Many people like green tomatoes, not only because of their interesting taste and beautiful appearance, but also because they are easy to prepare for future use. Fresh fruit is not used, so they are ideal for canning. Vegetables perfectly retain their shape in any way of processing. Their presentable appearance will decorate any festive table.
And if you comply with all the rules of cooking and storage conditions, you can eventually get a very useful treat, filling the body with vitamins and energy. The harvesting of green tomatoes for the winter is a simple process, taking little time and financial investments. Recipes - for every taste!
- Preparation of
- products Preparation of
- products Preparation and recipe
- Caviar from green tomatoes and beets
- Green tomato salad with apples
- Stuffed green tomatoes
Before canning, unripe tomatoes need to be cleaned and well washed. It is worth giving preference to medium-sized specimens.
In its composition, green tomatoes have a harmful substance of solanine. It can cause poisoning. To get rid of the dangerous component will help a simple method: you need to put the tomatoes in a cup of salt water before cooking, leave them for 2 hours. During this time they will remove all the solonine and become absolutely harmless.
How to prepare
Green tomatoes can be prepared in many ways. The most common among them are: pickling, pickling and salting. Also from unripe fruits make salads, using as a complement and other vegetables, and caviar. Which recipe to take, green tomatoes are very delicious. Real jam!
There are several ways to marinate green tomatoes. They are not very different, because they use the same principle of marinade preparation. The only thing that the amount of ingredients for the solution and spice can be adjusted, making the preform more or less spicy.
- For one 3-liter can, you need about 2 kg of tomatoes of the same size. They need to be washed and dried.
- Onions must be peeled off and cut into large rings.
- In sterilized jars, in turn, place whole tomatoes and onion slices.
- You can also add currant leaves or cherries, dill, peppers and horseradish.
- While the workpiece is under oppression, you need to prepare a marinade. To do this, mix the water( 3 l), salt( 250 g), vinegar( 700 ml) and sugar( 350 g).You can add any spices to give the dish a more expressive taste. Marinade bring to a boil and pour into the jars.
- Lids tightly close and send containers to a cool place.
- Following the chosen technology, you must first cut the green fruit( 1 kg) circles.
- Cut the onions into cubes. Mix the mixture of vegetables in an enamel saucepan and pour the marinade. It is prepared based on: for 1 liter of water 100 gr of salt, 200 g of sugar, 900 ml of table vinegar. The liquid for filling the container must be cold.
- The workpiece should be left overnight in a cool place.
- In the morning the pan needs to be got and drained of the whole marinade. Boil it. And put tomatoes and onions in cans. Pour hot liquid and cork. If desired, you can add spices and herbs, laying them between the layers of vegetables. Tare loaded to the shoulders, not higher.
- In prepared tomatoes of the same size, you need to make small incisions and insert cloves of garlic into them. This will give the preparation a special piquancy.
- In the jars you must first lay the umbrellas of dill, and then tomatoes.
- Next, boil the marinade from water, salt, sugar and vinegar. You can add coriander, cloves, sweet pepper.
- Blanks pour boiling solution. Close the lids and send for storage to the cellar or refrigerator.
Sour cherry tomatoes are delicious. The method of harvesting has advantages over marinating: vinegar does not participate in cooking. Therefore, the product is also useful. You can pawn the products in a bucket, a barrel or an ordinary glass jar.
For souring, unripened tomatoes( 4 kg), garlic, greens, bay leaves, favorite spices, salt and 4 tbsp sugar will be required.
- All ingredients must be placed in cans in any order. Pour water and cover with a cap cap.
- Tara send to a dark and cold place. In 2-3 months, tomatoes can be tried. They are valid until the winter.
Often to the harvest is added not fresh greens, and dried fennel or parsley. You can also use frozen leaves.
A fragrant will make a dish with bell pepper. You can take both fragrant and black.
For those who like sharp billets, you can put a jar of hot pepper in a jar. For piquancy, the leaves and horseradish root are used.
Salt green tomatoes conveniently in large casks or pans. But this method is not very suitable for urban residents. Therefore, they often harvest vegetables in glass jars.
- In sterilized jars it is necessary, alternating, to lay tomatoes, greens, garlic, pepper peas.
- Pour the contents with brine. It consists of 1 liter of water, 2 tablespoons water.salt and 1 tbsp. Sahara. The liquid boils and cools.
- A jar of room temperature is poured into the jars.
- The container is closed with a lid and belongs to a cool place.
Caviar from green tomatoes and beets
Cooking caviar from unripe tomatoes is an ideal way to preserve the useful properties of the product. The billet can be used as an addition to the main dishes. It is perfect for meat or fish. Onions and tomatoes must be cut into small cubes. Beetroot is better to grate.
Salad from green tomatoes with apples
- Tomatoes and apples should be cut into slices of the same size. You do not need to clean apples, just remove the core. They need to be sprinkled with lemon juice, so as not to darken.
- Bulgarian peppers and onions are cut into rings. All vegetables are mixed, salted and flavored with sugar. The mixture is left for half an hour.
- Apples are added to the resulting blank. Then, oil and vinegar are poured in. You can use spices. Cook the food for 15 minutes.
- Salad spread on cans. Send them for sterilization. It will take 20 minutes. Then you can roll up the covers.
Stuffed green tomatoes
You can start green tomatoes with any mixture of vegetables. The most delicious stuffing is considered to be a composition of carrots, onions and bell peppers. The billet not only looks beautiful, but also very tasty and useful.
- First you need to prepare the vegetables. Grate the carrots, cut the onion into thin half-rings, and the Bulgarian pepper in small strips. Rinse and dry the tomatoes. Make an incision, carefully remove the flesh.
- Stir from the vegetables mix, add chopped greens and salt.
- In each of the tomatoes put the resulting mixture.
- Put all the specimens in sterilized jars.
- Next, you need to prepare marinade from water and salt.1 liter of water will require 1 tbsp.salt. The liquid boils for several minutes. Then it is poured tomatoes.
- The cans are covered with lids and left for 4 days at room temperature.
- Then they can be removed to a cool place.
Stuffed green tomatoes will decorate the table. Perfectly suitable for meat and fish dishes, as well as boiled potatoes and cereals.
Jars with harvested tomatoes should stand in a cool and dark place. Ideal: cellar, pantry or refrigerator.
Usually the storage time is 1 year. Extend the shelf life of the harvesting will help the sprig of bird cherry. It is put directly into a glass jar. It also gives the tomato an unusual flavor.