Pancakes are a traditional Slavic dish, which is surely prepared in every Russian family from ancient timesx times to the present day. Many national cuisines have their own variants of pancakes: pancakes from Americans, thin pancakes from the French, tortillas from Mexicans, etc.
Pancakes in milk are an invariable attribute of Russian national cuisine. Traditionally, pancakes were also cooked on yeast, using buckwheat flour. Today, you can meet recipes with the most unusual ingredients, such as tomatoes, oat flakes or casein.
How to cook traditional, "grandmother's" pancakes or surprise your family with an unusual dish? How many eggs do you need for pancakes? How to cook delicious diet pancakes? We will analyze all the questions in step-by-step recipes.
Traditional recipe for pancakes on milk
Despite the variety of recipes, it is traditional pancakes in milk that remain favorite by most gourmets. Prepare them with a variety of fillings: caviar, fish, meat, mushrooms, cheese, cottage cheese or berries.
- 0.5 liters of fresh fatty milk.
- 3 eggs.
- 1 cup of premium flour.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 2 tbsp.tablespoons sunflower oil.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Mix eggs, sugar and salt. We sift the flour several times. Beater or fork is mixed until homogeneous. Constantly stirring, in small portions we add milk. The dough for pancakes on milk should resemble a thick jelly.
- In the resulting mass, add half the oil.
- The frying pan needs to be warmed up well and oiled or greased. In order for the layer to be uniform, you can use a napkin.
- Pour a small amount of dough into the center of the frying pan. Leaning it aside, we let the test spread evenly over the entire surface.
- Bake a pancake on a small fire on one side until it turns pink. Turn it neatly with a spatula and fry for a minute and a half.
Traditional flour pancakes on milk are served with tea with raspberry or strawberry jam.
For preparation with red fish, cheese or caviar, thin pancakes are ideal. Half a liter of milk will produce 15-20 medium-sized pancakes.
- 0.5 liters of warm cow's milk.
- 4 spoons( with a slide) of sifted wheat flour.
- 4 spoons( without a slide) of potato starch.
- 4 eggs.
- 1 pinch of fine salt.
- Sugar to taste.
- Vanilla extract to taste.
- 3 tbsp.spoons of refined vegetable oil.
- Mix flour with starch, sugar, vanillin. Solim, add eggs and diligently mix.
- Gradually add warm milk. Stir it diligently, not allowing lumps. Last pour oil.
- Let's leave the dough for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Before pouring the dough into the frying pan, it must be mixed, as the starch very quickly sinks to the bottom.
- You need to bake pancakes in a well-heated frying pan.
Such pancakes are perfectly stored in the freezer. If necessary, take out, defrost, add the necessary stuffing and reheat in a microwave or oven.
Pancakes on yeast
Another traditional recipe of Russian cuisine - pancakes on yeast. Such pancakes are lush and airy.
- 1 liter of fatty milk.
- 3 eggs.
- 200 grams of butter.
- 2 cups of premium flour.
- 3 tbsp.spoons of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon( without a slide) of salt.
- 1/3 pack of fresh yeast.
- 2 tbsp.spoons of any refined oil.
- Preheat the in a bowl with 150 grams of milk. Mix with yeast, which we first cut into small pieces. Slightly whisk with a whisk and add 1 tablespoon of flour. Leave in a warm place for 10-15 minutes to make the dough come up.
- Three glasses of milk warm up, add salt, sugar, yeast gum.
- Continuously stirring, add flour.
- Separate the proteins from the yolks. We send the yolks into the dough. Proteins leave while in the refrigerator.
- The butter must be melt in a water bath and warm into the dough.
- The dough is left for one and a half to two hours. It should come up 3 times. To prevent the dough from escaping, you need to gently squeeze it.
- Add a glass of hot milk to the dough. The dough should be liquid and easily drained from the ladle.
- Whisk whisk in a thick foam of protein. Gently stirring, pour them into the dough.
- We add in the dough two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Pancakes fry in a hot frying pan on both sides.
