Photorejuvenation is a new procedure. She appeared in the arsenal of beauty salons about five years ago. It is used to combat age-related changes.
The procedure of laser photorejuvenation accelerates the regeneration of cells and stimulates the synthesis of collagen, so that the skin retains its elasticity, the first wrinkles are smoothed out and a general rejuvenating effect is performed.
Photorejuvenation - what is it?
- Photorejuvenation is a trendy cosmetology procedure designed for facial skin and other areas.
Learn more about what is photorejuvenation - video:
- Despite this name, it does not apply to photography.
- Most often the procedure is done for the face - completely or partially: cheeks, forehead, nasolabial triangle, chin.
- At the request of the client, rejuvenation of the bikini, buttocks, abdomen, hands, neck, décolletage and so on is possible.
How does the session go?
Special preparation is necessary before the session:
- For 4 weeks, avoid exposure to sunlight, do not use self-tanning agents.
- For a few days you need to stop taking antibiotics and retinoids.
- Also you can not take aspirin and ibuprofen, otherwise the flash will cause bruising.
- The patient lies on the couch.
- He is wearing a bandage and glasses.
- Apply a thick layer of gel to the face.
- After this, the master makes the flashes using a laser.
- Sometimes after a session, the doctor applies cold to minimize skin reaction.
It should be noted that the sensations depend on the pain threshold. The patients' comments indicate that the feeling is not painful, but also not pleasant. Especially it concentrates in the area of the lips and nose.
Light photoflashes are perceived even through glasses with closed eyes. In this case, the patient can feel a slight dazzle.
What processes occur in the skin during a session?
- The procedure works in two ways. A light surface reflects light. While the dark attracts and quickly heats up from this.
- Freckles, pigmented spots and other formations attract light pulse.
- During the session, a deep heating of the dermis occurs. Heat activates the production of collagen. This expresses the deep rejuvenating effect of the procedure.
Indications for photorejuvenation
- Pigmented spots of different origin.
- Vascular asterisks.
- Swollen vasculature or couperose.
- Acne, acne and post acne.
- Redness on the skin of the nose and cheeks( with rosacea).
Using the session, you can also:
- significantly improve the texture of the skin,
- increase the tone,
- reduce the pores of the face,
- smooth out fine wrinkles.
The effect can be visually assessed if you compare the photos before and after.
Contraindications for photorejuvenation
- . Swarthy skin.
- Autosunburn or a 2-3-week tan( the procedure should be performed after a month).
- Dermatological diseases.
- Herpes at the stage of exacerbation.
- In addition to the listed above, traditional contraindications are actual: pregnancy, lactation period, any blood diseases and especially increased bleeding, oncology, etc.
It is advisable to guess the time so that during this period there was cloudy weather. If you do photorejuvenation in the summer, because of the sun, undesirable pigmentation probably will appear.
Photorejuvenation: Pros and Cons
Benefits of photorejuvenation
- Smooth fine wrinkles.
- Improves skin color and increases its elasticity.
- The pulling effect is shown.
- The skin becomes less tight and dry.
- Reduces the appearance of acne and the disappearance of pigmentation.
- Activates the production of its own collagen and cell regeneration.
- The skin looks velvety and acquires a healthy color.
Absence of photorejuvenation
Side effects of photorejuvenation are often due to the sensitivity of the skin. Reviews say that the disadvantages of the procedure are more often manifested on sensitive skin. These include:
- Redness of the skin area.
- Poor burning sensation.
In most cases, all side effects disappear within a week.
How many procedures to do
- The time of the procedure on the face is from 7 to 10 minutes. Regularity can reach once every 3-4 weeks.
- As a result of a single session, collagen is secreted in the dermis for a month.
- Photorejuvenation is prescribed by a doctor at a specified time.
- The course consists of approximately 3-6 procedures.
- Recommendations after: 1-2 procedures per year to maintain the result.
Reviews indicate that the true effectiveness can be assessed after two weeks: the skin is leveled, and from redness, pigmentation spots and other imperfections there will be no trace.
- If you did laser photorejuvenation from pigmented spots, the next day they will get a dark brown color. There may be an edema.
- A small crust may form on the site of a large vessel and so on.
This is an indicator of the work done.
The advantage of photorejuvenation is that defects are eliminated without affecting the surface of the skin.
