Easter cake isan integral attribute of the holiday of Easter. Note that this is not just a type of festive baking, but a symbol of the risen Jesus Christ. Begin to bake cakes on Pure Thursday in special dishes that can be made from various materials. Having considered all the available types and features of the shapes for cakes, you can choose the most suitable option for yourself.
All forms for Easter cakes are divided into 2 large groups:
- Disposable products. As the name implies, they can be used only once, since after that they become unsuitable for further operation.
- Reusable. Such products, as a rule, can be passed down from generation to generation. Often they are made of high-quality metal alloys, resistant to corrosion and high temperatures. There are detachable molds, products with non-stick coating, as well as silicone products, which are very popular recently.
Disposable products, in turn, can be made from:
- Aluminum foil.
Each of the varieties has a number of significant advantages, which we will consider further in the article.
How to replace the standard forms for Easter cakes?
Sometimes, because of their employment or any other reasons, the hostesses forget to prepare the molds for the cakes. However, if this happens, do not be upset. From every difficult situation there is always at least one way out.
- You can replace the baking product with an ordinary tin can of any size. Small jars are ideal for cakes intended for a gift or for children. Before you start the baking process, you should put the bottom of the tin can with oiled baking paper. Thus, you not only protect the pestering of the test to the sides and the bottom, but also increase the volume of baked goods.
- You can also use old pots of their metal for cooking. Before making a cake, their bottom should be laid with paper soaked in vegetable oil. To make baking more lush and high, it is necessary to lift the paper above the level of the walls of the pan. Otherwise, the cake can turn out to be quite low.
- For children you can bake small and neat cakes in old marching mugs with handles. Just like with the previous versions, their bottom and sides should be covered with oiled paper before use. The main advantage of such forms is that, thanks to the handle, it is convenient to get them out of the oven.
The list of possible options does not end here. Some mistresses manage to bake Easter cakes even in ceramic and clay pots designed for indoor flowers and seedlings, as well as in corrugated cupcake molds. In addition, for baking, you can use bottles with a wide neck, made of thick heat-resistant glass.
Self-made mold for cake
Make the shape under the cake you can with ease from improvised materials. To do this, you need a conventional bank of the desired volume, a stapler, baking paper and food foil. Then you need to do the following:
- The foil is unfolded and put on the table. On top of it, cover with baking paper, and then put another layer of foil.
- The can is rolled into foil and paper in such a way that it remains about 7 cm below for the bottom of the mold.
- The joint of the resulting pipe is fixed with a stapler.
- Form the foil from the bottom and fix it with a stapler.
- The bottom and sides of the resulting product are covered with oiled paper.
How to make a foil and paper cake for yourself
Advantages and features of
paper forms One of the most economical, convenient and practical options for baking are paper cakes for Easter cakes. Due to their properties, they perfectly preserve the taste of baking, provide the cake with a beautiful and even shape. Among their other advantages:
- High degree of resistance to fats.
- Beautiful and neat appearance.
- Environmentally friendly materials that comply with international norms and standards for food products.
- Presence of microperforation, providing the output of excess moisture from the mold.
- Use of decorative images on the outside of the mold. The paint is characterized by an excellent degree of resistance to high temperatures, as well as the effect of alcohols.
- The presence of a large number of different patterns, shapes and sizes. shape with flower pattern shape with animal pattern
shape with folk ornament forms with religious inscriptions
- In forms from paper cakes are baked quickly and easily.
- They combine not only products for baking, but also elegant packaging.
- During baking, there is no need to lubricate the mold, and then clean it.
To bake Easter cake with a disposable paper form, it is necessary to perform the following simple procedure:
- A 1/3 mold is filled with a dough, leveling its surface.
- Put in a warm place to make the dough slightly up.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes at a temperature of no higher than 160 ° C.
- After baking do not take out the cake from the paper form. In similar forms, the baking cools evenly and does not die.
Forms for paper cakes can be purchased at the market or in stores. They are sold separately or as a bundle.
