven effective method for treating sore throat - alcohol compress. Vodka should be diluted with water in a ratio of 1: 2.Dampen the gauze bandage with a solution and put it on the child's neck. The compress should be covered with paper( for example, for baking) and tied with a woolen shawl. After 1-2 hours, remove the bandage.
Another option is to drink the baby with licorice root syrup( without alcohol, you can give it to adults) - 1 teaspoon is enough to relieve the pain in the child's throat. Quickly helps with the first symptoms of perspiration and sore throat.
What if I have a sore throat during pregnancy?
Pregnant should avoid drug treatment if you can cope with folk recipes. Use such popular means:
- Apple vinegar in a ratio of 5 ml of vinegar to 200 ml of warm boiled water. Carry out the procedure every hour.
- Sea salt .1 dessert spoon of sea salt, dilute 50 ml of warm boiled water. Rinse is recommended up to 10 times a day.
- Garlic tincture .Grind 3 cloves of garlic, pour 250 ml of boiling water and allow to stand for 1 hour. Rinse your throat three times a day.
- Red beet .On grater chop the beets, squeeze out the juice( about 200 ml), add 1 tbsp.l.vinegar and rinse five times a day.
Than to treat, if the throat hurts?
The steam is a rather popular remedy for sore throat. This method not only reduces pain, but also eliminates any problems that arise with the airways. A steam bath can be made from chamomile tea. Brew the herb in a large saucepan and let it brew. Then pour warm tea into a wide bowl, tilt your head over the dish and cover with a towel.
Also it does not hurt several times a day to take a shower. So you not only kill harmful bacteria that provoke a sore throat, but also alleviate the general condition, having abundantly breathed a ferry in an enclosed space.
Turn on the humidifier in the room where you are, and drink a room temperature tea with honey and lemon. Honey softens the mucous, and lemon juice clears the throat of mucus.
What are the pills for sore throat?
Drugs for sore throat that can be drunk without a prescription are presented in various forms: oral tablets, lozenges and lozenges for absorption, rinsing solutions. Basically, they contain painkillers, antiseptics, and essential oils of plants with medicinal properties.
The most common formulations:
- Tablets with anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effect: Paracetamol , Ibuprofen , Naproxen .
- Aerosols with anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and analgesic effect: Tantum Verde , Ingalipt , Cameton , Aquamaris .
- Lozenges and lozenges: Sepptelet , Pharyngosept , Gramidine , Strepsils , Strepfen .
Than to rinse, if the throat hurts?
If you have a sore throat, try to rinse it actively with the following means:
- Salt water. For 200 ml of warm water, a dessert spoonful of salt, and also soda, adding a few drops of iodine. The remedy will remove the swelling of the mucous throat and reduce painful sensations.
- Herbal decoction. Honeysuckle, calendula, leaves and raspberry fruits, chamomile, eucalyptus, pine buds, black currant leaves, linden.2 tbsp.l.herbs in the dried state, pour 2 glasses of water and 20-30 minutes.preheat by lowering the container with the medium in a pot of boiling water. This rinse gives an anesthetic and antibiotic effect.
- Furacilin. 1 tablet dissolved in 1 glass of warm boiled water. This is an excellent antiseptic, which stops the reproduction of bacteria in the throat. So you will quickly cope with the disease.