Wine has been used in cooking since ancient times. It gives the dish a piquant taste and a special flavor. Let's get acquainted with the brands of the best white wines, which can be used for cooking delicious dishes.
For cooking, you should choose the wine that you like to taste. To prepare delicacies, you can take dry and semi-dry white wines. Below are the names of the five best wines for cooking.
Chardonnay( Chardonnay).It goes well with seafood, pork and chicken. This is the most suitable wine for making sauce. Wine is expensive, but it is considered the best and sold. To prepare meals with the help of Chardonnay, you must have some culinary experience, becauseDuring cooking, the acidity level of the dish should be monitored.
Sauvignon Blanc. This wine is produced in the province of Bordeaux, located in France. This wine is ideal for beginners. The wine has a slightly herbaceous aroma and fits well with light dishes and sauces, which contain greens.
Pinot Gris. It has a fruity aroma and a light taste. It goes well with seafood.
Vermouth( Vermouth).This crystal-clear wine is more like water. The wine is fortified and insistent on herbs. It goes well with most vegetarian dishes, seafood and poultry meat.
Riesling. This wine is semi-dry. Than it is older than better. The wine has a high acidity and is well suited to soups and seafood.
Rules for the use of dry white wine when preparing dishes
- Never replace dry white wine with dessert wines.they are sweet and spoil the taste of the dish.
- Instead of wine, you can use lemon juice and vinegar, but they do not give the dish such a refined flavor and taste as wine.
- Remains of wine can be put in the refrigerator in a closed form and used for 2 weeks.
- For cooking, you should buy the wine that you will drink with pleasure. If you do not like wine, you will not like the taste of the dish cooked with this wine.
- Champagne is also considered a dry white wine. Therefore, you can use good dry champagne to prepare the dishes.
- Like red, white wine prevents cancer and many heart diseases.
Vegetarian risotto with spices
This dish is prepared easily and is a favorite among vegetarians and lovers of lean food.
- 1 finely chopped onion;
- 3 lashes of green onions, also cut;
- 1 red sweet pepper, cut;
- 1 tablespoon of garlic paste;
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper;
- ½ teaspoon flakes of chili peppers;
- Salt and pepper to taste;
- 1 and ½ cup of rice( arborio);
- 1 and ½ cup vegetable broth;
- 2/3 glasses of dry white wine;
- Olive oil.
Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onion and fry until light brown. Add green onion, garlic paste, pepper and fry everything for 5 minutes.on average fire. Put rice arborio and, stirring, fry it for a minute. Add cayenne pepper and red pepper. Pour half a glass of vegetable broth and allow it to soak properly. Then pour the rest of the broth. In a minute, add the wine, all half a cup at a time. Mix everything. Put on a dish, salt, pepper and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Mussels in creamy sauce
Elegantly dry white wine in combination with mussels. Chardonnay is the best choice for cooking this dish. If you are afraid to use it, you can take any dry white wine cheaper.
- 1.5 tablespoons garlic paste;
- 2 pieces of shallots, finely chopped;
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley;
- 2 slices of finely chopped green onions;
- 1 teaspoon curry powder;
- 1.5 cups of dry white wine;
- 4 tablespoons butter;
- 1 cup cream;
- About 30 mussels.
To prepare the sauce, take a deep frying pan, place garlic paste, shallots and wine on it. Cook until the onion becomes translucent. Add the cream, curry powder. Lay out the mussels and during their cooking, close the frying pan with a lid( literally for a few minutes!).Wait until all shells open. If there are no open shells, they should be removed from the frying pan. Add the butter and mix well. Turn off the fire. Add green onions and parsley into the sauce, mix and immediately serve.
Quick prawns with garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste;
- 1 small onion, cut into cubes;
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley;
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice;
- 4 tablespoons butter;
- ¼ cup dry white wine;
- 13 giant peeled shrimps;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
In a frying pan fry onion and parsley with garlic paste until all is softened. Reduce heat and add shrimp. Stir for 5 minutes. Put the shrimps in a bowl. In the pan add the rest of the food and cook for another 2 minutes. Pour the resulting sauce over the shrimp and, while the dish is hot, serve to the table. Homemade dry wine from grapes( recipe without sugar and water).
. Related video: