Every girlperiodically tries to change its image. One of the easiest ways is to dye your hair. If you want to give your locks a red tint, but at the same time are afraid to harm them, henna for hair will help. This natural dye allows in a few minutes to change the image and give the strands a beautiful appearance.
What is Henna
It contains green chlorophyll and lavson( hennotanic acid) yellowish-red hue. Also, the substance contains substances such as:
- fat components;
- vitamins C and K;
- organic acids;
- essential oils.
The maximum amount of coloring components is present in the lower leaves of henna, and they accumulate during flowering.
Henna staining is carried out due to the accumulation of pigment in the upper layers of hair. The dye does not fall into their structure, but it gives the hair color for a long time. On the stability of color, henna can be compared with chemicals.
After staining with this product, the hair can acquire a reddish-red or reddish-brown tone. An orange shade may also be added. If you mix this substance with other ingredients, you can get a wider palette of colors.
Types of Henna hair
The following types of henna are distinguished by their origin:
- Indian, which has different shades, as producers mix all kinds of ingredients. Because a suitable option can pick up and brunettes, and blondes. As a result of using this tool, you can get ruby, eggplant or wine shades. colorless choice
- Iranian. This tool has only one form, but it can easily be combined with a variety of products. Thanks to this, you can achieve different color solutions.
- Sudanese. This option is popular with fans of copper shade. As a result of staining, a stable result can be obtained, which persists for several months. However, this tool is not recommended to be combined with others. Iranian Sudanese
As for color solutions that allow to get henna, traditional options are copper and fiery-red tones. Similar options can be obtained by staining the blond or dark blond hair. If you apply the product to your blond hair, you will achieve an orange shade. Dark curls, this product will give a chestnut tint.
Among the most popular tones, which allows you to get Indian henna, it is worth highlighting the following:
- golden is obtained when added to henna cinnamon or turmeric and ideally suits girls with light brown or light strands;
- machaon - an excellent option for girls with chestnut hair, it allows you to get a copper color with a reddish tint;
- Burgundy - when combined with henna and beetroot extract, it is possible to obtain a tone of a ripe cherry, which has a certain share of sunlight;
- black - the darkest tone of henna, which allows you to get a dark brown hue, which has notes of bitter chocolate.
A special substance is colorless henna. This remedy is also a dried lavson. However, in this case, the stems are treated, not the leaves of the plant. This part of the bush contains no coloring pigment, but includes many useful components.
Henna colorless is actively used in cosmetology to strengthen hair. Literally through 2-3 applications the tool will make curls voluminous, smooth and silky. That is why the mask for hair from colorless henna is very popular. The systematic use of this product helps restore the structure of the strands.
Use of colorless henna for hair care - video
Useful properties of henna
In addition to the persistent coloring effect, henna provides an improvement in the structure of the strands. The essence of the action of this product is a superficial penetration into the hair. It does not enter them inside, therefore it has pronounced protective properties. However, the benefit of henna does not end there. Thanks to its application, you can get the following results:
- improve blood circulation in the scalp;
- to activate the growth processes of ringlets;
- strengthen the hair follicles;
- to eliminate the increased dryness of the scalp;
- prevent the occurrence of dandruff;
- to regulate the work of the sebaceous glands;
- tighten the structure of the hairs;
- to prevent the emergence of split ends;
- to provide shine, volume and elasticity of hair due to the appearance of a protective film on them.
The therapeutic effect of henna can be explained by the following:
- it does not break the structure of the hair, but envelops them from the outside, at the same time providing the hair with an extra volume;
- the protective layer formed by it prevents the negative influence of ultraviolet radiation;
- the resulting shade does not burn out in the sun, it is washed off and dims rather slowly;
- henna exerts a strengthening effect due to the presence of tannins in it, which tighten the scaly layer of hair;
- means restores normal water-fat metabolism in the scalp;
- cope with dandruff.