This recipe for a liter of milk will produce a stack of pancakes, which you can feed the whole family. If you immediately sprinkle pancakes with sugar or powdered sugar, you will get an excellent base for dessert. They will also perfectly match with curd cream and berries.
Tender pancakes with boiling water
Pancakes with boiling water, above all, are distinguished by a smooth, smooth surface. Their color turns uniformly golden. Such pancakes will be perfectly combined with apricot or strawberry jam, condensed milk or honey.
- 1 cup boiling water.
- 1 cup milk 3.2% fat.
- 2 cups of wheat flour.
- 150 grams of sugar.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 teaspoon of soda.
- 50 grams of refined olive oil.
- Pour the milk into the saucepan and add the eggs. There we send sugar. If you need unsweetened pancakes, add 2 tablespoons of sugar and a little salt.
- Flour sift through a sieve several times. Carefully mix, leaving no lumps. After add the olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- We pour the soda on the dough and fill it with boiling water. We mix everything well.
- Warm up the pancake pan, grease with oil or lard.
- At the center of the frying pan pour one large spoonful of dough. Turning and tilting the frying pan to the sides, we give the test to fill the entire surface. After a minute, turn it over to the other side, fry another minute and take it off.
Pancakes on water
- 4 medium, fresh eggs.
- 300 grams of wheat flour of the highest grade.
- 2 tablespoons of refined oil.
- 1 teaspoon of soda-dried vinegar.
- Salt on the tip of the knife.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- 1 liter of cold, boiled water.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, soda, salt and sugar with water.
- Add flour, pre-sifted several times.
- At medium speed mixer mix the dough to a homogeneous mass. The consistency of the dough should look like a jelly.
- Add olive oil and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Fry pancakes on greased frying pan.
Another plus of such pancakes is elasticity. Such pancakes will be perfectly combined with meat, mushrooms or liver. For example, you can wrap them in the form of bags with different fillings, tying a feather of green onions. Serve this dish with sour cream or natural yogurt.
How to prepare pancakes on water - video
Air pancakes on mineral water
Another economical recipe for pancakes, which are prepared with only 1 egg. Such pancakes are perfect for breakfast, as they are prepared very quickly, and the recipe itself is designed for two portions.
- 50 grams of milk.
- 50 grams of sparkling mineral water.
- 1 chicken egg.
- 4 tablespoons( with a slide) of wheat flour.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Vanilla Extract.
- 2 large spoons of sugar.
- Egg, sugar, vanillin and salt to mix in a bowl. Add the flour and knead the dough.
- Gradually pour in milk and mineral water. To make the dough uniform, you can use a mixer.
- Frying pan must be well warmed up and carefully oiled, so that the pancakes are not stuck.
- Fry the products from both sides until ready.
Pancakes with mineral water are very light and airy. They are perfectly complemented with fresh strawberries, peaches, caramelized pear or pumpkin.
Pancakes on mineral water - video recipe
Pancakes on manga
Pancakes with a manga are interesting and very fragrant. It can replace the flour in the recipe both completely and half.
- 1 cup warm milk 3.2% fat content.
- 1 glass of warm water.
- 2 medium-sized eggs.
- 2 tablespoons( without a slide) of sugar.
- 3 tablespoons( with a slide) of semolina.
- 50 ml of olive oil.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- Flour - on the eye, how much will take the dough to the desired density.
- In the milk, add salt, sugar and water.
- In the resulting mixture, drive in eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add the mango and continue to whisk.
- Leave the dough in a warm place for about 30 minutes, so that the manga swells.
- Bring the dough to the desired consistency with flour.
- Just before the hottest, add olive oil.
Pancakes with a manga perfectly combined with honey or raspberry jam. Serve them best with tea or milk.
Pancakes made from buckwheat flour
This recipe is perfect for those who adhere to proper nutrition.
- 0.5 liters of low-fat milk.
- 0.5 cups of buckwheat flour.
- 0.75 cups of whole wheat flour.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- 3 large eggs.
- A large spoonful of sugar.
- 50 grams of olive oil.
- We dispatch all the ingredients to the mixer and whisk thoroughly.
- Let's leave the dough for the night in the fridge.
