Recipes for the preparation of wild garlic - an ancient plant, eaten by our ancestors, who lived five thousand years ago( as archaeologists say), contain a variety of ways to use it.
It is eaten fresh and canned, added to soups, salads, dough for baking bread and stuffing for delicious pies.
Being a widespread plant, it is now listed in the Red Book of a number of countries( Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, the Baltic States).
What is caramel and how it looks like
Cheremshu( it is believed that its name has the same root as the word "cherry") is often called bear onions or wild garlic.
As a perennial herbaceous plant belonging to the family of Amaryllis, it is widespread in most European countries and in several regions of Turkey. This most useful wild plant is found even in the tundra zone.
- A small( not more than a centimeter in diameter) bulb of wild garlic has an elongated shape and is easily separated from the rhizome. The height of the trihedral stem, at the base of the leaves covered with vaginas, is from fifteen centimeters to half a meter.
- Each stem is surrounded by a pair of lanceolate or oblong leaves, the length of which is slightly shorter than the stem itself, and the width is from three to five centimeters. The length of narrow petioles may be twice the length of the leaf blade, or it may be equal to it.
- An umbrella of a flowering plant is collected in a tight bundle or hemisphere with a small number of small white flowers. The three-faceted fruit-box, having a spherical shape, contains many equally spherical seeds. Flowering is observed in the last decade of May - early June. The plant multiplies most often with seeds, although it is possible to dilute with bulbs.
The greens of wild garlic can be confused with the poisonous leaves of the hellebore and lily of the valley, so attention and accuracy are necessary during the harvest. In a number of regions, the mass harvesting of the plant led to its complete extermination, which became the basis for the inclusion of this wild rose in the Red Book.
What can I make from the garlic?
Since all the parts are edible in the wild garlic, the bulb, the stem, and juicy leaves go into food. Collection of leaves, the taste of which is similar to that of onion and garlic shooters, is produced until the moment of flowering.
In what form do they use wild garlic?
- Fresh. It has a spicy aroma, it is used for cooking vegetable and meat salads, cutlets, soups, vareniks, stewed vegetables, cabbage rolls, meat rolls, pie fillings and many more tasty and healthy dishes.
- Canned. Bear cub can be salted, sour and marinated, harvested for the winter. But to dry it is not necessary, because while it loses almost all its useful properties.
- Inhabitants of the Caucasus use wild garlic leaves for cooking hot dishes, and bulbs chew with bread, dipping them into salt. The greens of bear onions are very good in combination with Ossetian cheeses. It is often added to traditional Ossetian pies.
- German cooks use the leaves of wild garlic for adding to hot dishes, in one of the specific varieties of pesto and in pastries. Particularly successful are pies with wild garlic and a special kind of bread.
Salad with garlic, recipes
Salad recipes with addition of wild garlic are very diverse, as it blends perfectly with any kind of products: with meat, vegetables, poultry, fish and seafood.
You can simply mix two kinds of fresh shredded greenery( for example, wild garlic and nettles) and serve them as a supplement to the cakes baked from whole-grain flour.
Salad recipes are designed for both vegetarians and meat eaters.
Recipe: Wild Onion Salad with Eggs( Vegetarian)
- A small bunch of bear onions( wild garlic).
- Cooked eggs - 3 pieces.
- Radish - 200 g.
- Fresh cucumbers - 2 pieces.
- Canned corn - 200 g.
- Cream of 30% - 50 ml.
- Sour cream - 100 ml.
- Black pepper, salt.
All vegetables for this salad are cut into small straws( including sticks of wild garlic), and eggs are cut with a knife. Having seasoned and pepper, the salad is filled with sour creamy cream. From the taste of mayonnaise, he will lose his charm.
Salad version for meat lovers
- Bear onion( wild garlic) - 500 g.
- Cooked meat - 300 g.
- Boiled eggs - 4 pieces.
- Table vinegar( 3%) - 2 tablespoons.
- Young stalks of wild onions boil in salted water for no more than two minutes( during this time they will become soft enough, but they will not lose their useful qualities).Throwing it back in a colander, they are allowed to dry and cool.
