Enzymes( enzymes) are substances that act as catalysts in metabolic processes, which makes it possible to improve and accelerate reactions several times during the digestion of food. Changes in the number of enzymes for digestion in the body indicate a possible development of the disease. Therefore, when there are symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, flatulence, you need to seek medical advice from a doctor.
- The role of enzymes in digestion
- For children
- In pregnancy
The role of enzymes in digestion
The enzymes that are produced in the intestines, stomach, salivary glands are of great importance in the process of food processing. Enzymes involved in digestion are very active and able to split a large number of organic substances( proteins, carbohydrates and fats), which contributes to the qualitative assimilation of food. Each of the enzymes is designed to catalyze one particular reaction and acts on one type of bond.
There are 3 groups of these substances:
- Lipase - is a part of gastric juice and is produced by the pancreas. Lipase is necessary for better absorption of fats.
- Amylase - is needed for the breakdown of carbohydrates, under its influence they are quickly destroyed and absorbed into the blood. To this group of enzymes are lactase of pancreatic juice, maltase and saliva amylase.
- Protease - helps to break down proteins and normalize the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract. Proteases include pepsin and chymosin of the stomach, carboxypeptidase of the pancreas, trypsin, chymotrypsin, urepsin of intestinal juice.
WhenDigestive disorders are prescribed drugs containing enzymes. Depending on the composition, these groups of enzyme medicines are isolated:
- Extracts of the gastric mucosa , whose active ingredient is pepsin( Abomin, Acidin-Pepsin).The action of this group of enzymes is aimed at the normalization of the secretory function of the stomach and in most cases they are prescribed for atrophic gastritis.
- Pancreatic enzymes , represented by lipase, amylase and trypsin( Pancreatin, Pansinorm forte-N, Pancitrat, Creon, Mezim-forte).The drugs are used to correct digestion disorders and to normalize pancreatic functions. They provide good digestive activity and contribute to the elimination of symptoms of gland failure( decreased appetite, rumbling in the stomach, nausea, flatulence).
Each drug differs in the activity of the constituent components. For example, amylase promotes decomposition of pectin and starch to simple sugars - maltose and sucrose. The enzyme cleaves extracellular polysaccharides( glycogen, starch) and does not participate in the hydrolysis of plant fiber. Proteases( trypsin and chymotrypsin) regulate intestinal motility. Lipase is involved in the hydrolysis of neutral fat in the small intestine.
- Combined enzymes , which include pancreatin in combination with the components of hemicellulose, bile( Festal, Pansinorm forte, Enzistal, Digestal).Drugs containing bile acids stimulate the motility of the gallbladder and intestines. Means, with the active substances of hemicellulose and bile components, create favorable conditions for the complete and rapid breakdown of fats, proteins and carbohydrates in the 12-finger and small intestine. Medications prescribed with insufficient exocrine function of the pancreas in combination with diseases of the bile excretory system, liver, with a sedentary lifestyle, a violation of the masticatory function, short-term errors in nutrition.
The presence of pancreas, bile and hydrochloride amino acids in combination preparations with enzymes( Penzinorm forte) helps to normalize digestion processes in patients with an anacid or hypoacid gastritis. In such patients, violations of the functions of the pancreas, biliary excretion and bile formation are often observed.
Hemicellulose, which is a part of some medicines( for example, Kotazim-forte, Mezim, Festal, Pancreoflatt), helps to split the vegetative fiber in the lumen of the small intestine and normalize the intestinal microflora.
Most combined products contain dimethicone and simethicone, which destroy the shell of gas bubbles, which facilitates its easy assimilation by the walls of the intestine and stomach.to contents ^
Plant-derived enzymes are represented by fungal amylase, papain, lipase, protease and other enzymes( Oraza, Pepfiz, Unienzyme).Protease and papain hydrolyze proteins, lipase - fats, fungal amylase - carbohydrates.
There are also combined plant enzymes in combination with pancreatin, vitamins( Wobenzym) and disaccharidases( Tilaktaza, Lactraza, Kerulak).Enzymes are used for ulcerative colitis, pancreatitis, Crohn's disease, autoimmune, oncological, gynecological, urological diseases, trauma.to the table of contents ^
The child, just like an adult, is prone to digestive disorders. Almost all of the above enzyme preparations are suitable for children. However, only a doctor can prescribe this or that medicine in the right dosage.
The most popular and best enzyme preparations for normalizing digestion in children are:
- Abomin - is used for digestive disorders, gastroenteritis, gastric acidity, gastritis, enterocolitis. It is forbidden to take medication with a regurgitation syndrome and vomiting in children at an early age. In some cases, Abomin can provoke temporary heartburn and nausea.
- Mezim-forte helps to fill the deficiencies of pancreatic enzymes, and also stimulates digestion of food. The medicine is prescribed for ulcerous diseases, chronic pancreatitis, dysbacteriosis, enteritis, gastritis, intestinal infection. Can be administered for a short time, to facilitate the digestion process. It is forbidden to take with exacerbation of pancreatitis.
- Pancreatin 8000 - facilitates the digestion of fats, carbohydrates, proteins, facilitates absorption in the small intestine. The drug is used for pathologies of the intestine, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, chronic inflammatory diseases of the stomach.
- Creon is an effective enzyme that helps to improve digestion. It is recommended to take it with overfilling the stomach, abuse of fatty or other foods. Do not take medicine for acute pancreatitis.
Women often have digestive disorders in their waiting for a child, requiring a correction of the diet and the appointment of substitution therapy with enzymes. Disturbances are manifested by flatulence, bloating, abnormal stool, abdominal pain, intolerance to certain foods.
In chronic pancreatitis, vomiting, nausea, decreased appetite, girdling pain in the abdomen, etc., may be added to these symptoms. In some cases, the lack of enzymes may be asymptomatic for the expectant mother, but the fruit will not receive the necessary nutrients.
For correction of digestive disorders during pregnancy and breastfeeding, a woman should avoid overeating, restrict intake of fatty and sugary foods. Enzymes for improving digestion begin to act 20-30 minutes after ingestion. They should be taken during or immediately after meals. When asked which enzymes can be used by pregnant women, as well as the frequency and duration of their intake, the doctor should respond.