Pancakes are a favorite dish of children and adults. Traditionally it is prepared for Shrove Tuesday to celebrate the end of the winter and tune in to the coming fast. However, very often served pancakes and just without reason, because they are hearty and delicious. It is interesting that this dish can be found both in the home kitchen, and in very sophisticated restaurants.
The key to the success of this treat is the correctly prepared dough for pancakes. Despite the fact that most housewives prepare it for an eye, there are still generally accepted criteria and proportions that will help you understand the cooking process.
A bit about carnival
Pancakes are a thin flour product made from a batter based on flour and any liquid. Almost in every culture they prepare their own variant of this dish, but they most appreciate it in Russian cuisine, because here pancakes appeared in the earliest times. Not for nothing in our country there is a whole holiday - Shrove Tuesday, which is closely associated with these wonderful culinary products.
Few people know that throughout the Shrovetide week there are different reasons to eat pancakes. So, on Monday they are eaten for repose, on Tuesday pancakes are treated to future brides, on Wednesday they are prepared by mother-in-law for their son-in-law, on Thursday with this treat they go from one guest to another, well, and on Friday pancakes bake married girls for their mothersand husbands.
By the way, in other countries there are also analogues of our carnival. For example, the British are very fond of celebrating a fat Tuesday on the eve of Lent. On this day, they adhere to a completely insane tradition: they arrange a women's race, during which women carry hot pans with pancakes and throw their culinary creations on the run.
Thin pancakes on
milk If you are wondering how to make a dough for pancakes, then there are many answers for you. After all, it can be thin or curvy pancakes, in addition, for cooking you can use yogurt, water or milk.
It is the recipe with pancakes on milk that is considered the most traditional. It allows you to cook the most delicate pastries, which can be served with sweet or salty stuffing, or you can even do without it. The most popular in the people are very delicate pancakes, because they look beautiful and have a delicate taste.
If you are a fan of this option, we suggest you knead the dough for pancakes according to this recipe.
- 2 cups of normal wheat flour.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 5 chicken eggs.
- 1 liter of milk.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- A small pinch of salt.
The cooking process for this recipe can be broken down into four main steps:
- Using an mixer or whisk, the eggs should be very well beaten with sugar. If you plan to make salted pancakes, reduce the amount of sugar, but do not exclude this ingredient completely, it is important for the ultimate taste. In the egg-sugar mass should be added salt, and then very gently, in small portions to enter wheat flour.
- When all the ingredients are gathered together, you can start adding milk. Pour it with a thin trickle, stirring constantly the dough.
- After this, the test needs a little "rest".It should be left for 20 minutes alone. At this time, you can prepare the filling.
- Directly before the beginning of frying in pancakes it is possible to enter vegetable oil( sunflower, olive, linseed or any other for your taste).After adding the last ingredient, the dough is ready for frying.
Pancakes, cooked according to this recipe, are very tasty, but at the same time high-calorie.100 grams of the product will be pulled about 700 kcal, so if you plan on taking a very fat and high-calorie filling, give preference to the recipe on the water. However, with a light filling such a dough is combined just superbly.
Recipe for thin pancakes on milk - video
Lush pancakes on milk
Despite the fact that it is customary to consider pancakes as very thin pieces of dough, many still love lush pancakes. They have their advantages, so you should at least try to cook them. Mixing the dough for pancakes according to this recipe, you will receive a dish for about eight servings.
- 3 large chicken eggs.
- 3 cups of milk.
- 4 tablespoons of sugar( with a small slide).
- 3 cups of sifted wheat flour.
- A small pinch of salt.
- 2.5 tablespoons of baking powder.
- 5 tablespoons of butter.
Please note: if you do not have a baking powder at home, you can cook it yourself without any problems by mixing 12 teaspoons of flour, 5 teaspoons of soda and 3 teaspoons of citric acid. Your home baking powder will be just as good as the purchased one. So, let's start making dough for lush pancakes.
- Eggs must be broken into a bowl, add milk and sugar to them. All this together must be beaten with a mixer or whisk.
- In a separate bowl, the sifted flour should be moved with salt and baking powder.
- Next, the contents of the two bowls must be connected and mixed well. Get a pretty thick dough.
- Butter should be melt in a water bath or in a microwave and add it to the dough.
- The test should be given. Five minutes will be enough.
- You need to spread the pancakes on a very hot frying pan, oiled. Since the dough is rather thick, it is important to distribute the evenly over the surface of the frying pan. Try to ensure that the thickness of raw pancakes does not exceed 4 mm, because they will still be a little bit approached.
- Fancy pancakes are baked somewhat longer than thin, about 2 minutes on one side and at least a minute on the other.
Pancakes on kefir
Pancakes on kefir have many advantages. First, they are very thin. Secondly, do not stick to the frying pan and easily turn over. Thirdly, you can always use kefir, which has stood a little and is about to deteriorate - and still you will get a very tasty dough. Let's learn how to make dough for pancakes on kefir.
- One and a half cups of yogurt of any fat content and 150 ml of water.
- 3 eggs.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- One and a half tablespoons of sugar.
- Half a teaspoon of salt.
- One and a half glasses of flour( depending on how much "takes" the dough).