Features of aluminum foil products
These are lightweight and convenient baking molds designed for single use. The process of baking Easter cakes with their help passes quickly and easily. Baking is baked evenly, it turns out beautiful and high.
The feature of the presented products is their very interesting form. Baked in aluminum foil Easter cakes are obtained in the form of a neat trapezium. They have a narrow bottom and a wide top. Traditional cakes that can be baked using metal or paper Easter forms are rounded, like bread, with a beautiful cap on top.
Please note that after baking, the cake must be immediately removed from the similar shape, as the baking is ripened in the aluminum foil. This is its only drawback, which looks rather insignificant against the background of the advantages listed above. You can buy a product from aluminum foil in the store or make it yourself.
Advantages and features of silicone molds
In the past few years, at the height of popularity among housewives are silicone molds for baking cakes. Baking in them turns out beautiful, lush and rosy. Do not lubricate these products before using them. The cake does not burn in them and does not stick to the bottom or walls, which can not be said about traditional steel or aluminum forms.
In addition to the above, silicone products also have the following advantages:
- Cakes are baked quickly and easily.
- Baking can be easily extracted from the mold.
- Such products are characterized by durability and excellent performance characteristics.
- The Easter cake is evenly baked in silicone products.
- Most silicone molds are sold with high sides, which ensures high and airy baking.
- Quality silicone products do not deform during their operation.
- Cake made with a similar shape, retains its taste and mouth-watering flavor.
- The cost of silicone molds is quite acceptable. You will spend money on them only once. Such products are practically not spoiled and can serve you for many years.
- Ease of care. After use, these products can only be rinsed lightly with warm water and wipe with a dry cloth.
- Having the ability to hold a shape well even if the silicone product is rolled into a tube.
Silicone molds for baking outwardly resemble smooth and elastic rubber. They are made of medical silicone, which has the following properties:
- resistance to high and low temperatures;
- resistance to fats and acids;
- no reaction with food;
- absence of any smell.
However, like other similar attributes for baking cakes, silicone molds have drawbacks. Since silicone is a fairly soft material, it is highly susceptible to mechanical stress. It can be easily pierced and cut with a knife. After damage, the product becomes unusable. Therefore, you should be careful while using it.
Please note that when choosing silicone molds, you should not save on them. Cheaper options are usually made from industrial silicone, which has a certain degree of toxicity and is often colored with bright and cheap dyes. Bake in such forms of cakes is not recommended, as the use of such baking in food can adversely affect health.
Advantages and features of detachable
products Similar products outwardly resemble molds, designed for making biscuits. Their only difference is that they are taller and narrower.
As a rule, they are made of various metal alloys, which have high resistance to corrosion, as well as to the effect of high and low temperatures.
Do I need to lubricate them before use? This question can be answered with an unambiguous yes. Before baking, it is absolutely necessary to cover the bottom and the sides with food paper soaked in vegetable oil. This will ensure the protection of the cake from pestering and barking.
Among the advantages of the presented products - convenience in operation, as well as ease with which you can get the cake after baking. To do this, you just need to remove the latch, push the sides and remove the hot cake.
With the help of a split shape, you can bake a voluminous, lush and airy cake. Baking keeps its volume after baking, which is very important for the housewife. Therefore, detachable products are highly deservedly popular among consumers.
Containers with non-stick coating
Some housewives prefer products, with non-stick coating. They are made of light and strong metal alloys. Outwardly they resemble a bowl for a multivark. Similar shapes have low sides, which are covered inside with a special composition that protects the dough from burning.
Due to the presence of non-stick coating, it is not necessary to lubricate such shapes before using them. Inside, put only 2/3 of the test, put in a warm place to go, and then bake in the usual way. Pay attention: that the cap of the Easter cake during baking is not burned, after it is browned, it is covered with white paper.
Thus, today there are enough varieties of forms for baking Easter cakes. Forms can be disposable( paper and aluminum foil), and reusable( steel, non-stick coating, aluminum, cast iron, silicone, etc.).Each hostess can choose an option for her own liking and for her own wallet.