Initially, styling in the ombre technique began to be used in its shows by famous designers. Following them, the fashion trend of shadow painting was picked up by the stylists of Hollywood's popular stars, they made some changes in technique, general appearance and continued to develop this direction. Kinodivy, singer, secular lioness, watching fashion, immediately appreciated the benefits of ombre to dark hair and began to actively use it.
This staining technique allows you to get the most natural transitions, creates an additional visual volume due to beautiful shades of colors. Before this method of transforming ringlets, ordinary women from all over the world could not resist.
This kind of coloring is most expressive and looks beautiful on long dark hair. But the fair sex with short hair can easily choose the original and fashion options.
Advantages and disadvantages of ombre
Like any coloring, it has positive and negative sides.
Let's start with a good one:
- No significant harm to hair. Often, hair roots are not stained, lightening of individual strands is carried out.
- This method makes it possible not to tint the roots too often, since it suggests a darker start to the hair.
- Correctly chosen color solutions and competent arrangement of shades can visually adjust the face oval. For example, an ombre to dark hair with a bang will help hide a tall, broad forehead. A girl with a round face can slightly extend it, brightening the strands in a vertical or diagonal technique.
- The game of shades and light gives the curls extra volume and splendor.
- This variant of painting is universal and will suit women of all ages, physique, rhythm of life. The most gorgeous degradation looks on curled hair.
- Light strands of the face will refresh the face, give the haircut dynamics.
- And last but not least, the ombre effect looks luxurious, the hair looks healthy, shiny and well-groomed.
Of course, like any other coloring, this technique has not only advantages, but in this case there is only one minus. Despite all the apparent simplicity of the method, a faultless ombre at home is hard to do.
It is better to contact a master colorist with experience. He has special skills, competently selects colors and conducts the procedure in compliance with technology. So you will protect yourself from:
- hair damage;
- unexpected result;
- need to re-stain.
Types of ombre
Another advantage of ombre is the variety of staining options, the possibility of using different techniques and color solutions. Let's consider the main types.
This is a classic technique using two colors and a transverse boundary transition. The area of hue can be soft, inconspicuous or sharp and sharp.
The natural color of the curls can serve as the basis for the classical ombre. If your shade is not expressive enough, then a colored ombre with bright colors will do. Girls who like to attract attention and not against experiments with appearance will surely appreciate the extravagant violet ombre.
In the classical version, you can use a variety of color palettes. But the most popular is the two-tone painting, which uses the most natural colors: chocolate, coffee-light brown, beige, wheat, copper. Of these, elegant color duets are obtained.
Now particularly noteworthy are both discreet combinations, and a contrast gradient with the transition from dark colors to light ones.
The multi-tone horizontal ombre is not easy to make. Master colorist performs a multi-level transition of colors using additional shades. With this coloring, the transitions need to be done carefully, the borders should be as blurred and smooth as possible. To make the painting look expensive and elegant, it is necessary to pay special attention to the selection of shades. For an exquisite degradation, a wide range of colors of natural shades is used.
- Choose rich black, brown, chestnut, chocolate, light brown colors, softly turning into light: honey, nut, golden, wheat, pearl, beige, pearl, platinum, caramel.
- Bright creative natures can give preference to bold, bright color solutions, for example, to make a red ombre whose transition color will be crimson, or on dark short hair to perform locks in blue-blue, lilac scales.
- Do not forget that any intense and unusual coloring will attract attention to your hair. Pay special attention to the condition of the curls, they should look healthy and well-groomed, always cut the tips in time.
Dark hair is an ideal base for most species of degradation. Brunettes, brown-haired, fair-haired can afford any kind of hair transfusion. They look great stylish contrast gradient and elegant degradation with a soft flow of tones, which is also called overgrown bronzing.
Fashion trends for brunettes
Undisputed hit of the season, which can be seen on the main catwalks and covers of glossy magazines, was a chic ombre in caramel-cognac shades. These soft, natural golden auburn, coffee-cognac, caramel and honey colors look sumptuous in a duet with a rich dark color of roots. Such staining was preferred by star brunettes: Jessica Alba, Salma Hayek, Jessica Bill, Jennifer Anniston, Sarah Jessica Parker, Sandra Bullock. Of course, they look great!
Jessica Bill Jessica Alba
- The theme of the trendy transformation for dark-haired girls continues the horizontal clear ombre using contrasting tones. In the CIS countries, this variant of degradation is customarily performed with a large indentation from the roots of hair, in the West a more bold, contrasting look is used: only the base of the hair remains natural, and the bulk is painted in very light shades.
- Another option is chosen only by bold and extravagant girls. If you treat this and decide to make a monochrome ombre, then you should know that such coloring requires radical lightening of the strands. And this, in turn, is impossible without a highly professional approach, the use of the most delicate dyes and competent care after the procedure. Only if these rules are observed, the hairstyle will look beautiful, and the hair will stay healthy.
- And the last in the list, but not the last by relevance trend - it's colorful coloring. At the peak of popularity now ombre with cold shades. Japanese designers suggest making a soft transition from black roots to blue-blue, purple strands.
Girls of warm color types will approach a red ombre to dark hair. For this styling, stylists are advised to use orange-red, cranberry, cherry dye. These tones are also in demand this season.
Cheerful girls can choose a flirty ombre, which uses all the colors of the rainbow. But such a multicolor coloring must be supported by appropriate original clothing.
Ombre at home
For the procedure you will need:
- Lightening composition for 4-7 tones.
- Brush for coloring.
- Plastic container in which you will dilute the paint.
- Dilute the paint in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Separate those locks that you want to paint, and paint on them. Distribute it, starting from the middle of the strand, then move to the ends of the hair.
- Wrap the painted strands with foil. Minutes through 15-25, the time depends on the ability of your hair to lighten, remove the foil.
- Apply the paint slightly above the previously painted border, make a smooth transition. Wait another 8-10 minutes and rinse off the paint.
- Finish slightly dried strands of the remaining composition. So they will become even lighter. After 8-11 minutes, wash the head.
Ombre to dark hair is harder to make than it seems. You will need all your attention and patience.
Coloring ombre on dark hair at home - video
Coloring an ombre is a technique that is simply created for brunette girls! Soft transition from dark roots to light ends will create the effect of hair burned in the sun, and individual shades of shades will give them splendor. Rooted roots will not spoil your hair, the shade will look fashionable and beautiful.
Video on the subject: