Discirculatory encephalopathy is a slowly developing chronic insufficiency of blood supply to the brain, in which severe focal changes occur in the subcortical structures and the cortex. There are 3 stages of the disease.2 degree of discirculatory encephalopathy is characterized by already pronounced symptoms.
- Causes of
- Diagnosis of
- Treatment of
- Diet of
- Prevention of
- Treatment of folk remedies
- Forecast of
A number of factors can lead to the onset of discirculatory encephalopathy( DEP) of grade 2.There are 2 main groups:
- Congenital anomalies that cause disorders of blood supply to the brain( angiodysplasia, anomaly of development of veins and arteries).
- Acquired changes due to neurologic diseases or head injuries.
- Arteriosclerosis of arteries, vessels.
- Frequent psychoemotional stress, disorders.
- Arterial hypertension( high blood pressure).
- Hypotension( low blood pressure).
- The ingress of a large number of toxins into the blood for alcoholism, poisoning, smoking, and diseases of internal organs.
- Vasculitis( inflammation of blood vessels).
- Osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. Injuries of the spine and brain.
- Vegetosovascular dystonia.
- Venous thrombosis.
- Hormonal disorders( diseases of endocrine glands).
Symptoms of the disease
For the 2nd degree of DEP, the following manifestations are characteristic:
- Constant headache.
- Memory impairment.
- Emotional instability.
- Rapid depletion.
- Nausea, dizziness.
- Sleep disorders.
- Mental abnormalities.
- Inability to perceive a large amount of information.
With dyscirculatory encephalopathy of the 2nd degree, neurological syndromes develop due to small focal lesions of the brain:
These syndromes are manifested by the following symptoms: dysarthria, dysphonia, slowness of movements, stiffness, reflexes of oral automatism, hypomimicity, rhythmic tremor of hands, head. Also discoordination, visual impairment, and hearing loss are possible. Possible minor pelvic disorders, which begin with frequent urination at night.to contents ^
- Study of the vessels of the head and neck.
- Investigation of the fundus.
- MRI of the brain.
Laboratory tests are also mandatory - lipid profile, cholesterol and glucose. In addition, special psychological tests are conducted, with the help of which the doctor can identify the existing disorders of thinking, memory and emotions. The diagnosis is confirmed if such changes last more than six months and the condition continues to deteriorate.to table of contents ^
To cure 2 degree of disease is very difficult. Among the main methods of therapy - diet, improvement of cerebral circulation, correction of lipid metabolism, girudo, manual therapy, acupuncture, therapeutic exercise.
DEP of 2 degrees often gives relapses to prevent them, appoint Vinpocetine, Actovegin, Cinnarizine, Metamax. In most cases, treatment is supplemented by physio-reflexotherapy. With a rapid increase in cognitive impairment( reduced mental capacity, memory, etc.), as well as neurological deficiencies, the patient will be recommended surgical intervention.
For encephalopathy, low-latency hidden symptoms are typical, which are then gradually amplified. At this point, the patient shows a critical attitude towards his behavior, he overestimates his actions and the state of efficiency. As the disease develops, the patient has to change jobs, habitual living conditions and think about the disability group.to table of contents ^
In the daily diet with the Mediterranean diet must include: brown rice, corn, seafood, rye, kefir, yoghurts, hazelnuts, low-fat cheese, Turkish peas. Also it is necessary to consume as much fresh fruits and vegetables as possible.
Low-calorie diet means rejection of fatty foods of animal origin. In food, you need more grated carrots with olive oil, foods rich in potassium: raisins, figs, dried apricots, potatoes and avocados. To improve memory and concentration of attention, onions and shrimps will be useful, with depressive conditions I help to fight cumin, strawberry and bananas.
In addition, any diet of a patient with discirculatory encephalopathy should include foods that have antioxidant properties that help reduce blood cholesterol levels and will stimulate metabolic processes. This includes: cereals( oatmeal, rice), vegetable unrefined oil, sprouted wheat grains, green vegetables and cod liver. Necessary and products that stimulate the work of the circulatory system - it's tomatoes, peppers, grapes, garlic, raspberries, citrus.
It is important to reduce salt intake to 0.5 teaspoons per day - this will help get rid of swelling and lower blood pressure.
- Physiotherapy - the effect on the body of a current or magnetic field. It is prescribed by courses of 15-20 procedures. Requires at least 2 courses per year.
- Galvanotherapy - the effect on the cervical spine and shoulders with weak currents. Promotes the expansion of capillaries and improve the movement of blood in them. Relieves spasm and pain, improves cell nutrition and metabolic processes. To enhance the effect, the doctor can simultaneously inject drugs such as bromine, iodine, potassium orotate.
- Electrosleep - stimulation of the brain by low-frequency currents and force. It helps to improve metabolic processes in gray and white matter, and also to establish new connections between nerve cells. During the procedure, patients often fall asleep, and their nervous system calms down.