Which device is better to do?
Of course, sessions give results if they are performed with the help of powerful and high-quality equipment.
1. Apparatus IPL quantum is one of the perfect and technological adaptations against pigmentation. With its help, it is possible to eliminate pigmented and vascular formations at the same time. There is no need to visit different clinics and undergo lengthy courses of treatment for each of the problems.
The spectrum of application of the quantum machine is very wide:
- extended capillary network on the face,
- pigmented formations,
- oily problem skin.
The execution technique provides a very gentle effect. The country of manufacture of the device is the USA.
2. One of the known laser systems that relieve pigmentation and couperose is Palomar . It not only relieves unpleasant skin problems, but also affects collagen, stimulating its production. As a result - a person who has a healthy glow and elasticity.
Palomar equipment is also manufactured in the USA.There are several laser systems of this brand: Palomar ICON, StarLux 500, Palomar Emerge and others.
3. Another company that produces photorejuvenation equipment - DEKA .The VIP-class device is manufactured in Italy. The procedure is called Photosync. As a result of its execution, the skin becomes tender, like silk.
The device has a high power and a fairly wide range of operation. This allows you to solve not only minor, but also quite serious skin problems. Reviews about equipment produced in the US and Italy are only positive.
Most often, customers do not even experience discomfort and do not see any changes in the skin. Therefore, first of all you need to find out the equipment class.
Removing pigment spots, vascular asterisks is a rather difficult task. Therefore, there are skeptics who doubt whether there is an effect. But if the doctor performs the procedure on high-quality equipment, takes into account all contraindications, the patient simply can not help.
At the request of the client the master can resort to complex photorejuvenation .This fully activates the impact capabilities and allows you to solve several problems at once.
For example, when removing the vessels, not only the "vascular network" is destroyed, but the difference between the areas of the skin on which the impulse is applied and those that do not. The difference is obvious: the skin touched by the light stream is smoothed and looks better. In addition, photorejuvenation has a cumulative effect.
At what age can I do?
There are different opinions on this matter. Since the sessions are intended not only for rejuvenation, but also for the removal of pigmented spots, treatment can be resorted to at any age.
- If necessary, this method can solve the problem of pigmentation, even in newborns.
- If you pursue such a goal as improving the quality of the skin and increasing the tone, photorejuvenation is better to apply after 25-27 years. However, experienced specialists say that it is better to perform the procedure after 35 years.
- Reviews show that most women who decide to flash, there are already 30 years.
Skin care after photorejuvenation
Aftercare, care is due to proper health care. It is necessary:
- Observe the drinking regimen and take antioxidants.
- You can not abuse smoking.
- It is completely forbidden to visit the sauna or sauna for 14 days after the session.
- Besides, you can not sunbathe for two weeks. If you have to be in the sun, you need to use sunscreens with SPF at least 30.
- Sometimes after the sessions the doctor prescribes skin treatment with Bepanten cream.
Rehabilitation of each patient is individual: recovery can take from several days to 1.5 weeks.
Compared to other methods of rejuvenation, flash units are less traumatic. After the procedure, even allowed to apply decorative cosmetics. Thus, the patient continues the adopted way of life.
Prices for photorejuvenation
Many are interested in how much it costs to photorejuvenate the face. The price depends on various factors:
- capacity and class of equipment,
- type of processing,
- prestige of the clinic that provides services to the public.
- For example, the cost of facial treatment on equipment Palomar: 7000 rub. Removal of the vascular asterisk - 500 rubles, getting rid of pigmentation on both cheeks - 4,500 rubles, rejuvenation of the decollete zone - 8000 rubles, neck and neck - 10,000 rubles. These prices are typical for Moscow.
- If you want to rejuvenate parts of your face individually, it's cheaper. For example, for one session for a nose it is possible to pay 1200 rubles, for a chin - 1800 rubles, for a forehead - 1800 rubles. The cost of rejuvenating hands is 2300 rubles.
- The average price for an outbreak is 500 rubles. In the capital, the cost of the service is much higher than in the regional cities of the country. For example, in the outback you can make a facial rejuvenation for 3000 rubles.