- Half a teaspoon of soda.
Please note that in the end you should get a dough of the right consistency. It should resemble a pretty fat cream. If the dough is too liquid, your pancakes will simply tear, you can not turn them.
In addition, make sure that there are no lumps in the test. This little unpleasant problem can spoil the whole result of your labors. To get rid of lumps, it's easiest to use the mixer during cooking.
- Eggs must be beaten with salt and sugar. Both salt and sugar in the recipe are very important. They can not be completely denied, but it's also not worth overdoing with these components.
- To the egg mixture it is necessary to pour half of kefir and move until a completely homogeneous mass is obtained.
- In the resulting mass you need to pour in flour. It must necessarily be sifted beforehand. So your culinary products will be lighter and lush. At this stage, you should get rid of all the lumps in the test.
- In the almost ready dough, pour the remaining kefir with a thin trickle and again knead it all.
- In a separate saucepan, boil water and dissolve soda in it. Continuing to constantly mix the dough, it is necessary to pour boiling water with soda.
- At the last step, you need to pour in the vegetable oil. If desired, it can be replaced with melted butter.
- After the dough is infused for 10-15 minutes, you can start frying.
Ready pancakes on kefir you can serve with anything, whether it's sweet or salty stuffing or simple sauces, syrups.
Pancakes on water
If you have no milk, no kefir at home, or you just want to make lean pancakes, you probably have a question about how to mix pancakes on water. Many believe that in this case, baking is tasteless and uninteresting. In fact, this is a big mistake. Pancakes on the water are delicious, delicate and beautiful.
You can not ignore the fact that water produces low-calorie pancakes. Sometimes even people watching their figure can afford them.
- A half liter of water.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 3 eggs.
- 1.5 cups of flour.
- Salt on the tip of the knife.
- A teaspoon of baking powder.
- 3 tablespoons of any vegetable oil.
Mixing dough on the water you need almost the same as on other types of liquid, however, this recipe has its own nuances.
- Eggs should be mixed with salt and sugar, and then beat them with a mixer. It takes a long time to whip for about five minutes. It is important that a good foam is formed.
- Next, just add a little water, flour and baking powder and mix again with a mixer. If you pour immediately all the water, a lot of lumps are formed, from which you will be difficult to get rid of.
- Once you have a homogeneous mass, you can pour the rest of the water.
- Before cooking, add vegetable oil to the dough.
The finished dough turns out to be quite liquid, but this is all the charm. Such a consistency makes it possible to create the most delicate, almost transparent crepes. After frying, add pancakes to a pile and cover them with a lid. This will make your items even more soft and soft.
Low-calorie water pancakes - video
If you are completely new to the kitchen, you do not need to know just the test recipe to make perfect pancakes. There are many tricks that will help you cope with this difficult process.
- Never use cold test liquid( milk, kefir, water).Before cooking, give it a little time to reach room temperature.
- To diversify your pancakes, you can add candied fruits, dried fruits, cheese to the dough. The main thing is to crush all these ingredients thoroughly.
- Let the diameter of the frying pan always match the size of the burner. If you put a small frying pan on a large burner, your pancakes will burn up the edges, otherwise you'll burn out the middle.
- The very best pancakes will be produced on a cast-iron frying pan. It is very important that its bottom be absolutely flat.
- The thicker you knead the dough, the thicker the pancake will turn out, and vice versa.
- Once you notice that the top surface of the pancake has become matte, it's time to turn it over.
- If you need to keep the pancakes hot before the arrival of guests, put the plate into which you are laying your products, on a water bath and cover it with a lid.
What is it like to serve pancakes?
Pancakes are a versatile dish that can be consumed with a wide variety of fillings and sauces.
- Usually pancakes are served with sour cream.
- No less traditional and very festive is the option of serving with red caviar.
- In addition, you can offer the guests sweet pancakes and put on the table small vases with different types of jam, chocolate syrup, condensed milk, honey.
- Ideas for sweet fillings variants are endless. They can consist of a variety of types of fruits and dried fruits, berries, cottage cheese, chocolate and caramel.
- Meat filling for pancakes can be prepared from a wide variety of meats: chicken, pork, beef, offal and even sausage.
- As for the fish, the red her species - salmon and salmon - are best suited. They are perfectly combined with greens and cream cheeses.
- Vegetarian fillings can be prepared based on mushrooms, cabbage, beets and other vegetables.
Ideas for the presentation of
The way of feeding pancakes depends on whether you offer them without anything or with some stuffing. In the first case, pancakes, as a rule, folded in a triangle or in a tube. So it is convenient to dunk them in sauces.
- Pancakes with a filling can be folded with a horn, a tube or an envelope. These three presentation options allow you to eat a dish without getting rattled.
- In addition, you can roll pancakes stuffed into tubes and cut into small pieces. Such small rolls look on the table just fine.
- Finally, you can fold the filling in the center, and put the dough in a bag, fix it with a toothpick or even tie it with green onions.
Whatever type of presentation you choose, guests will always be very happy with the pancakes on the table, because this is an excellent treat for any holiday. Experiment with the variations of the filling and with the types of dough, so you will definitely find your ideal version of pancakes! Pancakes on milk.