- UHF-therapy - treatment of encephalopathy with an electric magnetic field of high frequency. The method has an effect on neurons of the brain and blood vessels, the work of nervous tissues improves, inflammation decreases.
- Baths. For the treatment of DEP 2 degree, carbon dioxide, oxygen and radon baths are recommended. They normalize blood circulation and dilate blood vessels. As a result, noise in the head disappears and sleep problems, mood improves.
- Laser Therapy. Magneto-infrared-laser and magnetolaser radiation are used. The therapeutic effect on the cervical collar region improves the functioning of nerve cells and increases the amount of blood flowing to the brain.
- Massage. Acupuncture massage affects certain reflex points on the body that normalize the brain, it is recommended to combine it with acupuncture. Unlike other species, this type of massage is allowed to patients with high blood pressure. Massage of the collar zone relieves spasm of muscles that pinch the arteries that lead to the brain. Lymphatic drainage massage significantly improves the outflow of lymph and eliminates swelling of affected areas of the brain.
- Avoid any stressful situations, psychological disorders, emotional stress.
- Monitor blood pressure, blood cholesterol level.
- Maintain blood sugar levels within acceptable limits.
- Follow the body weight.
- Refuse from smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages.
- 1-2 times a year undergo a medical examination and appropriate treatment to prevent the progress of the disease( this applies to patients with already existing dyscirculatory encephalopathy of the 2nd degree).
Treatment with folk remedies
- Hawthorn - for stimulating the cardiovascular and circulatory systems. Fresh fruits of the plant must be taken with this disease during the entire fertile season. The daily rate is 1 cup of berries. The healing properties of the plant will increase if you prepare a decoction of dry berries: 1 cup of fruit pour 1 liter of boiling water and warm in a water bath for 10 minutes. Allow the broth to infuse for 8-10 hours and take 200 ml 30 minutes before meals 3 times a day. The course of treatment is from 2 to 3 months.
- Caucasian balm is a folk herbal remedy for improving the blood circulation of the brain and stimulating its working capacity. It includes: tinctures of Caucasian dioscorea, propolis and red clover.100 grams of propolis dissolved in 1 liter of vodka and leave to infuse for 10 days. Next, 30 grams of crushed red clover flowers pour 0.5 liters of vodka and leave in a dark place for 6 days.45 grams finely chopped Dioscorea root pour 400 ml of medical alcohol and leave to infuse in a cool place for 4 days. Next, all the ingredients drain, mix in equal proportions, take 5 ml( 1 teaspoon) 4 times a day after meals. Duration of treatment should not exceed 10 weeks, after which a break of 14 days is required and the course is repeated again.
- Herbal collection of dried rose petals, leaves of white birch, plantain and coltsfoot, herbs of medicinal and licorice grass, inflorescences of linden, oregano and horsetail. You will also need crushed dry hips, raspberries and fried dill seeds. All the ingredients should be ground in equal proportions.15 grams of the finished mixture to soak 200 ml of water, let it brew for 25 minutes and take 100 ml 3 times a day on an empty stomach. The course of treatment can be 3 months. This herbal collection strengthens memory, stimulates the basic functions of the brain, and has toning properties.
- Sedative herbal remedy is a popular remedy in folk medicine in the treatment of second-degree dyscirculatory encephalopathy at home. It stimulates the central and circulatory system, and also has a calming effect. The collection consists of dried inflorescences of chemist's chamomile, melissa leaves, mint, valerian root and lemon zest.1 teaspoon of each ingredient is poured with 1 liter of boiling water and infused for 4 hours. Take the broth should be 200 ml every 8 hours for 2.5-3 months. After a week, there is a noise in the ears, fatigue, headache, increases efficiency.
- III group. The patient has a 2 stage DEP.Disorders of life activity are little expressed, but in professional activity there are some difficulties. A person is able to serve himself, but needs a selective outside help.
- II group. The patient has 2 or 3 degrees of illness. There is a sharp deterioration in vital activity: memory impairment, recurrent strokes, neurological abnormalities. The patient can not do his job, he needs help in his everyday life.
- I group. Progressive encephalopathy of the 3rd stage. Violation of musculoskeletal functions, circulatory disorders, dementia, memory loss, aggressiveness. The patient completely loses his ability to work and can not service himself.
The lifespan in people with a diagnosis of dyscirculatory encephalopathy of the 2nd degree is not limited. However, if not treated, the disease can lead to grade 3 and complete loss of ability to work.2 stage of the disease can be slowed down for decades. To worse the forecast can:
- Increase of sugar in blood.
- Circulatory disturbances.
- Degenerative changes in the brain.
It is necessary to know that in the absence of adequate treatment of the disease and regular preventive measures, each next stage develops with an interval of 2 years.