- Meat cut into very thin slices and spread on a wide dish.
- Boiled shoots of wild garlic cut into long strips and spread on slices of meat.
- Slightly salted, sliced lightly with table vinegar.
- Cooked eggs cut into beautiful slices and used to decorate dishes.
Recipe: lettuce salad with egg and cucumber
- A bunch of wild garlic.
- Young cucumbers - 2 pieces.
- Hard boiled eggs - 2 pieces.
- Parsley and dill greens.
- Any vegetable oil.
Cucumbers and eggs are cut into cubes, and all the greenery is finely chopped. Slightly ground, seasoned with vegetable oil.
Recipe: cucumber salad with cucumber and tomatoes( 3 variants)
Here are the recipes of vegetable salads for every taste.Option 1.
- Two tufts of bear onions. Boiled or baked potatoes - 5 pieces.
- Cucumbers - 2 pieces.
- Large tomato.
- Unrefined sunflower oil.
Cut the vegetables into small cubes with finely chopped greens, sprinkle slightly and season with fragrant oil.Option 2.
- 10 stalks of wild garlic.
- Tomatoes - 4 pieces( if it's cherry, it will take 15 pieces).
- Cucumbers - 200 g.
- Radish is a small bunch.
- 10 eggs of quail( or 3 chickens).
- A bunch of leeks.
- Sour cream.
All the greens are cut very finely, and each kind of vegetables - in different ways( radishes - circles, cucumbers - slices, tomatoes - cubes).Stirring vegetables and greens, lettuce is laid out on plates, having decorated it with sour cream and eggs.Option 3.
- A bunch of wild garlic.
- 2 tomatoes.
- Green onions - three feathers.
- Fennel greens.
- Sesame seeds.
Chopped green mixed with vegetables, salt and sprinkled with sesame seeds. You can not fill this salad at all. Fans of more caloric food can spice it with a spoon of olive oil.
Harvesting wild garlic for the winter, recipes
Useful properties of wild garlic can be preserved by preparing a lot of delicious seasonings that will please the whole family for a whole year. Recipes telling how to prepare wild garlic, in a variety of represented on culinary sites.
Pickled marinated chicken marinated
Pickled garlic can:
- Use as an excellent seasoning for fish and meat dishes.
- Add to all kinds of salads and dressings for soups.
- Make a component of a pasta sandwich. Serve as a stand-alone snack.
Recipe for pickled garlic №1
To prepare it you will need:
- Grass of wild garlic - 200 g.
- Salt - 1.5 tablespoons.
- Sugar - a tablespoon.
- Table vinegar - 150 ml.
- Water - 1 liter.
Stages of canning:
- Stems of young wild garlic( without leaves) are cut from both sides and thoroughly washed with plenty of running water, after which they are soaked for a couple of hours in a bowl with cold water: this will beat out the sharp aroma and eliminate bitterness.
- Boiling water, dissolve in it all the components of the marinade. The prepared solution is cooled.
- Of the prepared stems make the bundles, intercepting them with threads in several places. One bundle can have up to two dozen stems.
- Bank for pickling should be of such a height that the beams placed in it can be placed vertically.
- The jar is filled with a warm marinade, making sure that the ramson is covered completely.
- Pickling time of wild garlic in the refrigerator - 7 days.
- If canned food is intended for long-term storage, make a filling from the boiling marinade, after which immediately roll up the jar.
Recipes for marinating wild garlic are varied. The next option allows you to marinate it along with the leaves.
Recipe for marinated wild garlic №2
For preparation it is necessary to stock up:
- One kilogram of fresh greens.
- 3 tablespoons of salt.
- The same amount of acetic essence.
- with 2 liters of water.
- After washing well and drying the leaves of bear onions, they are placed in a boiling pickle and boiled for ten minutes.
- Boiled green herbs are laid out on small sterilized jars and poured with the same broth.
- Bundled banks are wrapped in heat for a day.
Sweet marinated in Korean
To prepare an acute snack in Korean, we will need the following components:
- 4 bunches of wild garlic.
