Eggplant - very useful fruit. They are rich in potassium and do not lose it after conservation. Positively affect the functioning of the kidneys and liver. Raise the hemoglobin. The vegetable is still good because it contains few calories. In winter, blue bread will be worth its weight in gold. Canned eggplants can be a completely independent dish or act as an ingredient for salads.
- Selection and preparation of fruits
- Methods for preserving eggplants for the winter
- Preserving fresh fruits
- Important cooking details
- Salad from eggplants and vegetables
- Eggplant caviar
The only thing to remember is that there is a harmful substance in the fruitssolanine. Therefore, it is worthwhile to control the consumption of the vegetable and choose not to overripe. You can not eat raw eggplants. If the vegetable does not undergo thermal treatment before storage at home, it must be cooked or baked before use.
Selection and preparation of fruits
Blue should be mature, preferably round, of medium size. The rind is smooth and shiny. Inside without voids and seeds. The peduncle of the fruit should be green, not dry. Do not use baked in the sun specimens. Only dense, elastic vegetables.
Heat treatment methods before conservation:
- Baking. Thus, you can save all the vitamins with which the vegetable is so rich. Bake the fruit in the oven quickly and at high temperature. Inside, the blue ones do not darken, their shape does not change, but remains attractive.
- Roasting. Pieces of blue can be pre-fried in a frying pan in vegetable oil. If you add other vegetables, it will only add a zest to the dish.
- Cooking is the simplest and most common method of heat treatment. The process will take 5-7 minutes depending on the size of the fruit. You can check the vegetable by readiness by piercing it with a fork. It should easily pass into the flesh.
Methods for preserving eggplants for the winter
Under the canning are understood different cooking techniques:
- marinating( using brine or sunflower oil);
Prepared meals are prepared from blue or semi-finished products, which will need to be heat treated before serving.
Ideal companions for aubergines will be the Bulgarian peppers, tomatoes, carrots, onions and zucchini. They only emphasize the unique taste of a blue vegetable.
Preservation of fresh fruits
The most useful way of preparing eggplants for the winter is rightly considered to be keeping them fresh. You just need to cut the vegetables in circles or cubes, put them in jars and pour salt. Instead of salt, you can use a steep solution. In a container it is necessary to place and greens which, as well as aubergines, will keep the vitamins.
Eggplants not eaten by heat can not be eaten. Therefore, it is necessary to boil or fry the vegetables taken from the cans. Then use them as a snack or addition to salads.
Quilling whole fruits
Quail eggplants are tasty and healthy. They can be served as a snack for meat or fish dishes. Perfectly combine with vegetables and cereals. At any festive table, especially in the cold season, they will be the main discovery. Vegetables are prepared easily and quickly.
- Instances of the same size must be washed and cut off from the peduncle.
- Boil in salted water for 5 minutes.
- Allow the water to drain and cool.
- Cut the eggplant along, but not to the end, so you can put the inside of the filling.
- The contents of the filling can be different: greens, chopped garlic, peppers. Add vinegar and salt to the mixture.
- Well-mixed stuffing is laid in eggplant.
- Vegetables are placed in a convenient container for fermentation. It will take 3 days in heat.
- Then the fruit is put in sterilized jars, poured with marinade on the basis of vinegar and rolled up with lids.
- Send to a cool place before winter.
Marinade for eggplant pickling can be done without vinegar, based on greens, salt and water.
The plus of the pickling method is that it is simple and takes little time. Vegetables are interesting to taste, ready to eat. You just need to follow the technology.
- Fruits cut into large pieces, approximately 4 parts. Fold in a cup and salt. Leave for a couple of hours under the yoke.
- Then rinse.
- Pour water and vinegar into a saucepan. At 2 liters of water will require 0.5 liters of vinegar 9%.
- Lower the eggplant and send it to simmer. It will take 20 minutes.
- Freshly extracted from a pan of blue must be put in cans, previously sterilized.
- Marinade must be boiled again and poured into cans. Close the lids.
The taste of pickled eggplants can be varied with the help of various additives. More spicy they make garlic and black pepper. Any greens are welcome: basil, coriander, parsley, dill. You can add sugar, walnuts and mint. You can use marinade for table and apple cider vinegar, but the best way is to obtain blanks based on wine vinegar.
The easiest and most cost-effective way to keep eggplants for a long time is salting.
- Select samples to wash and send to blanching. First, boil 3-4 minutes in salted water, then lower into a cold one.
- Cool. The liquid from the fruit should be wrung out. Then cut the vegetables in an arbitrary shape.
- Pickling can be carried out dry or wet. In the first case, pieces of blue are poured over with salt, placed in a plastic pail under oppression. In a week they must be put in jars and rolled up. The wet method involves the use of a steep solution of salt.
Tips and tricks
- To prepare caviar, it's better to cut the eggplant with a knife, and not grind them with a meat grinder.
- So that the eggplant pieces do not darken before preservation, they must be lowered into a cup of cold water. It is recommended to add lemon juice.
- Aubergines are not recommended to be cut with a metal knife. This can spoil the taste of the product. It is better to use a ceramic cutter.
- Bitterness, which is blue, easy to remove: you need to pierce the vegetable in several places with a knife and sprinkle with salt. Leave to lie down. Then rinse well.
- To ensure that eggplants do not lose their shape when preserved, leave the skin.
Eggplant and vegetable salad
From summer, you can prepare vegetable salads with aubergines in the main role.
- Cinnamon, bell pepper, carrots and onions cut into large pieces.
- All the ingredients are sent to a wide cauldron. Season with sunflower oil and simmer under the lid for 40 minutes. At the end of suppression you can add tomatoes.
- Stock preparation. Spread on cans and put in a cool place.
- Blue must be peeled. You need to do this carefully, so that more products can be output.
- The fruits are cut into large pieces and salted in a saucepan so that all bitterness comes out.
- Bulgarian peppers and onions must be cut into cubes, grate the carrots. Put in a frying pan or kazan with vegetable oil. Fry until half cooked.
- Squeeze out excess liquid from the eggplants and toss them into the frying pan.
- Stew for 40 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour the tomato paste.
- At the end add salt, sugar and vinegar. Stew for another 20 minutes. Soak in jars and put in the refrigerator.
Eggplants can be baked in the oven before cooking caviar. From this, the taste of the dish will only become more interesting.
Homemade canned aubergines will delight you all winter. Bon Appetit!