- Take it an hour before frying and stir again. The dough will look like a thick cream. If the dough is too thick - add milk, if liquid - flour.
- Fry the pancakes on a greased olive oil frying pan.
Such pancakes will be perfectly combined with red salted fish and cream cheese. Another popular option - curd cheese, greens and tomatoes.
Pancakes for this recipe will be an excellent breakfast. Cooked on low-fat milk and eggs, these pancakes provide the body with proteins, and oat flour will energize.
- 50 grams of oatmeal.
- 50 grams of wheat flour.
- 2 raw eggs.
- 1.5 cup skim milk.
- 3 tablespoons of refined oil.
- Salt to taste.
- Add the sifted flour to the oatmeal.
- Add eggs and butter to the resulting mixture and mix well.
- We pour milk in small portions.
- Let's leave the dough under the lid for half an hour.
- Mix the dough with whisk before sending it to the frying pan. This should be done so that the oat flakes do not settle to the bottom and are evenly distributed.
These pancakes are quite high-calorie. You can serve them, for example, with honey, nuts, dried apricots or raisins for hot tea. Well they will be combined with a salty stuffing - cottage cheese, mushrooms or chicken.
To prepare such pancakes, you need a casein protein. Behind it you can go to the sports nutrition store, although recently it can be found on the shelves of large supermarkets. The undoubted advantage of such pancakes is that they can be eaten even in the evening, without fear of ruining the figure.
- 70 grams of oatmeal.
- 50 grams of low-fat milk.
- 1 scoop of protein.
- 0.5 cups of raw egg whites.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender.
- The resulting mixture is poured into a hot pan and fried on one side to ruddy edges. After this, carefully turn over and fry another 1-2 minutes.
- Served with peanut butter, banana and almonds.
Such pancakes will be enjoyed by both adults and children.
- 2 cups of flour.
- 0.5 cups of milk.
- 0.5 cup low-fat kefir.
- 2 eggs.
- 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon of soda.
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
Color pancakes will give the following ingredients:
- 50 grams of cherries( you can freshly frozen).
- Half a bunch of spinach.
- 1 medium carrot.
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 ripe tomato
- Tablespoon of cocoa.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, soda and baking powder.
- We break eggs, add milk, kefir and butter, whilst continuing to beat.
- Gradually pour liquid ingredients into the flour and mix until homogeneous with a mixer.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts.
- Cherries are thawed and squeezed juice with a fine sieve. The resulting juice is sent to the first bowl with dough. These pancakes will be pink.
- In the second bowl we send the freshly squeezed tomato juice. These pancakes will be red.
- In the third bowl we send cocoa powder. To prevent the dough from getting too thick, you can add a couple of spoonfuls of milk or water.
- Rinse well the spinach with a blender. We pass through a sieve. The dough in the fourth bowl turns bright green. If desired, you can add finely chopped dill.
- Carrots three on a fine grater and squeeze the juice with a sieve. Pancakes from this test turn out to be bright yellow.
- To make a purple pancake made of blueberries, make a puree in a blender.
- Each pancake is fried from two sides for 2 minutes on medium heat.
For pink, purple, chocolate pancakes, a cream with berries or caramelized fruits is perfect. An excellent decoration for this dish will be mint leaves or cinnamon sticks. For green, yellow and red pancakes, pick up the filling, for example, from tender curd cheese with herbs and seafood.
Despite the fact that pancakes are considered one of the oldest dishes of Russian cuisine, do not be afraid to experiment. Traditionally, a pancake must have a round shape, symbolizing the sun.
- To make the feed original and unusual, you can bake pancakes in the form of a mesh. To do this, squeeze pancakes into a frying pan from the culinary syringe. To ensure that the filling does not fall out of such pancakes, you can make an interlayer of spinach leaves.
- You can make rolls with different fillings from square-shaped pancakes.
- Using food colors, you can arrange a real rainbow on a dish.
- As a filling for pancakes, almost everything that can be found in the refrigerator is suitable: from salted fish and cream cheese to peanut butter and baked pumpkin.
- Pancakes can be served with different sauces: maple syrup, chocolate topping, cranberry sauce and others.