Cervical erosion is a benign formation or defect in the cervical epithelial tissues lining its vaginal surface. Most often, the disease occurs as a result of purulent inflammation, after the infection, mechanical or chemical lesions of the cervix. To eliminate erosion, traditional medicamental or hardware treatment is usually used, but folk remedies are also quite effective in combating this disease.
- Folk remedies
- Fresh nettle
- Sea buckthorn oil
occurs erosion of more than half of all women of reproductive age and is virtually seen in womenover 40 years old. Despite conflicting opinions, most physicians tend to believe that erosion is the normal physiological state of young women.
Causes of erosion of the cervix can be very different:
- Hormonal alteration of the body( the period of maturation, the onset of sexual activity, pregnancy, the use of hormonal contraceptives, etc.).
- Previously the onset of sexual activity, frequent sexual contact, promiscuity.
- A rather late life started with rare sexual acts.
- Frequent inflammatory processes of the reproductive system, infections of the genital organs( chlamydia, candidiasis, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, etc.).
- Postponed viral infections.
- Traumatic injuries, mechanical or chemical irritation of the epithelial tissues of the vagina and uterus( abortions, ovarian or genital operations, caesarean section, etc.).
- Disorders of the endocrine and immune systems( irregular cycles associated with hormonal failures, endocrine diseases, weakening of immunity).
Erosion is a benign formation that appears on the cervix as an epithelial ulceration. The disease can manifest itself in different ways.
If the first lesions of the epithelium are insignificant, obvious symptoms are usually absent. In this case, only the gynecologist can detect erosion during a preventive examination. Therefore, visits to it should become regular: the earlier the disease is discovered and the treatment is carried out, the easier and more efficiently it will pass. Often, erosion, discovered accidentally, with timely therapy disappears for a couple of weeks and does not cause any harm to the health of a woman.
If epithelial damage is extensive, the following symptoms are possible:
- painful sensations observed during sexual contact( from slight discomfort to severe pains);
- spotting at any stage of the menstrual cycle;
- copious discharge of white color or even pus.
In a healthy state, the glands of internal secretion secrete mucus that covers the vagina, cervix and uterine canal. Slime prevents the penetration of microbes, protects against mechanical damage during intercourse, etc. Frequent inflammations, abortions, other invasive manipulations in the genital area, general weakening of the body lead to the fact that the flat epithelial tissues of the neck are replaced by cylindrical, unable to perform protective functions. Thus, the pathological process grows into a chronic one, provoking even more inflammation and increasing the risk of infection with pathogenic bacteria.
Cervical erosion therapy for each patient is assigned individually. It will depend on the size of the pathology, its variety, concomitant diseases and infections. As a rule, they use complex treatment, consisting of hardware surgical procedures and drug therapy.
- laser coagulation( modern high-precision operating method, providing fast healing without scars);
- diathermocoagulation( cauterization of the epithelium with electric current), diathermoconation;
- Radiosurgery( operating with superfrequency electromagnetic fields);
- cryodestruction( cauterization of erosion by liquid nitrogen);
- chemical or pharmacological coagulation( moxibustion of tissues with special preparations that corrode pathological tissues);
- surgical removal( cone).
- anti-inflammatory drugs;
- preparations that increase immunity, vitamin complexes;
- hormone therapy if necessary.
Most doctors do not approve of cervical erosion treatment by folk methods, since their effectiveness is not proven. Most often they are used in the form of candles, tampons, douching, wound-healing and restorative means. As a monotherapy for folk remedies, it is better not to get involved, but in combination with medications and hardware treatment can have a good effect.to the table of contents ^
The use of honey in the treatment of erosion gives very good results, but on the condition that the woman does not have allergies to it.
Recipe number 1: 1 teaspoon of honey to lay on gauze, folded in 3 layers, fold it and tie with a thread. The tampon is inserted into the vagina at night, removed in the morning. At the beginning of treatment, blood can remain on the tampon, but as soon as the mucosa normalizes, it will disappear.
Recipe № 2: 1 tablespoon of honey dilute a glass of boiled water, the resulting solution is used for douching in the morning and evening, and at night you need to put a honey candle, which is also prepared independently. To do this, you need honey, butter and propolis tincture to melt in a water bath, mix well, cool, make candles and put them in the refrigerator. The duration of treatment is 7-10 days.
Pumpkin pulp is spread on gauze, folded in 3-4 layers, then the tampon is tied with a thread and inserted into the vagina for the night. Duration of treatment 4-5 days.to contents ^
The juice of the plant is mixed with castor oil and honey in equal proportions, dipped in it a gauze tampon, which is administered overnight in the vagina. In the morning it is necessary to do a syringing with the decoction of marigold. Duration of treatment is 14-15 days.to contents ^
5 large nettle branches are washed underwater, after which the leaves and stems are crushed and squeezed. In the plant juice, a gauze swab is moistened and injected into the vagina for 2 hours or more. Duration of treatment - until complete scarring of erosion.to the table of contents ^
Sea buckthorn oil
Mummy should be diluted in warm water approximately 1/2 cup per 1 tablet or a similarly sized piece. In the resulting solution, wet the tampon and insert it into the vagina before going to bed. Treatment lasts for 3 weeks. In parallel, the mummy needs to be taken inside - every day 0.3 grams. Sexual life for the period of treatment is prohibited.to table of contents ^
St. John's wort
In 2 liters of hot water, brew 4 tablespoons of herbs, boil, then simmer for another 10 minutes over low heat. Cover the container, leave for half an hour. A ready-made remedy for douching every day.to contents ^
To prevent the development of erosion, women of all ages need:
- Avoid promiscuous sexual intercourse.
- Abstain from abortion.
- Use personal protective equipment when dealing with unfamiliar partners.
- Regularly visit a gynecologist and take tests.
- Observe the rules of personal hygiene.
- Maintain your immunity.