In order to not regret the results obtained after application of henna, it is very important to take into account certain nuances.
- The result of staining depends on the initial shade of the hair and its structure. That is why henna can not be called a universal dye, which is suitable for all girls without exception.
- With every application of henna strands absorb it more and more, which gives the hair a more intense shade. However, the first application should not rely on a too bright tone or full-color shading of gray hair.
- When combining henna with chemicals, you can get an unexpected result. Therefore, on top of the hair stained with this substance, do not put a paint with ammonia content. You need to wait until the strands grow back or henna is completely gone.
- It is washed off with great difficulty. Therefore, when staining strands, it is recommended to use gloves. In addition, it is not recommended to touch the diluted paste of the skin near the curls.
- To facilitate the process of applying henna to strands, you should add a raw yolk to the composition. Also for this purpose, you can use kefir, essential oils or herbal medicinal herbs.
- After using henna, do not wash your hair for 2-3 days, as the staining process continues for 48 hours.
- Girls with thin and brittle hair should mix henna with yogurt, coffee or olive oil. olive oil coffee kefir
Henna coloring technology
Changing the shade of hair with henna is a very simple process that allows you to get excellent results. To achieve the desired effect, it is necessary to take into account important features.
- Before hair coloring, it is recommended to prepare hair a little. Owners of split ends must be trimmed. Otherwise, you will get an uneven shade, because damaged areas of the hair are painted more intensively. Then the head of hear must be washed and lightly dried. Strands need to be combed.
- After that you can proceed to the preparation of the powder and all the ingredients that you plan to put in the mixture. For long curls it is worth using 2-3 sachets of the remedy. Holders of short strands will be enough 2-3 spoonfuls.
- Leave the mixture to swell for about 10 minutes. However, it is important to consider that the hair needs to be applied quite a hot mass. To keep the mixture cool, it is recommended to place the container in a bowl with hot water. Applying is recommended as quickly as possible so that the dye does not cool.
- Staining should begin from the back of the neck - it is in this area that the hair is as thick and dense as possible. To paint them, it will take more time. Thin and tender hairs, located in the temporal and frontal zones, are treated last. The procedure should be carried out with gloves using a special brush.
- The head should be wrapped with food wrap and towel. The longer the paint is held, the more intense the shade becomes. It is best to leave the substance in strands for 1-2 hours. The maximum time( for dark hair) can be 8 hours.
- To wash the product off hair, it is not necessary to apply shampoo. The fact that this tool helps protect the strands from contamination. That's why the head of hearing will for a long time remain fresh and clean.
Application of henna for coloring curls has certain contraindications, which must be taken into account. They include the following:
- dyeing of hair with chemical dyes;
- large amount of gray hair( more than 30-40%);
- pre-drawn perm;
- damaged hair.
Special care should be taken by blonde girls. The use of henna can lead to too intense shade.
Effective masks with henna
To make hair more beautiful, you can make useful masks using henna:
- Hair mask with serum. To prepare it, take a couple of spoons of colorless henna, add hot serum and leave for 20 minutes. Then put a little honey, mix well and apply on strands. After 1 hour, the hair can be washed. Such a composition perfectly nourishes locks and has a pronounced strengthening effect. colorless henna serum honey
- Mask with yogurt. A couple of spoons of colorless henna mixed with 100 ml of yogurt and put on curls, leaving for 40 minutes. This tool strengthens the strands and makes them more shiny.
- Mask with egg and honey. To 2 teaspoons of henna, add hot water. After cooling the mixture, you can add an egg and a little honey. With the resulting composition, treat the hair and leave the mask for 40 minutes. The medium nourishes the strands and restores their structure.
Henna is a very useful product for hair. It helps to restore their structure, making the strands more healthy and strong. In addition, thanks to the use of henna, you can change your image in a matter of seconds beyond recognition, without causing any harm to locks.
Hair mask with henna - video