Reviews about skin rejuvenation
- Anastasia, 30 years old:
I have suffered from causticity since childhood. I tried to get it out with folk remedies, but my mother-nature was always stronger. After pregnancy, freckles became more like pigmented spots, so I decided on the procedure for photorejuvenation.
The doctor told me that the pigmentation will go away at a time. After the session, the face burned with fire, and freckles turned into burned spots. After 5-7 days from them, there was no trace left: the crusts came off, and the skin became smooth and even, without freckles and spots. I'm afraid that if I appear in the sun, everything will return.
- Catherine, 35 years old:
Performed rejuvenation due to small suction vessels on the face, and also because of small pigment spots on the cheeks and forehead. On the nose it was painful, but bearable. But the vessels evaporated.
After the session there were burns, which subsequently fell off. Moles became dark and increased in size. They have a clear outline. But then all this redness came down. The procedure is not pleasant, but effective.
- Love, 45 years old:
There is an effect, but it is insignificant. The skin on his face was thick and strong, but this sensation lasted only a few days. By the way, there were traces of post-acne. The consequences are not traumatic: the skin just turned red. I concluded: in order to constantly rejuvenate, you need a lot of money.
- Svetlana, 32 years old:
I do not have giant skin problems, just decided to remove the enlarged pores, freckles and sosudiki. First I did one session. The effect of the special did not notice. The freckles became slightly lighter. The pores stayed in the same place. It's good that I did not pay for the proposed course. Waste of money.
Reviews on photorejuvenation with couperose
- Gulnara, 42:
I went to a beauty salon to a professional to get rid of the dilated vessels. Although they promised that the skin would also catch up. To leave the couperose, it took 3 sessions. Now I'm happy, because the dilated vessels are almost invisible.
- Olga, 40 years old:
My skin is very sensitive, and there is a small cuperosis on the cheeks. Tried to get rid of it with creams and different concentrates, but it still comes back. Therefore, I decided to resort to modern cosmetology.
After the first procedure, the effect was really: the face became fresher, and the couperose became lighter. However, in a few days everything became the same as it was. Has decided to make some more sessions. But it all happened again: the couperose was destroyed for a couple of days, and then came back again. Now I am thinking of buying facial products that will be effective.
- Annette, 35 years old:
This procedure helps me from couperose. But, unfortunately, for a while. And none of the creams yield a good result. Only then you can not sunbathe and even visit the bath - it's cons.
- Lydia, 60 years old:
I have rosacea. The session was more likely with curiosity than with faith that it would help. But it took only four photo flashes. For the sake of beauty, this can be tolerated.
I have enlarged vessels on my face - this is directly a problem. The doctor said that we need to make several flashes, which will be aimed specifically at the vessels. At us in St.-Petersburg the price of one flash is 350 rubles. I needed three. Vessels became less noticeable: they are not immediately conspicuous.
Reviews on photorejuvenation - before and after
- Nick, 49 years old:
I did the rejuvenation of the hands. The results are there and they can be seen. Repeat sessions make sense if you keep a housekeeper, and all care about the household is in her hands.
- Elena, 33 years old:
I was doing photorejuvenation to eliminate freckles. I registered for a test with one photo flash. A week has passed since then: the effect is excellent. The face is white and clean. No medicine gives such a result.
Before that, I had such a placer on my face that I did not even want to paint. The procedure is very simple: smeared with gel and photographed. It does not hurt. More or less tolerant. And beauty requires sacrifice. I'm thinking of doing a second session to support the effect.
- Alexandra, 45 years old:
I went to one session. She made a flash on the neck and décolleté.After that, I did not know what to do, because burns appeared in these places. But a week later everything disappeared, as the cosmetician assured. There were no more side effects. I think to do a second session.
- Irina, 30 years old:
I think that the effect should manifest itself two months after the session. This is not an instant rejuvenation. After all, in order for the skin layers to develop a new portion of collagen, time is needed. Did the procedure just for rejuvenation. I do not have freckles. Although even after a couple of days you can see that the skin is significantly tightened, the cheekbones began to stand out.
- Jeanne, 43 years:
I did 3 courses of photorejuvenation. The only visible effect after - lighter skin. No lifting. Vessels where they were, there they are. Yes, and the skin became dry.
Pros are visible, but they are very minor. I think that the course is not worth the money spent. Although I never had pigmentation: on this occasion I can not say anything.
Video on topic: