Snoring is a problem that is diagnosed more often. Usually men and women of middle and old age suffer from the ailment, but the problem can concern women, young people and even children. There are many reasons for rhonchopathy, most often on its occurrence is affected by a whole complex of factors. Their elimination will help to reduce risks and significantly improve the patient's condition.
- Causes of
- Causes of
- Causes of
- Treatment of
- Exercises of
- Drugs of
- Operation of
- Devices of
- Folk remedies of
- In pregnancy
- In children
- Prevention of
According to statistics, rhonchopathy occurs in 30% of adults and 10% of children and adolescents. Snoring arises because of the increase in the tissues of the palate and the nasopharynx - the respiratory throat is severely narrowed, with inspiration there is a vibration accompanied by a characteristic wheezing-growling sound. As a rule, snoring increases in the supine position on the back.
Snoring can occur due to:
- of congenital pathologies( Down syndrome, wolf mouth);
- curvature of nasal septum
- the presence of polyps in the nose;
- obesity or a strong increase in body weight;
- trauma to the nasopharynx, nose or oral cavity;
- receiving potent drugs, including sleeping pills;
- for acute respiratory infections;
- abuse of alcohol and tobacco smoking;
- age-related changes( weakening) of larynx tissues;
- the presence of a foreign body;
- heart failure.
is dangerous. When diagnosing the reasons for snoring, it is necessary to eliminate the risk of obstructive sleep apnea. This short-term delay in breathing can cause problems with pressure, heart failure, worsening of blood flow, and in severe cases lead to death of a person. During an attack of apnea, blood pressure rises sharply, which can provoke a heart attack or pre-sultness. In some cases, pulmonary hypertension may develop in combination with heart failure.
Snoring in apnea occurs during the spontaneous release from this state during the expansion of the nasopharyngeal muscles. Due to the lack of oxygen supply of brain cells, patients suffer from a decrease in intelligence, work capacity decreases and there is a strong drowsiness during the day. The illness requires strict medical control, self-medication is excluded.to the table of contents ^
To understand how to deal with snoring in women and men, therapists and otolaryngologists are capable. At home, you can try to cope with uncomplicated snoring. To help patients are offered a variety of drugs, appliances, exercises and even a diet.to contents ^
Treatment of snoring at home includes special breathing exercises that strengthen the tissues of the nasopharynx. Special techniques have been developed, for example, the Strelnikova system. According to her technique, sharp breaths through the nose are made with squats, bends of the body and slopes - thus it is possible to use the strongest muscle involved in the process of breathing - the diaphragm. Exercise normalizes breathing, strengthens the heart muscle, improves blood flow and improves sleep quality.
As breathing exercises you can inflate balls or master the game on wind instruments. Simple yogic asanas, for example, the posture of a cat or a snake, can help. To carry out the movements correctly, it is advisable to start under the guidance of an experienced trainer. Gymnastics will take no more than 15 minutes, but you need to do it every day.to the table of contents ^
Drug from snoring can be purchased at pharmacies, most recommended products are sold without a prescription.
- Among the most popular remedies are drops from snoring. Most agents in the composition include purified water, glycerin, natural and essential oils.
- Instant snoring remedy( nasal spray) has no contraindications, helps improve breathing, get rid of a cold and sore throat. Popular sprays are Silence Forte and Slipex, drops of Good Night or Asonor.
- Snoring tablets are also very popular. The most common and harmless drug - homeopathic pills Snorstop and Antihrap. They contain a complex of plant extracts and tonic mineral substances, promote the elasticity of nasopharyngeal tissues, soothe, prevent allergic reactions.
- Some antihistamines can reduce throat swelling. Their additional advantage is an easy hypnotic effect.
- With severe narrowing of the respiratory throat and the risk of nocturnal sleep apnea, surgical intervention is necessary. Its essence - removal of the expanded tissues of the sky .Most often, the patient is prescribed uvulopalatoplasty, which affects the palatine arches and tongue. In some cases, possible pharyngouvulopalatoplasty, during surgery, the enlarged tonsils are additionally removed. This procedure not only eliminates snoring, but also reduces the risk of frequent colds.
- Recently, the snoring treatment for has been common. The procedure shortens the operation time and rehabilitation period. A part of the soft tissue is burned out using a precisely directed beam. In the process of scarring, they are replaced by more dense connective tissues, the lumen of the respiratory throat is released, hence the person stops snoring.
- If the reason for snoring is polyps in the nose, they are removed using scalpel .However, it is worth considering that after a while the growths will appear again. Before the operation, a specialist consultation is required, which will weigh all the risks and help to make the final decision.
- The snoring pillow is the simplest and most affordable home remedy. It can be purchased at a pharmacy or orthopedic salon, choosing the right size and density. The product is filled with a hypoallergenic material that holds the form well and meets all hygiene requirements. At the edges, the pillow is slightly raised, in the middle there is a depression. The product locks the head in a comfortable position, not allowing the patient to roll over on his back. A good pillow relieves stress on the neck, allows you to completely relax and fully rest.
