Sinusitis - inflammation of one or two nasal maxillary sinuses. It can occur as a complication after advanced rhinitis and infectious diseases. This disease is usually treated with antibiotics. Rinsing the nose provides an additional element of therapy, so you should know how to effectively cure sinusitis with folk remedies.
- Symptoms of the disease
- Onion juice
- Root of the cyclamen
- Flax seeds
- Beet juice
- Herbal collection
- Garlic honey inhalations
- Bay leaf
Symptoms of the disease
Symptoms of the sinusitis do not always appear in the first days of inflammation. Sometimes they, only having arisen, pass by themselves, which creates the appearance of a spontaneous cure. In fact, catarrhal or acute sinusitis turns into a chronic form, getting rid of it is much harder. Sinusitis has a number of signs:
- Constant nasal congestion.
- Mucous and purulent discharge.
- Loss or deterioration of smell.
- Elevated temperature: it can fluctuate between 37-38 degrees, and in cases of severe inflammation it can reach 40.
- Severe headache, which is aggravated by movement.
- Feeling of heaviness in the bridge of the nose.
- Increased fatigue.
- Memory impairment.
Sometimes, with exacerbation of sinusitis, tear and swelling under the eyes can be traced.
When the first help to eliminate the bacteria, the second - to clean the maxillary sinuses from mucus and pus. Therefore, the following recipes can be an effective addition to the main therapy, which can be tested at home.to contents ^
Nasal drops based on bactericidal onion juice are made with the addition of unrefined sunflower oil in a ratio of 1: 1.For greater effect, it is permissible to slightly increase the amount of juice. The mixture must be mixed well, so that the liquid has a uniform consistency. A fresh remedy for sinusitis should be buried in both nostrils for 2-3 drops. It is important to do the procedure first with one nostril, for example, the right one, and lie for about 5 minutes on the right side, after that - do the same with the left one. The procedure should be repeated three times a day. Onion medicine can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than two days.
Cyclamen is a fairly common indoor plant whose cultivationdoes not make much effort and special care. But its healing properties are very well known, including in the treatment of sinusitis. To make drops for the nose, you need the root of this plant, which must be thoroughly rinsed and grinded on a grater. Obtained gruel must be filtered with gauze or mesh. As a result, the juice remains: it must be diluted with chilled boiled water at a rate of 1: 1 and dig in two drops a day on the nostril. After the procedure, it's worth 5-10 minutes to lie on your back. After a week, therapy should be stopped.
This plant has been considered a panacea since ancient times. It is effective in case of genyantritis, since it has anti-inflammatory and bactericidal action.
Recipes using this plant can be found in plenty, we will focus on some of the most popular:
- Fresh juice from the leaves of aloe should be digested 2-3 times a day.
- In the same way, you can use a mixture of aloe juice, decoction of celandine and honey.
- Also effective is the combination of onion juice( up to 5 drops) and aloe( about 25 milliliters).
- For 2-3 days a mixture of fresh honey, aloe and natural dry red wine is taken inside by a teaspoon before meals.
- You can prepare a remedy based on Vishnevsky ointment with the addition of juice from onion, aloe, calanchoe and honey. Compress from such an ointment is placed in the nostril on a cotton ball for half an hour.
Their broth on milk can be used for inhalations. This requires half a glass of milk and 50 milliliters of seeds.
It also recommends dry compresses from flax seeds, which should be applied in the nose and on the sides of the nose. This method is effective for treating sinusitis in children, since it does not cause unpleasant sensations, such as, for example, instilling onions. The method of its action consists in heating the inflamed place, which promotes the liquefaction of mucus. After the compress, it is necessary to empty the nasal canals in order to withdraw the mucus.to contents ^
Beetroot has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is effective from sinusitis in children and adults. You can use it in different ways:
- Bury the juice of fresh beets 2-3 drops 3-4 times a day. The same way you can use fermented juice.
- A mixture of 8 parts of beet juice and one honey. Use the same as pure beet juice.
- You can use juice from a beet that has been healed for half an hour in the oven. This drug should be buried at night, 7-8 drops.
A good immunostimulant is the collection of herbs that relieve inflammation and promote the excretion of mucus. The most suitable for the treatment of sinusitis are the following fees:
- A decoction of chamomile, St. John's wort and marshweed with the addition of a few drops of eucalyptus oil will be useful for short( 3-4 minutes) inhalation and washing of the nose.
- A mixture of lemon balm, mint and plantain has antibacterial and vasoconstrictive properties. This broth should be drunk and used for inhalations, which should be done for 15 minutes in 5-6 receptions, constantly heating the infusion.
- A mixture of eucalyptus, sage, turn, millennial and chamomile leaves will be useful as inhalation, and tea, which should be taken every 2 hours for half a cup.
For the procedure, it is required to add to 3-4 cups of boiled water 3-4 large chopped cloves of garlic and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Carry out inhalation at least three times a day for 15 minutes.
You can make from laurel leaves either inhalation or hotcompress. To do this, 10 crushed laurel leaves pour 0.5 cup of hot boiled water and put for half an hour on a water bath. Inhalation should be carried out for 15 minutes in several approaches, and the compress should be applied to the inflamed zone at night.to Contents ^
Horseradish use is effective in chronic sinus anemia. The course of treatment can be up to three to four months. Take the root of horseradish need in the form of gruel, along with lemon juice for 0.5 teaspoon.to contents ^
Margarita, 25 years old, Sevastopol:
"I cured chronic sinusitis with inhalations from honey and garlic, and when exacerbations I was treated with onion juice, as a result, folk methods helped me completely get rid of the disease. Now I am completely healthy, there is no sinus, no rhinitis. "
Irina, 34, Moscow:
"Treated a genyantritis to a child. First, the doctor took a sharp form, but the disease spilled over into a chronic one. A good remedy for sinusitis was beet juice and inhalation from laurel leaves. Relief came a week later, a month later the course was repeated, now everything is fine. I advise everyone. "