- Carrots - 1 root. Seasoning spice for Korean carrot.
- 3 pinch of table salt.
- On a tablespoon of unrefined sunflower and olive oil.
How to cook?
- In boiling water for three minutes, boil the stems of a well washed leek.
- Thrown back in a colander and cooled wild garlic spread in a deep salad bowl.
- Add the carrots, shredded with long straws.
- Combining vegetables, they are seasoned with salt and a mixture of Korean spices.
- Mixing in a metal bowl two types of vegetable oil, the mixture is put on a stove and brought to a boil.
- The hot oil refill is poured into a salad bowl with vegetables. You can hear a soft crackle.
- Quickly and thoroughly mix, achieve a uniform distribution of spices, spices and oil filling.
- A ready-made snack is transferred to a plastic or glass container, covered with a dense lid and left for a day in the upper chamber of the refrigerator.
Pickled salted ham
How to pickled wild garlic for the winter?
A kilogram of young green bear onion is well washed and doused with boiling water, after which it is spread over small cans, layerwise alternating between greens and salt. For this amount of wild garlic, 0.5 kg of large table salt will suffice.
You can salt the wild garlic with sea salt.
Patties with wild garlic and egg
Recipes of appetizing patties, in the filling of which the fragrant greens of wild garlic are included, are not amenable to enumeration, as each mistress prepares them in her own way.
- Grass of wild garlic - 1000 g.
- Rice - 150 g.
- Cooked eggs - 5 pieces.
- Butter - at the discretion of the landlady.
- A mixture of seasonings( salt and black pepper).
- yeast dough - 1 kg.
Preparation of the filling:
- Boiling the rice until half-ready, it is thrown to a small colander and cooled.
- The greens of bear onions are ground and mixed with rice and finely chopped boiled eggs.
- The mixture is injected with a small amount of softened butter, podsalivayut and seasoned with black pepper.
- If the filling is too dry, you can enter into it a small amount of boiled water.
- Pie dough can be prepared on its own, and you can take advantage of what is bought in the nearest supermarket.
For the test it is necessary to take:
- Flour - 100 g.
- Milk - 2 large spoons.
- Butter - 20 g.
Preparation of the dough:
- The flour is chopped together with the oil until crumbs are obtained.
- The resulting crumb is salted, diluted with milk and thoroughly kneaded. For juicy dough should roll out a very thin layer.
After making pies, they are baked in the oven at 180 degrees or fried in a pan.
Wild garlic soup
Soup recipes with the addition of wild garlic are varied. Here's just one of them.
- Wild garlic - 200 g.
- Potatoes - 200 g.
- Carrots - 1 pc. Onion bulb - 1 head.
- Butter - 2 tablespoons.
- Broth( or water) - 0.5 liters.
- Potato cubes are boiled in boiling broth.
- After ten minutes, add the passivation from the onions and carrots, mix and wait for the boiling.
- After two minutes of boiling, put the sliced greens of wild garlic.
- The flame is reduced and the soup is pressed under the lid for no more than ten minutes.
Roast fried noodles
Recipes for fried wild garlic include frying both raw and pre-cooked greens.
- Well washed greens of bear onions are put on a heated frying pan with a small amount of vegetable oil. Slightly salted, fry until soft. At the end of the frying, raw eggs are hammered and mixed thoroughly. If desired, season with black pepper and add a drop of tomato paste. There are recipes that recommend roasting wild garlic with tomato.
- Some housewives pre-lightly boil the sticks of wild garlic in a small amount of salt water, and then they are sent to a hot frying pan with boiling oil. Frying time is no more than five minutes.
How to choose a wild garlic?
- Useful wild garlic, has not yet gone into growth, so when buying should pay attention to ensure that its shoots were not too dry. A bunch of wild garlic should be 70% of young shoots.
- The first time you buy wild garlic, you should not buy it too much: there is no guarantee that you will generally like its taste. It will be insulting to lose money, because this product in the market is considered a delicacy and belongs to the category of not the cheapest products.