- Clip from snoring is no less popular. The silicone device, equipped with magnetic balls, is put on the bridge of the nose before going to bed and expands the airways. The device has no contraindications and is very simple to use.
- The Orifice helps to lift the sky. To adaptation it is necessary to get used, but it can completely relieve from uncomplicated ronhopathy. The course of treatment lasts 2-3 weeks, then you can refuse from the kapa.
- The ACAP devices are suitable for severe forms of snoring and sleep apnea. These complex devices regulate the patient's respiration rate, the supply of oxygen, and the level varies depending on the rate of respiration. With this method, the sky does not fall off, the patient can breathe freely. There are devices, supplemented by air humidifiers and automatic mode, which does not require manual tuning. The only disadvantage of CPAP therapy is the high price.
There are a lot of folk recipes that can strengthen the tissues of the sky, improve breathing and prevent bouts of nocturnal snoring.
- household humidifiers are very useful. They remove excessive air dryness, remove dust, and the patient can breathe easily with his nose. To enhance the effect in the water, essential oils, healthy tissues of the nasopharynx are added. Suitable esters of lemon, grapefruit, eucalyptus, cedar, rosemary.
- Sea buckthorn oil cleanses the respiratory tract well and helps to relieve swelling.4 hours before sleep, 2-3 drops of the drug are released into each nostril. Treatment lasts 2-3 weeks, then it's worth taking a break.
- An affordable and safe anti-snoring solution is the rinsing of the nose with .In 1 glass of warm water, 1 tbsp.spoon of sea salt. The procedure is done 2 times a day, in the morning and in the evening.
It's the patient who can decide what helps with snoring. It is recommended to try out several methods and focus on the one that will give the best results.to table of contents ^
When pregnancy is
Quite often cases when women begin to worry about snoring during pregnancy. During the period of bearing the child, snoring can increase if the woman has suffered from rontopathy earlier, or occurs during this period, and stops after giving birth.
This phenomenon can be based on the following reasons:
- Hormonal changes .Because of the increase in the level of progesterone in the blood, directed primarily at relaxing the uterus, the tonus of all the muscles of the body, including the pharynx, decreases.
- Weight set .During pregnancy, a woman can recover by 10-20 kg, or even more. In this case, fat deposits accumulate not only under the skin, but also in other organs, for example, in the cell spaces of the neck, which causes a narrowing of the pharynx.
- Rhinitis of pregnant , or hormonal rhinitis. From 20 to 30% of pregnant women suffer from a cold from 2-3 months and until the end of pregnancy. This disease can also contribute to the appearance of snoring.
- Swelling of tissues .The accumulation of fluid in the body of a pregnant woman is due to the need to ensure greater elasticity and better stretching of tissues in childbirth. Alas, this also leads to a "swelling" of the mucous throat, which results in snoring.
If the snore is uniform and is not complicated by the stops of breathing, then the pregnant woman can fight with it alone.
- It is advisable to try to sleep on the side and the raised headboard;
- to control the consumption of salty foods, it is better to reduce their quantity to a minimum;
- must follow the set of weight;
- do simple exercises for the muscles of the tongue and throat and respiratory gymnastics.
However, with the syndrome of apnea, the best way is to contact a doctor-somnologist, since there are no effective "home" treatments. Only timely diagnosis and proper treatment will help to normalize breathing in a dream and provide the future child with a safe development and birth.to contents ^
However, often the cause of snoring in a baby are adenoids( enlarged nasopharyngeal tonsils).There are three degrees of development of adenoids:
- first - characterized by difficulty breathing and infrequent manifestations of snoring in sleep;
- the second - is characterized by constant snoring in the dream and shortness of breath not only through the nose, but also through the mouth;
- the third - is characterized by constantly shortness of breath( even in the afternoon), an increase in the risk of apnea and an increasing frequency of ENT diseases( tonsillitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis).
The true cause of snoring can only be established by an otolaryngologist. The sooner a diagnosis is made, the sooner it will be possible to rid the child of unpleasant sensations and possible negative consequences. Timely treatment of adenoids increases the likelihood of success using a conservative( medicamental) method, in contrast to the operative one, which is shown in advanced stages. At the initial stages of the disease, treatment consists of washing the nasopharynx and applying physiotherapy, while at the third, most severe stage, surgical intervention is required - surgical removal of the adenoids.to table of contents ^
Preventing snoring attacks will help the correct way of life. Reducing weight, you can significantly reduce the risk of "nocturnal serenades."
- It is recommended to limit the total caloric content of the diet, to reject fatty and fried foods, industrial sweets, carbonated drinks.
- To enhance the effect, it is recommended to exclude foods and drinks that detain water in the body. They not only increase weight, but also contribute to edema of tissues.
- Pickles, smoked products, fast food, coffee and strong black tea are removed from the menu.
- It is recommended to consume more vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, sea fish. These products not only help to get rid of extra pounds, but also strengthen immunity.
Unequivocal answers, how to cure snoring once and for all, does not exist. Everything depends on the causes of its appearance, the characteristics of the organism, the presence and absence of other chronic diseases.